Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elite ons with no efficiency

Cicasajt

it would be fun to play onslaught as a kind of survival game. u just have to survive the waves for a given time and lets say kill a given number of enemies during that. if u do that u unlock the next level. 

im just sick of this whole efficiency thing. i want to play for fun

2 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Isn't that simply called "Survival missions" ?

Not really since those don't require a certain number of enemies killed. Actually, current Onslaught is closer to Survival than what OP proposed.

I like this idea, though to make it fair the ability restriction system used in ESO should be expanded. Also, I think it'd be a nice addition to give players only one "life" without allowing teammates to revive you. Something like what DE used in Rathuum event.

9 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Not really since those don't require a certain number of enemies killed. Actually, current Onslaught is closer to Survival than what OP proposed.

Well, you can't rely solely on Survival Pods. If you don't kill anything, you'll run out of energy quite fast.

6 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

I like this idea, though to make it fair the ability restriction system used in ESO should be expanded. Also, I think it'd be a nice addition to give players only one "life" without allowing teammates to revive you. Something like what DE used in Rathuum event.

Adding too many cooldowns on abilities would effectively kill Warframe.

Plus, no revive would mean some Warframes are not even allowed in this mode, and that will add another "mandatory frame" to the so-called "meta". Everybody thinks Saryn is mandatory for ESO, now Saryn AND Trinity will be thought mandatory. Only 2 spots left, and don't even think about bringing a squishy frame.

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Isn't that simply called "Survival missions" ?

would be quite far from survivals. 

single tile set, no life support, ability cooldowns, changing enemy type and map, faster scaling, higher starting level, no resource drops. a real onslaught but more about survival than waiting for enemies to spawn or hunting them on a too large tile set before the timer runs out

Just now, Cicasajt said:

runing out of revives/not getting the number of kills needed to finish

Running out of revives is true for everything. There needs to be something in the mission that will either fail you the whole mission like defense or whatever, makes it so you can't go further like survival/onslaught or you lose the current reward like excavation.

1 minute ago, Naftal said:

Running out of revives is true for everything. There needs to be something in the mission that will either fail you the whole mission like defense or whatever, makes it so you can't go further like survival/onslaught or you lose the current reward like excavation.

"NOT GETTING THE NUMBER OF KILLS NEEDED TO FINISH"

Edited by Cicasajt

Just now, Cicasajt said:

NOT GETTING THE NUMBER OF KILLS NEEDED TO FINISH

So there is a timer then? So how is this any different than survival or onslaught where you also need to kill enough enemies per time.

4 minutes ago, Naftal said:

So there is a timer then? So how is this any different than survival or onslaught where you also need to kill enough enemies per time.

there is a timer. lets say u get 3 minutes every wave to kill an increasing ammount of enemies. its different from the current ons because you can only lose at the end of the timer, not during the countdown.

no need to look for enemies, no need to hunt them, no need to wait for spawns. tho i believe the current onslaught could be balanced that way too. i have never lost an ons because we could carry on easily. its the efficiency going down too quickly what is the problem. espacially on large tiles. this is why this thing needs a rework on an alternate mode that is actually fun

Edited by Cicasajt

1 minute ago, Cicasajt said:

there is a timer. lets say u get 3 minutes every wave to kill an increasing ammount of enemies. its different from the current ons because you can only lose at the end of the timer, not during the countdown.

I don't see a reason to have this sort of mode on top of survival and onslaught. In the end it's the same, but if you are going to fail, you'll fail later. For people who are not going to fail it's exactly the same.

5 hours ago, Naftal said:

I don't see a reason to have this sort of mode on top of survival and onslaught. In the end it's the same, but if you are going to fail, you'll fail later. For people who are not going to fail it's exactly the same.

perhaps u have the lategame u desire, but many dont. 

2 minutes ago, Cicasajt said:

perhaps u have the lategame u desire, but many dont. 

I don't either. I just don't see any real difference in your proposed mode compared to survival and onslaught which already are about killing enough enemies per time or failing.

10 minutes ago, Naftal said:

I don't either. I just don't see any real difference in your proposed mode compared to survival and onslaught which already are about killing enough enemies per time or failing.

its been listed in details. not my problem that u cant understand

10 hours ago, Naftal said:

Not really since usually failing the primary objective is more likely than running out of revies which is true for current OS/EOS as well. A mission type where your only concern is to keep your warframe alife is different (essentially a horde mode).

Maybe it could be expanded with new features like collecting resssource (available only for the duration of the mission) and upgrading defense objects like Grineer ramparts, turrets, blunts or Orokin laser, traps, death orbs etc.

Edited by Arcira

Am 5.7.2018 um 10:25 schrieb Cicasajt:

u just have to survive the waves for a given time and lets say kill a given number of enemies during that. if u do that u unlock the next level.

Thats exactly how efficiency works 😉 Only difference would be that lose at the end of the round if you didnt kill enough, not in the middle.

But i get you, the problem is that the efficiency drain is too strong in later waves/not enough enemies to kill to match up for it.

I dont care for this gamemode anymore because for me, its also not fun and has become just another "farm" gamemode or "lvl up weapons in 4 zones" gamemode.

As much as i liked to see something that is truly challenging us, i stopped hoping for it to become reality.

With everything DE is saying about scaling rewards (simply not gonna happen), bite-sized gameplay (they want warframe to be a "jump in jump out quickly game where rounds last 20 minutes at max) and how they are balancing warframes etc (it seems to me they only have lowlvl-missions in mind when thinking about reworks) i dont see any gamemodes coming that go in that direction.

I'd like to see a gamemode in a way you suggested aswell, maybe like this:

- you have 0 revives (and maybe it is not possible to revive teammates)

- you start at lvl 100 already, raming up really quick like you said

- no timelimit, maybe just the target to kill a certain number of enemies per wave

- so the only questions are "can i survive" and "can i kill enemies"

I dont know, anything that is a "fair challenge" which rewards skill. I made a big post about my suggestions to ESO some time ago, im gonna link it here,

but if you want me to take that link out again for some reasons just tell me 😉 But it seems to me you are looking for a "challenge" in another way, and this might fit.

Edited by DreisterDino

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Arcira:

Not really since usually failing the primary objective is more likely than running out of revies which is true for current OS/EOS as well. A mission type where your only concern is to keep your warframe alife is different (essentially a horde mode).

Maybe it could be expanded with new features like collecting resssource (available only for the duration of the mission) and upgrading defense objects like Grineer ramparts, turrets, blunts or Orokin laser, traps, death orbs etc.

Thats also a direction i would like to try out, but i think its too far from the core gameplay to be implemented.