Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think Sony just lost me as a consumer.

(PSN)Magician_NG

Even though nothing has been set in stone yet, I'm fairly certain that I will be unable to transfer my PS4 Warframe account to the Switch when the Switch version launches.  Four years, 3k+ hours, $850 (give or take)...all stuck on PlayStation platforms.  Now I'm beginning to regret not buying an Xbox One and beginning my Warframe experience earlier on that platform.  Because you know MS and Nintendo will be allowing cross-platform play between those systems.

I'm very pissed off at the moment.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

You sure MS and Switch will allow crossplay ?

What DE said is you will be able to transfer your account from PC to Switch during only few weeks. Crossplay is very difficult in this game since they need to upload the same version in all platforms at the same time and that is difficult (I guess). What we should do is ask Sony to let DE make this game crossplay (they could since Fortnite allows crossplay for PC PS4)

• 2 weeks later...

People... stop buying these scammy platforms. How many times can the company screw you over before you realize they're just greedy suits that will never change? Just buy a PC. It requires a bit more effort but is worth it in the long run.

Edited by Tellakey

1 hour ago, Tellakey said:

People... stop buying these scammy platforms. How many times can the company screw you over before you realize they're just greedy suits that will never change? Just buy a PC. It requires a bit more effort but is worth it in the long run.

I like games that PC doesn't have sooooo 😃

4 minutes ago, (PS4)GHOSTBEAST1000 said:

I like games that PC doesn't have sooooo 😃

Awww man, I've been fantasizing about Bloodborne for a long time, so I got where you're coming from.

If only most players were willing to oppose platforms we'd be able to have all the games on PC. One can dream, though.

On 2018-07-09 at 2:42 PM, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Even though nothing has been set in stone yet, I'm fairly certain that I will be unable to transfer my PS4 Warframe account to the Switch when the Switch version launches.  Four years, 3k+ hours, $850 (give or take)...all stuck on PlayStation platforms.  Now I'm beginning to regret not buying an Xbox One and beginning my Warframe experience earlier on that platform.  Because you know MS and Nintendo will be allowing cross-platform play between those systems.

I'm very pissed off at the moment.

There won't be cross-platform Steve confirmed so, no idea where you got that from.Also MS won't allow a transfer either as they don't want to lose customers so you are making a big fuss over a gimmick like cross-play.

2 hours ago, Tellakey said:

What's so scammy if I may ask? If you bought it fully aware of it's features then there's nothing scammy about it.However I do agree that it is scummy on MS' end to require online subscription for F2P games like WF. It always comes down to personal preference.

1 hour ago, Tellakey said:

Awww man, I've been fantasizing about Bloodborne for a long time, so I got where you're coming from.

If only most players were willing to oppose platforms we'd be able to have all the games on PC. One can dream, though.

Entitled much? Simple, buy the platform if you are interested in those games, PC isn't the only gaming platform you know and it's better that way.

3 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

What's so scammy if I may ask? If you bought it fully aware of it's features then there's nothing scammy about it.However I do agree that it is scummy on MS' end to require online subscription for F2P games like WF. It always comes down to personal preference.

Entitled much? Simple, buy the platform if you are interested in those games, PC isn't the only gaming platform you know and it's better that way.

The fact that you are tricked into buying a platform only to pay extra for internet, the dumbed-down graphics falsely advertised as higher during E3, the extremely pricey games, Sony's constant exploitation of their userbase with things like Fortnite's recent user lock to those who bought Fortnite on the switch, Sony refusing crossplay. Need I say more? There's a ton of examples I'm not even familiar with. Platforms are perfect scamming arenas due to how they abuse your lack of choice once you have purchased them. Having already spent money on the platforms, the companies can test how far they can screw you over. Most people lack discipline and will only reinforce this behaviour.

Entitled? How about presumptive much? I'm not going to buy an entire platform for a single game. I'm not supporting these shady tactics. Games like Bloodborne are obviously there to sell the console.

Edited by Tellakey

23 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

The fact that you are tricked into buying a platform only to pay extra for internet, the dumbed-down graphics falsely advertised as higher during E3, the extremely pricey games, Sony's constant exploitation of their userbase with things like Fortnite's recent user lock to those who bought Fortnite on the switch, Sony refusing crossplay. Need I say more? There's a ton of examples I'm not even familiar with. Platforms are perfect scamming arenas due to how they abuse your lack of choice once you have purchased them. Having already spent money on the platforms, the companies can test how far they can screw you over. Most people lack discipline and will only reinforce this behaviour.

