Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoLive 2018 - Ash Prime Twitch Drop!

[DE]Megan

People want their Ash Prime for various reasons but theres no need to whining I didnt get mine and im not complaining I know DE is working on it we all just need to be patience 

Edited by terrorspy

3 minutes ago, KateTroy said:

DE, Guys, that's not ok for your reputation, really... You have a problem. Ok. But where is the communication with your audience? We can wait, we can understand anything. But... Silence... Why do we have to guess will we get, what you promissed or you will pretend that nothing happened? No information - only one post in twitter and here in the topic more than a day ago! In gamedev it's simply unacceptable! Don't you understand, that such bugs are forgivable for small trifles, but it was !!!TennoCon!!! and this bug is now associated with it, with your promises! You promised a gift to people, but now it seems as if you did not. Personally, I'm not sure now that I can believe any of your promises. And the reason is not in the thirst for a free Ash - hell with it! The reason is only in your silence, in your relation to the community. 😞

Chill Winston, it's only Monday. They certainly weren't prepared for the influx of people who did tune in to what is still a relatively small company showcase. You'll get your prize. 

Found Ash Prime in my inbox when I started the game seconds after the stream was over, so it worked for me as intended by DE!

I watched the stream from the start and on a lower quality in hope for more stability, but at the end of the stream I still had some loading issues.
I typed some comments at the chat from time to time, to avoid the automatic status switching from "online" to "away" and I didn't switched between programs or browser tabs during the stream (don't know if something of this is related to the watch time or drop).

4 minutes ago, Odramarth said:

I think the problem comes from the twitch. Because if the algorithm was ben made everyone after 30min would have received the ash prime. we are talking about servers with a lot of processing and lots of ram. it is not because there are 350k of viewers that will pause the drop. Again I say 99.99% is twitch algorithm problem. That's why the twitch for me has already died at 2 years.

Time of insert data for 350k+ warframe depend of lot of element :

- server capacities (RAM, processor and database program)

- number of datas create and modify for any new warframe (it's not only add an warframe add a message. It's also add lines in logs, modification of account elements same as maximum number of warframe, ... They have an impact on the total duration)

- program use for add all free warframe impact duration of threatment. By exemple number of update by database transaction has an impact on total duration. Insert/update one by one versus all in one made a very big difference. And more programmation element have also impact.

- type of data extraction from twich (complete list or with pagination, list with duration or connection/disconnection log list?)

- percentage of server capacities use by user in game or during connection

- and other unknow elements by final user

Depend of programs and server, create or edit as much data can take a few hours without interruption.

Whith server saturation by a very big number of simultaneous player, it's not 99.99% sure is tiwtch algorythm problem. It is rather 90% on that the problem comes from warframe servers due to player number of simultaneous connections too big, the program for add free warframes could not do its job (database server not responding). 10% is for unknow element by final user (bug, network and more).

• Like 1

Might as well say I too have yet to recieve Ash Prime. Though my concern is that I watched the hour long stream on my tv via Chromecast casting it from my phone through the twitch app. I have my warframe accout linked to my twitch account and was logged into twitch while watching. Even had chat up the whole time on my phone. I'm just a little concerned as I am not sure if it works using that method. I guess I'll find out though.

Edited by Fatalize
Typos

...it's terrible how some warframe-members act here... just give DE some time to do there job. job: this is something you do monday to friday in a specific timeframe. not at weekend. ash prime is a free drop for watching something. it's nothing you need to play or you need to live.. so calm down and relax 🙂

• Like 1

Big event that advertised free Ash prime to get viewers/players aka money backfired on people. Not the peoples fault DE messed this up and have as much right to complain as all the peeps complaining about complaining!

17 minutes ago, Huskemaw said:

*in meliodas voice* Sate sate sate..didnt we tell you all to WAIT for DE's FIX?!
Now stop the spam as it is making the situation bad

Bc of ppl like the one i quote below the pam will keep on going until they close the topic.

