The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I invest in Chroma?

(PSN)OriginalEquinox

Question

I just got the dragon boi out of the foundry and haven't had the time to use him yet because I'm leveling a couple other frames but I checked YouTube and apparently he's a monster in Eidolon hunts, but pretty much every build I see for him requires about 6 forma, so I'm hesitant on whether to build him or use him as xp fodder and wait for Chroma prime to release in 3 months, any advice?

10 answers to this question

Short answer- no.

Long answer with reasoning:

Chroma Prime is coming out in 2-3 months; you will have to tediously reforma a Warframe again if you want to use the objectively "best" version of something that, if that doesn't apply to you and you don't care about it; forma away.

The second reason which is much more compelling however, is because his abilities are going to be reworked during the time leading up to his Priming (notice Mirage, Zephyr, Limbo, Hydroid, Oberon)- as of now, the community perception towards Chroma's "tankiness" and "damageworthiness" is rather negative given all his reworks during the Eidolons release; Digital Extremes will rework his abilities, or even change them altogether to change that perception which may change the meta entirely on how to build him. To not have to repolarize a slot and better yet- have pre-polarized slots from the get-go; I'd suggest waiting for his primed release to see how his abilities shape up.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

I do but I need mastery fodder and the only place with new weapons to build is the dojo....

I'd say take your time with your dojo. I understand you'd definitely don't be left out from a lot of content that is at higher Mastery Rank and hence getting all those blueprints. I had the same mindset but the more I played Warframe, the more I realized you sometimes need to pace yourself. So with that being said....

Just like all the other fellow Tenno noted above me, I'd suggest waiting and saving up your Forma, Nitain Extract, Orokin Cells and other somewhat uncommon resources for when Chroma Prime comes out.