Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what Sanctuary/Elite Onslaught did wrong

alepap1995

Sanctuary Onslaught has done one thing right: it is the righteous successor to Draco, especially it's Elite counterpart; you can max anything in 8 Zones.

To that end, it serves as a decent Focus farm if you have a full set of the same Focus lens on decent equipment.

Would you mind explaining rather than relying on footage from an unrelated title that has premium prices on it in addition to DLCs/expansions that aren't free?

7 minutes ago, alepap1995 said:

spoiler to save space:

Spoiler

Instead of this:

We get this:

spot the difference.

or you can just say it directly without having people watch game footage from a completely different game.

What i mean is, instead of random zones and random enemies, progressing through them like Diablo 3 Rifts(which a lot of people compare onslaught to), we get a small map with enemies constantly spawning around you and you aoe till time's up and you get to the next zone. It doesn't feel like you're progressing through a level, it just feels like spawn camping.

hace 13 minutos, Koldraxon-732 dijo:

Sanctuary Onslaught has done one thing right: it is the righteous successor to Draco, especially it's Elite counterpart; you can max anything in 8 Zones.

To that end, it serves as a decent Focus farm if you have a full set of the same Focus lens on decent equipment.

Would you mind explaining rather than relying on footage from an unrelated title that has premium prices on it in addition to DLCs/expansions that aren't free?

Do you have exp booster ? because I rarely max 1 weapon (bringing 1 maxed and 1 rank 0) at zone 8 (ESO)

@alepap1995, I think what you're suggesting can be incorporated by having the Onslaught portals be turned into a tile that bridges the separate tiles together. Sure, it won't change much, but it removes the issue of losing all your energy and resetting your powers every Conduit jump. Could be an Onslaught variation; a visual mockup of this should be devised to better present this to DE.

@(PS4)gta4biosmka, do you run in a full squad and use that unranked weapon for the majority of the mission?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)gta4biosmka said:

Yeah, I tried to max a rank 0 Atomos (3 formas already, able to kill) with a squad and at zone 8 it was rank 25.

That's why I always go to Hydron, maxing in 2 runs (until wave 10)

Maybe the squad wasn't sticking together or was killing faster/more than you? 

Regardless, it's a viable way to level something. Maybe sticking around another Zone and trying to kill everything in a 'last stand' vibe might get the last bits of XP needed?

28 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

way more than just decent - it's just as fast if not faster than Stealth Kills for Focus.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)gta4biosmka said:

Do you have exp booster ? because I rarely max 1 weapon (bringing 1 maxed and 1 rank 0) at zone 8 (ESO)

to get outstanding XP out of Onslaught you want to have another Player(s) be a designated Killer that will do all or almost all of the Killing throughout the Waves, and you soak the bonkers way that Shared XP works in this game.
just like you would anywhere else.

in Onslaught since the number of Enemies isn't fixed, being efficient at Killing them is imperative. so the Player(s) doing the Killing will need to actually know what they're doing. and overall performance will be 'eh' without an Equinox.
tl;dr Onslaught is nutto XP/Focus for your time in an organized Squad. beating everything but sharing Stealth Kills in XP/time.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)gta4biosmka said:

Yeah, I tried to max a rank 0 Atomos (3 formas already, able to kill) with a squad and at zone 8 it was rank 25.

That's why I always go to Hydron, maxing in 2 runs (until wave 10)

Get an affinity booster, get Ivara, max any weapon in about 5 minutes solo on friggin Saturn (two weapons if you're efficient, lucky, and use Sedna instead). You're welcome.