The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe for Switch, EXCITED, but wondering

Kaethill

So being a BIG advocate for the switch and its amazing properties (I.E The versitillity of the system) i was EXSTATIC to see Warframe coming to it. But i do wonder, do i have to start over like with the ps4? Or could we be so lucky as too have a chance to get our current progress rolled over? I personally found it difficult to just start over when i got my ps4, so i never progressed very far on Warframe on that system.

3 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Pretty sure "no founder" rule will apply there too, which means you will lose all your founder gear after transferring while keeping the rest commonly available stuff. Is it worth it?

Wait, so when you transfer in general you dont keep it on PC? Well there goes my fun with Warframe on the switch then 😕

The PS4 recently had these exact problems. I think it was with Fortnite for Switch, Sony decided they will not allow their accounts to work on the Switch, and as such everyone who played on PS4 was screwed, and it wasn't Nintendo, or Epic or anyone else's fault, it was Sony. The same could happen with Warframe.

7 minutes ago, Hunter.Ace said:

Sorry. I meant Nintendo-PC cross-platform. . .

Doubt PC and Xbox will ever get-together.

Ah.

I can see Nintendo-PC cross-platform play happening.

6 minutes ago, Sadroth said:

Wait, so when you transfer in general you dont keep it on PC? Well there goes my fun with Warframe on the switch then 😕

Yeah, if DE offers a transfer option, you'd lose your founder gear in the transfer.

Namely your Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime.

Just like with the PS4 transfer, DE wouldn't want content to exist on the platform that isn't available to be owned by everyone.

Edit: sentence structure, for clarity.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

Just now, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Ah.

I can see Nintendo-PC cross-platform play happening.

Yeah, if DE offers a transfer option, you'd lose your founder gear in the transfer.

Namely your Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime.

Just like with the PS4 transfer, DE doesn't want content to exist on the platform that isn't available to own by everyone.

I get that part, but do i Lose my PC progress????
I KNOW the Founders stuff doesnt come with me, but thats not what i meant
IF you transfer from PC to Switch, would you loose the PC progress?

9 minutes ago, Sadroth said:

Hm just checked the page with account migration rules and it seems like it indeed copies your account to another platform but your PC account remains unaffected. Though you will just have two accounts that don't share progress anymore so you'll have to play the same things twice in future.

ACCOUNT MIGRATION FROM PC TO PS4 NOW POSSIBLE

As many Warframe players were wishing for, account migration from PC to PS4 has now been made possible by Warframe! The following is what Warframe posted in a news article about account migration:

The time has come! Account migration is now open to PC Players!

From now until Friday, August 1 at 2 PM EDT, the Migrate Account option will allow you to create a copy of your existing PC account for use on the PS4 version of Warframe.

There are a few things you should know before you transfer your account:

- You must have a PSN account to be eligible for a PC to PS4 Account Migration.
- PC to PS4 account migration can only be done once and can NOT be reversed. Be sure to use the correct PSN ID for the migration.
- All existing PS4 account progress will be overwritten by your PC account.
- All Platinum and goods (i.e. Prime Access, PS4 Renown Pack, Mod Packs, Obsidian Braton Skin) purchased on the PS4 PSN Store will be added to your new migrated account at the base rank.
- Any items purchased in-game with Platinum on PS4 will be overwritten and the Platinum returned to your new migrated account; items purchased with credits will be overwritten by your PC account.
- No Platinum purchased on the PC version of Warframe will be transferred to the PS4 copy.
- No Clan information from the PC is copied; all existing PS4 Clan information remains untouched.
- Any items on PC that are not currently available on PS4 will appear when the PS4 is updated.
- If you have an existing PS4 account, your Friends List will not be overwritten, but your PC Friends List will not copy over.
- Account sharing/selling is prohibited and if violated you risk having both accounts banned.
- Your PC account will remain unaffected and unchanged after migration.
- All PC Exclusive items and gear will remain exclusive to the PC and will NOT migrate to the PS4.