Entitled? How about presumptive much? I'm not going to buy an entire platform for a single game. I'm not supporting these shady tactics. Games like Bloodborne are obviously there to sell the console.

Cross-play is not one of the advertised features of the console, it's only a recent trend that people are demanding.Paying for online sadly is there but it's there to maintain the online services. Dumbed-down graphics are on the Devs of the games not the console itself. The Fortnite thing is about the only one I heard about, haven't heard of any other incidents like that before(if there were any I would have heard about them). Yes there have been scummy attempts(mostly MS) but the userbase has always voiced their opinion.(Look at original Xbox One features, people teared MS a new one over it.). Sony is refusing cross-play as a way to get back at MS for them doing the same on last gen. While I don't agree with all that I understand it. If you want to bring up arguments atleast put effort in doing research on some of the stuff before posting blindly.

Well that's the selling point of exclusives, to give another reason to buy the platform, why should 1st party games be on other platforms, to help the competition? Most certainly not.

If you don't want to buy a console for the games you like, too bad, that's what it is, it's your decision on what it's worth. Just like I'm missing out Killer Instinct for not owning a XB1 because that's like the only interesting thing XB1 has to offer.

Also called you out as entitled because of this line: "If only most players were willing to oppose platforms we'd be able to have all the games on PC."

Yeah sorry but no, you just radiate with the "PC Master Race" mindset based on what you said so far.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Cross-play is not one of the advertised features of the console, it's only a recent trend that people are demanding.Paying for online sadly is there but it's there to maintain the online services. Dumbed-down graphics are on the Devs of the games not the console itself. The Fortnite thing is about the only one I heard about, haven't heard of any other incidents like that before(if there were any I would have heard about them). Yes there have been scummy attempts(mostly MS) but the userbase has always voiced their opinion.(Look at original Xbox One features, people teared MS a new one over it.). Sony is refusing cross-play as a way to get back at MS for them doing the same on last gen. While I don't agree with all that I understand it. If you want to bring up arguments atleast put effort in doing research on some of the stuff before posting blindly.

Well that's the selling point of exclusives, to give another reason to buy the platform, why should 1st party games be on other platforms, to help the competition? Most certainly not.

If you don't want to buy a console for the games you like, too bad, that's what it is, it's your decision on what it's worth. Just like I'm missing out Killer Instinct for not owning a XB1 because that's like the only interesting thing XB1 has to offer.

Also called you out as entitled because of this line: "If only most players were willing to oppose platforms we'd be able to have all the games on PC."

Yeah sorry but no, you just radiate with the "PC Master Race" mindset based on what you said so far.

Cross-play doesn't have to be advertised. The fact Sony and MS block the entire gaming experience from progress matters most. Paying for online services is still greedy and isn't necessary. The Devs of games who dumb down graphics do it because they can exploit the platform, exactly as I said. I don't care if it's the platform or the people publishing on the platform. It's the platform that is problematic.

I'm not going to cry over missing out some games. But I will point out that this competition between Microsoft and Sony is bull. Both companies are greedy, trying to divide the playerbase. That's why IMO PC is the best option. Sure, it might require some effort at building a good PC instead of getting your package pre-built, but it's worth it in the long run:

Better graphics, 60 fps, customizability, mods, the choice between keyboard or controller, free online (provided you have on at home), more frequent discounts, a wider gallery of games, backwards compatibility without needing to switch platforms, actually fair competitors (example: Steam/GOG), friggin tons of other utensils beside gaming, and most importantly, you're not subordinate to greedy companies due to the free nature of PCs.

Sorry, but at the end of the day PC Master Race may be a meme, but it's founded on truths. I can dig if you enjoy the atmosphere of playing with friends in your living room, and I would have had no issue with it had consoles not divided the gaming world into toxically competitive groups. And before you tell me that's capitalism, then I guess you have no issue with EA pulling shady marketing, since a huge amount of players swallow their dirt too.

Edited by Tellakey

16 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

Cross-play doesn't have to be advertised. The fact Sony and MS block the entire gaming experience from progress matters most. Paying for online services is still greedy. The Devs of games who dumb down graphics do it because they can exploit the platform, exactly as I said. I don't care if it's the platform or the people publishing on the platform. It's the platform that is problematic.

