Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Build for Warframe

(XBOX)Red X278

Question

Hello, I've been wanting to play warframe on the pc for awhile now. My only problem is the pc's I have are out dated. I was thinking of buying parts off amazon tomorrow since they will be having sales on almost everything.

What would you all say are good parts to get? I don't want the top top tier parts just parts to play warframe and have it look good and run without any major problems.

9 answers to this question

I can't really make specific recommendations, but I can tell you what I have that lets me run everything maxed, ranging from 60-200 fps:

• i7-6700K 4.0 GHz processor
  • 16GB RAM
  • Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB 
  • Logitech G602 mouse
  • Logitech G13 keypad

Obviously there are other parts involved (MB, PSU, case) but those are the key bits for playing, IMO. Hope this helps.

Literally any stock PC you pick up and add a video card to will beat the minimum toaster requirements for this game by a factor of 3 or 4.

Upgrades to your PC beyond that are going to purely be for other games that are less optimized with their memory and process intensive rendering 'techniques.'

Like Hooper said, what is your budget?

If your comfortable building a PC then any PC off the shelf is a waste of money.

I have two lads running WF on cast off PC's, one with a Q9550 quad core and an old Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB Toxic graphics card from 2009, another with a Pentiun G3258 dual core and a MSI Twin Frozr 7950.

Pretty sure a 1050/1060 gpu with the latest i3 or latest AMD Quad would be more than enough.

The path of least resistance would be to find a pre built computer with a Radeon 480 or nvidia 1060. I have seen them at bug box stores like Costco or from the Dell website for 700-900 dollars. If you buy something and then add a GPU a Dell 8700 or 8900 would be an idea as they have 460w power supplies which can accommodate a 1060 or perhaps 1070 even.

I personally would build my own but components are expensive atm so might be tough to find a fair priced GPU etc

Edited by hooperinius