8 minutes ago, Xsplitive said:

Big event that advertised free Ash prime to get viewers/players aka money backfired on people. Not the peoples fault DE messed this up and have as much right to complain as all the peeps complaining about complaining!

Edited by Nephalem

In my opinion the biggest problem, is a lack of communication or clear understanding of what is going on.

I made the effort, and put time aside, to have 3 pc's and an xbox, all active seperate accounts, all linked to Twitch, all watching the live stream from before it started to after it finished, I let my lads stay up late, and my partner had no TV for the night as the family who had eagerly anticipated a free Ash Prime for the previous week sat up enjoying the stream and glimpses of future content.

Out of three seperate PC accounts only my youngest lad got Ash prime, my eldest lad never got it on the xbox, and as dissapointed as he is he is grinding to get the most out his TennoCon ticket. Yeah we bought tickets as well as put time aside for the live stream, as well as continually invest in the game, so with spending comes expectation of courtesy and customer service.

I am disappointed, I'm on my holiday, partner off ill, my birthday today, I and three of us in the family still not received ash prime, yet all there is is a little paragraph hinting at what might get sorted with no course of action or news sticky, just this long convoluted thread.

What would be nice is an official DE reply or sticky telling us what will happen and how we can claim our free Ash Prime as promised, such as do we send a ticket with Twitch and in game user names or is some other course of action in progress?

I have not looked, but so far seen no one since this receive Ash Prime, I guess some have had this resolved?

29 minutes ago, Gucy36 said:

Oh guys and remeber watching fullscreen on twitch and not moving a mouse or talking on chat will make you go afk which means no prize

Really, pretty unacceptable that, but considering my youngest lad, like all of us, and the majority of the planet just put Twitch on, and watched the stream on a big screen, he got Ash while some of us who ccontributed chat did not, makes me wonder what your basing that opion on.

Saying we would have to had spent 30 minutes spamming Twitch chat or waving a mouse around? Are you for real?

4 minutes ago, Nephalem said:

Bc of ppl like the one i quote below the pam will keep on going until they close the topic.

Your a smart for sure my point is still correct 'not the peoples fault'. So who is really spamming? 

DE isnt going to do anything for does that didnt get theyr ash prime if they were they would of done it by now but its clear they arent doing anything to address us since they arent giving us any new info on the situation 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb SastusBulbas:

In my opinion the biggest problem, is a lack of communication or clear understanding of what is going on.

I made the effort, and put time aside, to have 3 pc's and an xbox, all active seperate accounts, all linked to Twitch, all watching the live stream from before it started to after it finished, I let my lads stay up late, and my partner had no TV for the night as the family who had eagerly anticipated a free Ash Prime for the previous week sat up enjoying the stream and glimpses of future content.

Out of three seperate PC accounts only my youngest lad got Ash prime, my eldest lad never got it on the xbox, and as dissapointed as he is he is grinding to get the most out his TennoCon ticket. Yeah we bought tickets as well as put time aside for the live stream, as well as continually invest in the game, so with spending comes expectation of courtesy and customer service.

I am disappointed, I'm on my holiday, partner off ill, my birthday today, I and three of us in the family still not received ash prime, yet all there is is a little paragraph hinting at what might get sorted with no course of action or news sticky, just this long convoluted thread.

What would be nice is an official DE reply or sticky telling us what will happen and how we can claim our free Ash Prime as promised, such as do we send a ticket with Twitch and in game user names or is some other course of action in progress?

I have not looked, but so far seen no one since this receive Ash Prime, I guess some have had this resolved?

Come on, I received my Ash Prime at my inbox directly after the stream, when I started the game.
So basically it seems to work as intended for some people and there was no global failure.
I could imagine, that the automatic switching of the status in twitch from "online" to "away" interrupts the watchtime counter and results in missing the drop.

I'm sure DE will investigate this, but It was weekend and the DE staff isn't working 24/7!