I'm not going to cry over missing out some games. But I will point out that this competition between Microsoft and Sony is bull. Both companies are greedy, trying to divide the playerbases. That's why IMO PC is the best option. Sure, it might require some effort at building a good PC instead of getting your package pre-built, but it's worth it in the long run:

Better graphics, 60 fps, customizability, mods, the choice between keyboard or controller, free online (provided you have on at home), more frequent discounts, a wider gallery of games, backwards compatibility without needing to switch platforms, actually fair competitors (example: Steam/GOG), friggin tons of other utensils beside gaming, and most importantly, you're not subordinate to greedy companies due to the free nature of PCs.

Sorry, but at the end of the day PC Master Race may be a meme, but it's founded on truths. I can dig if you enjoy the atmosphere of playing with friends in your living room, and I would have had no issue with it had consoles not divided the gaming world into toxically competitive groups. And before you tell me that's capitalism, then I guess you have no issue with EA pulling shady marketing, since a huge amount of players swallow their dirt too.

As I said, I don't agree with it all but not everything is a problem as you try to present it. I bought the console because I knew what I was getting into, didn't buy it blindly. A healthy competition between the companies allows the platforms to improve a lot, with hardware as much as with software and services. If it wasn't for that companies wouldn't bother to improve much on that end.

The whole PC Master Race thing isn't a meme without a reason, you are once again presenting it yourself with your narrow-minded view of things.Which is why I can hardly take you as serious

Consoles aren't only to blame for this toxic behaviour, same goes for PC with the Master Race thing as you are doing it now. It's not the platforms but rather the people who think that they have a need to insult everything else other than their own platform which goes for all. PS4, XB1 and PC. So don't blame platforms for something that you are at blame yourself.

However WF has shown to be one of the most respectful communities in this terms. People has shown to be supportive and helpful no matter of the platform.

And yeah EA can suck it.

Edited by (PS4)reddragonhrcro

Companies are all greedy with their customers, even if you pay them for account transfer (as I tried) they will still deny it. So all you need is faith towards the future and see whether there will be changes or not. This is all a business whether its DE or Sony or MS or whatever. Once you in their platforms you are locked down to go elsewhere because they technically force you to stay there. Because some people out of desperation will begin new accounts and invest more cash on the platform and the game therefore the company once again will be earning that cash. I was quite sadden and upset also unable to transfer my 3.5k plus hours PS4 account to PC due to personal reasons that will forbidden me to access a ps4 as I don't plan on purchasing a new one anytime soon. But I like the game and I started on PC with the exact same tag name and patiently working my way up again. But you know what is sad? Knowing I have a ghost account on standby with exclusive items such as old mods, old arcane helmets, skins etc and maxed out focus points in each trees. And knowing I have to grind that again , sounds like a torture.... But I know for I fact I wont be putting cash out because it feels like if I ever run into that problem again then I know money would go to waste.

We should be able to make huge posts on this forum that read "don't play on console, your experience will be worse." I've had the same problem. I sunk way too much money in this game, compounded by a PS4 account with nontransferable premium purchases.

9 minutes ago, Snowbluff said:

We should be able to make huge posts on this forum that read "don't play on console, your experience will be worse." I've had the same problem. I sunk way too much money in this game, compounded by a PS4 account with nontransferable premium purchases.

Funny enough , I have encountered a lot of console to PC players with same issue. So this must be trend of everyone leaving the consoles to PC 😂

52 minutes ago, jesuimaneribas said:

Funny enough , I have encountered a lot of console to PC players with same issue. So this must be trend of everyone leaving the consoles to PC 😂

Well in my experience, I had enough money to upgrade and a bunch of PC games I wanted to play and some people who played PC WF in my friends group. It was a natural upgrade for me. This is especially true as WF's players get older, as more of them will get jobs and can afford a PC.

11 hours ago, Tellakey said:

Problem is keeping a pc up-to-date is very expensive. I would love to have the money to build one though! 🙂

6 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

As I said, I don't agree with it all but not everything is a problem as you try to present it. I bought the console because I knew what I was getting into, didn't buy it blindly. A healthy competition between the companies allows the platforms to improve a lot, with hardware as much as with software and services. If it wasn't for that companies wouldn't bother to improve much on that end.

The whole PC Master Race thing isn't a meme without a reason, you are once again presenting it yourself with your narrow-minded view of things.Which is why I can hardly take you as serious

Consoles aren't only to blame for this toxic behaviour, same goes for PC with the Master Race thing as you are doing it now. It's not the platforms but rather the people who think that they have a need to insult everything else other than their own platform which goes for all. PS4, XB1 and PC. So don't blame platforms for something that you are at blame yourself.

