Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

using archwing weapons in non archwing missions

(PSN)alvian00

so would it be possible to use archwing weapons in ground combat? i always wanted to equip those big archwing guns like a minigun like that one scene in terminator 2 or use them as a really big melee weapon like in monster hunter world. but they would lower speed due to them never been design for use outside of space. gamplay wise would they be cumbersome to use and in tight spaces like in ships would be useless what about open world and eidolon hunting would they be piratical? what you think about?

That has already been explained, those weapons are too big and too heavy to be used in-gravity combact, we are space ninjas, our advantage against enemies relies on mobility, leave that, and we'll die like ants (and believe me, at high levels there is no defense that stands, avoid damage or kill them before they see you), thus making archguns impossible to use in normal maps.

9 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

The Tusk Heavy would like to have a word with you

200?cb=20171016171607

" The Tusk Grattler is a man-portable version of the Grattler, scaled down to rifle-caliber size instead of the auto-cannon original. "

Yes I'd love a minigun (something better than Supra Vandal, Gorgon and Grakata) too.

I once had a bug on Ophelia when a host migration happened while I was under water. As the migration was done I was able (forced) to use my Fluctus over ground. From my own experience I can tell you they need to heavily rebalance atleast this weapon, if they'll realize something like you suggested. :wink:

On 2018-07-17 at 3:12 AM, den2k said:

From what I understood they are literally too heavy, in the order of tons, so suitable as portable weapons only at zero-g.

Yes I would break out my Grattler or my Fluctus on the Plains.

On 2018-07-17 at 3:13 AM, Kyryo said:

That has already been explained, those weapons are too big and too heavy to be used in-gravity combact, we are space ninjas, our advantage against enemies relies on mobility, leave that, and we'll die like ants (and believe me, at high levels there is no defense that stands, avoid damage or kill them before they see you), thus making archguns impossible to use in normal maps.

That's not how physics works. The weapons still have mass in space, meaning moving and aiming them and managing their recoil would still be impossible if the warframes weren't strong enough to carry them in the first place.

And as demonstrated, mini-grattlers can be used on the ground with no loss to mobility, so at the very least I'd want one of these.

19 hours ago, (PS4)alvian00 said:

if it was implemented would we be able to do something like these two?

Seras Victoria

or like black rock shooter

Oooh Black Rock Shooter, nice.

Edited by Snowbluff

9 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

How about as a form of "Air support"? Your chosen Archwing unfolds for X seconds of support into something like this:

archwing-emplacement.png?raw=1

Archwing should just have a proper Mecha mode, never enough mechas!!!