Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The long road before Fortuna.

Firetempest

So Tennocon was a explosion of information all over the place with more details still trickling in on twitter, youtube, reddit etc. I don't think any of the individual panels have been released yet.

So what exactly is on the board for WF for the next ~4 months before Venus? Because thats a long stretch of time.

Melee update- Balance tweaks, combo/channel/blocking changes. Scythe changes. And 3 new melee weapons. (dev stream 112. Grineer axe like blade. Tenno dual blade. Infested big blade) 

Pets 2.0- Attempting equal viability between companions and sentinels.

"Vlad" frame. Pretty sure not quest associated.

Expanding on new UI windows.

A lot of Deluxe Skins. I think the closest to done is Vauban, Nidus and nezha.

That's two big updates at least, and the deluxe are nice and all but not ground breaking. What other system updates are possibly coming? Was there a panel that had Kingpin info?

Edited by Firetempest
expanding info

25 minutes ago, Mintaro said:

I recall on one of the devstreams showing some in game model of weapons so they could be fun to use maybe.

That would likely be the weapons I mentioned for the melee update. dev stream 112. Grineer axe like blade. Tenno dual blade. Infested big blade.

I don't think it'd be ~4 months, I honestly think they're pushing forward with Fortuna at a somewhat brisker pace than Plains of Eidolon because, well, this isn't Plains of Eidolon. I'd like to believe they've learned something since then, and the "new" part of this experience is the theme and environment rather than the task of developing and optimizing such a massive zone. So if it's more like 2 months then I think it'd be more than enough for us to look forward to some bugfixes and warframes.

But if it is longer than that then maybe they'll surprise us with another warframe quest. They could easily pull another Harrow on us if they wanted, I doubt the thematic "idea" of a frame affects its viability for a good quest. I thought the Nidus quest would be the one to reveal the true nature of Warframes and guess what: it didn't. Yeah we got Helminth but it was mostly about Nef Anyo and how we can't actually kill him yet.

57 minutes ago, Beartornado said:

I don't think it'd be ~4 months, I honestly think they're pushing forward with Fortuna at a somewhat brisker pace than Plains of Eidolon because, well, this isn't Plains of Eidolon. I'd like to believe they've learned something since then, and the "new" part of this experience is the theme and environment rather than the task of developing and optimizing such a massive zone. So if it's more like 2 months then I think it'd be more than enough for us to look forward to some bugfixes and warframes.

Steve said Fall. And that was tentative. There is more than theme and environment. New underlying mechanics of more bounty npcs in outposts so you dont have to go to town proper. The spider bosses they are trying to make as engaging as possible. Openings for future underlying tie-in mechanics to railjack. The animal capture system, K-drive mechanics that tie into combat. The flying elidon they didnt showcase but has been in development. The weather change to replace night and day mechanics that they didn't showcase. There are still supposed to be corpus vehicles traveling on the roads. Its building on the PoE original development by a lot.

I honestly don't think we'll be waiting long for Fortuna. DE is on record saying they wanted Venus out after Tennocon and the Sacrifice before Tennocon.

Mining/bounties have been tested with PoE. So that shouldn't require too much testing.

I'm betting we'll be getting it within 1-3 months.

Edited by LupisV0lk

5 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Was there a panel that had Kingpin info?

I wish to know more about this, hope the idea didn't get scrapped. We REALLY need clan activities since Raids got scrapped.

[ Sorties are not my definition of a fun clan activity and there is hardly anything left to do but to farm Kuva for the broken riven roll system. ]

When I heard about the kingpin system first announcement on a devstream, I was seriously interested to know more about it, to the point I left my old clan for a more active clan.

I am still waiting for it...

Propably nothing, considering how many months they left us with content drought. Maybe a frame or a weapon, but that wont keep me busy for 4 months. In some stream they literally said that we should go play another game. And Fortuna is definitely coming in fall, not in 1-2 months.

Personaly I would be happy as long as they released some minor things through out the next few months, like melee 3.0, komi as a game to play against ordis in the liset, prime unvaulting, another round of tenno gen and a few weapons