The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I didn’t think that it was fun

Warframe doesn't hand hold even for new players (they should but they dont). Sacrifice is a pretty late game event so there wont be hand holding. You are expected to know as its warframe. But i do agree focus firm is absolutely messed up but trust me its fun and useful unlike archwing

8 minutes ago, Ktro said:

Warframe doesn't hand hold even for new players (they should but they dont). Sacrifice is a pretty late game event so there wont be hand holding. You are expected to know as its warframe. But i do agree focus firm is absolutely messed up but trust me its fun and useful unlike archwing

If it was just that the quest itself didn't explain Operator upgrades, but the game as a whole did at some point, that would be fine. But the game, as far as I can tell, never does. Unless you have someone tell you what you're supposed to do, you are not going to figure it out until after it's become a frustrating, stupid mess.

EDIT:  This is a pretty frequent problem in F2P games, actually. MWO (Another game I play) is infinitely worse at explaining things than Warframe, it's only saving grace being that most people playing it have played previous Mechwarrior titles, which clue you in to whats going on.

Edited by fadingtheory

Just now, fadingtheory said:

If it was just that the quest itself didn't explain Operator upgrades, but the game as a whole did at some point, that would be fine. But the game, as far as I can tell, never does. Unless you have someone tell you what you're supposed to do, you are not going to figure it out until after it's become a frustrating, stupid mess.

U need wiki man or follow the devstreams. It truely is an online game. DE needs to fix new player tutorial first. It still hasn't been able to. So dont expect it from DE. Using wiki has become normal for me. Also a reason why the community is so helpful. Just ask in region chat and many will help you. Its because of the community and some friends i made ingame that i stuck the initial phase otherwise bye bye warframe. 2nd dream got me stuck

Just now, Ktro said:

U need wiki man or follow the devstreams. It truely is an online game. DE needs to fix new player tutorial first. It still hasn't been able to. So dont expect it from DE. Using wiki has become normal for me. Also a reason why the community is so helpful. Just ask in region chat and many will help you. Its because of the community and some friends i made ingame that i stuck the initial phase otherwise bye bye warframe. 2nd dream got me stuck

Wiki's are only useful when you know what the question is. My experience with Warframe is that frustration proceeds an understanding of what you need to ask by far too much.

41 minutes ago, Ktro said:

Sacrifice is a pretty late game event so there wont be hand holding. You are expected to know as its warframe. 

I disagree.  I was playing the Second Dream and Chains of Harrow with only Mote Amp on ~ Day 25 of logging in, after having visited Cetus a total of three times as a tourist and never doing one Bounty yet.  I played Sacrifice with a 1/1/1 Amp and very little Focus earned.  I now have a 3/3/3 Amp, lots of Madurai school learned, and many Eidloon caps.  It's NOT Operator "late game" if it unlocks so easily without requiring much Operator exposure.

To those saying "the Wiki is necessary"...if you need outside supplemental materials in order to progress and understand your main fictional content, you have failed as a content creator in the progression aspect.  If I went to a movie that required me to read three books before entering that movie in order to understand what's going on, that movie would fail at the box office for consumers.  Warframe the game doesn't even point you to the wiki.  It is at times just blank, directionless, and you have to figure it out on your own outside of the game or through peers. 

The gameplay of Warframe is so addictive, that a lot of us overlook its failings in progression after we have immersed ourselves in all the supplemental material.  Some of us outright deny there are any problems in the game's progression, almost like some sort of Stockholm Syndrome victim.  

Edited by AlMcFly
Wrote wrong quests in first sentence :O

4 minutes ago, Dr_Wonderful said:

We get a Warframe that matched the stats of the locked primed version. Founders no longer have advantageous content behind a limited time paywall.

Just because I get a free pie for doing 500 jumping jacks, doesn't mean I have no right to express my dislike of jumping jacks.  😜

Edited by AlMcFly

5 часов назад, AlMcFly сказал:

False.  There are lots of things I don't like that I am really good at.  

That's what you think.

That's not to mention you can't be "really good" at "many things" especially if we're no longer talking games because this is not how it works to begin with. Whoever claims he's good at many thing is either lying or fooling himself.

Edited by -Temp0-

3 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

That's what you think.

Lol.  It's not opinion.  When you can empirically measure how good you are at a given venture, there is no relativity in the assessment.  I can run a competitive half-marathon, but I hate running.  I only do it to counteract the diabetes scare I had a few years ago.  I can run a 400m dash under 56 seconds at age 35, but it's grueling and not enjoyable.  I am extremely good at balancing crap on my head.  It doesn't mean I enjoy doing it.  I can hula-hoop for like an hour straight (proven through a bet), but it's not enjoyable to me.  It's just sh*t I can do.  

P.S. To answer your edit, I've always been naturally good at many different videogames, even ones that I didn't find enjoyable.  To say you can't ever be good at something unless you enjoy the activity?  It's not a very smart thing to say.  Some people are just naturally good at certain things, even when they aren't interested in them.  

Edited by AlMcFly

18 hours ago, (PS4)SlyFox5679 said:

I honestly expected to fight ballas since you had to do the quest to get excal umbra and not use it in a boss fight with ballas and then lotus shows up i wanted to fight her next.

so i was a little disappointed that i just didn't get to kick ballas' ass lol

I also agree... Needed some sort of ballas fight, not a 2 min kill 5 mimics boss battle. I think because of time crunch (and also making a custom boss for a single quest which most people wont repeat). Its not efficient for DE but i would surely loved it... Kicking ballas's ass and then finally stab him... We just stabbed him in a cutscene

15 hours ago, Ktro said:

I also agree... Needed some sort of ballas fight, not a 2 min kill 5 mimics boss battle. I think because of time crunch (and also making a custom boss for a single quest which most people wont repeat). Its not efficient for DE but i would surely loved it... Kicking ballas's ass and then finally stab him... We just stabbed him in a cutscene

maybe a some point we get to kill ballas down the line, considering what he did to umbra and all.