Edited by Ksaero

3 minutes ago, Sadroth said:

I get that part, but do i Lose my PC progress????
I KNOW the Founders stuff doesnt come with me, but thats not what i meant

I assume that'll depend on Nintendo.

Nintendo might decide to be less rigid than Sony about allowing cross-platform information sharing.

Chances are good you'll be able to sign in to a Switch with your PC Warframe account.

2 minutes ago, Sadroth said:

I don't see why this would happen. But I can see the two versions not being synchronized. So you can port your progress from PC, but then you'll just have 2 separate accounts that will develop separately from that point onward.

In my opinion, PC/Switch interchangeability would be a enourmous plus that would make people buy a switch, (me included) pretty sure De would go for it if they are able to.

Phantasy star online 2 did something like this with vita and now the switch, though in a diferent way (game streaming on the switch) but let's wait and see.

ive been iching to get a switch for a long time now, warframe on it would just make me want it even more.

So will this process just make a carbon copy of my current pc account at the time of transfer meaning I will be able to play on PC still but the switch version will just be its own thing but I want have to start over completely? if thats the case then thats cool as using the switch version will just be for the times when I cant use my PC and Im happy for it to be separate just the thought of having to start over is not appealing lol 

if i have to start over i will probably not play it on a switch...

i can also imagine one would have to buy a dedicated sd card just for the game (warframe is currently like 30ish gb, but i can imagine the switch version would be lighter, but considering future updates.... id have to either go for a 64gb or 128gb card. I don't imagine DE releassing a carthridge version. (though it would be incredibly cool)

I dont have consoles so this is not really hurts me. The problem is currently noone of the platforms can cross play which is bad. Also the switch is too limited, small capacity, small power, small window and in every part weaker than an avarege pc so it is most likely seems a torture to me.

3 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

I dont have consoles so this is not really hurts me. The problem is currently noone of the platforms can cross play which is bad. Also the switch is too limited, small capacity, small power, small window and in every part weaker than an avarege pc so it is most likely seems a torture to me.

Well everyone has a way to play games 🙂
I personally LOVE the swtich, power isnt everything 😉

2 hours ago, Hunter.Ace said:

Sorry. I meant Nintendo-PC cross-platform. . .

Doubt PC and Xbox will ever get-together.

PC and Xbox don't play together because of DE policy and release cycles, not because it isn't possible (closest analog to Warframe at the moment that does being Fortnite). If DE were to talk with Microsoft, Switch/Xbox crossplay is operationally and logistically more likely than Switch/PC simply because DE puts unstable patches on PC before releasing cert-capable patches on console. Switch/PC would require a larger QA effort, possibly a PTR-like environment for public testing, and delaying patches until they were stable on both platforms (complicated on Switch by having another dev involved and more difficult hardware to optimize for)

Arguably one of the biggest mistakes they could make at this point is to go through that effort and operational changes to support Switch/PC crossplay but not get Xbox on board as well (yes I'm selfish about this but also believe it's true ;)). 

I've stated it elsewhere but I think some form of cross-play is going to be critical to success on the Switch, as no matter what it's likely to have the lowest population of any console, and the itch for people to have a better presentation of the game when playing at home is going to be much stronger than it is with the current consoles. Plains are hard enough on a vanilla xbox/ps4, imagine the sacrifices - and load times - to get them/Venus on Switch. If not PC, Xbox crossplay would give a solid boost to both platforms and put additional pressure on Sony to hopefully someday bring all the console populations together.

7 minutes ago, SirSovereign said:

The only reason I'd play it on my Switch is if I could play the same account on both PC and the Switch without losing anything. I'd never transfer my pc account to switch and not be able to play on pc.

There's still a chance that Nintendo will allow players to log in to their PC account on the Switch.

For example, Nintendo allows Minecraft players to log into their MS account and unlock Xbox achievements on the Switch.