However WF has shown to be one of the most respectful communities in this terms. People has shown to be supportive and helpful no matter of the platform.

And yeah EA can suck it.

1. Attacks me for my intelligence.

2. States that it's people who feel the need to insult others who are to blame.

3. Tu quo quay fallacy and not even. I'm not attacking anybody. In case you haven't noticed you are the only one here who's being disrespectful. Have a nice one.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Bacon1O2 said:

Problem is keeping a pc up-to-date is very expensive. I would love to have the money to build one though! 🙂

I totally feel ya. Thankfully you can get a decent PC that can run most new games on minimal setting pretty cheap. What I personally do is save up money for a five-year investment. I haven't played a non-Warframe game in a long while since my computer wasn't good enough for those games. But here I am, a few months from upgrading my computer so that I'll be good for at least the next five years.

5 hours ago, Tellakey said:

1. Attacks me for my intelligence.

2. States that it's people who feel the need to insult others who are to blame.

3. Tu quo quay fallacy and not even. I'm not attacking anybody. In case you haven't noticed you are the only one here who's being disrespectful. Have a nice one.

1.Nowhere did I attack your intelligence, just pointed out your flawed view of things, that doesn't reflect onto an individual's intelligence.

3.Your comment's have been disrespectful towards console users, if you can't see that I can't help you. Just warned you to be more mindful of things that you say.

Clearly best to leave it at that since there is no point in arguing over this. Have a nice day aswell.

Edited by (PS4)reddragonhrcro

Personally I love Sony, the exclusives rock (and let's be honest, exclusives will always be a thing); I get PSNOW for a ton of fun games, stream games from my ps4 to my VITA which has some killer hardware and the virtual headset (PSVR) works on my PC. Bloodborne alone was the tipping point in really steering me to PS4. Oh, and I have PlaystationTV hooked up to olay Vita and PS4 games on my small television in the office.

That being said, they aren't immune to criticism. The PSNOW streaming service doesn't work on VITA anymore, which from a customer's perspective is just not cool. Things can be real pricey and at times I feel like their library can be a bit small to select from on newer titles and exclusives compared to their earlier gen consoles. I would never want to see Sony go under though, lots of good memories and great video games from them in the past; although I feel this has been waning in reliability with each progressive console release and the gaming industry takes fewer and fewer risks. 

I'd never want to see Sony go under though, yeah maybe there's something shady in console gaming; but I can look at each console and what they offered and can honestly say SOMETHING has always stood out with them that would feel oddly vacant without the company within the industry. I hope they try another hand at handhelds though. The VITA is a really great device that was poorly executed. Which really sums up a lot about Sony in my book. They had so many great services offered that were advertised so poorly that many of my friends, myself, and fellow gamers knew NOTHING about at the time of their release. Which stinks, because I'm somewhat doubtful we'll ever see so many features offered to a console again.  

Edited by ikkabotz

What was said is that when it comes to switch you’ll have an opportunity to put your profile - from pc, Xbox, PS4 - on the switch for a limited time. That means you don’t have to start over you’d be able to start from wherever your at ..... but it would then be a new profile exclusive to switch. 

Im thinking of getting a switch as well for the portability of it. 

6 hours ago, (XB1)SlagInGristle said:

What was said is that when it comes to switch you’ll have an opportunity to put your profile - from pc, Xbox, PS4 - on the switch for a limited time. That means you don’t have to start over you’d be able to start from wherever your at ..... but it would then be a new profile exclusive to switch. 

Im thinking of getting a switch as well for the portability of it. 

That's incorrect, PC is the only confirmed platform to allow account transfer.

7 hours ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

That's incorrect, PC is the only confirmed platform to allow account transfer.

In the dev stream she doesn’t say just pc... she refers to your account. That would be quite a goof if she meant to say and for just pc accounts you’ll be able to move your profile over....., I’d think it would be any profile the way it was said. 

5 hours ago, (XB1)SlagInGristle said:

In the dev stream she doesn’t say just pc... she refers to your account. That would be quite a goof if she meant to say and for just pc accounts you’ll be able to move your profile over....., I’d think it would be any profile the way it was said. 

There’s no way you’ll be able to transfer your PS4 account. Sony has made a pretty clear stand against migrating to other platforms, so unless you hear Sony saying it, it’s not going to happen.