Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

T3 Heavy Gunner Spawn Rate Is Insane

Meatuchu

I'm aware that T3 is supposed to be difficult but... is this the way to do it?

jsD7EoA.jpg

EDIT: This MIGHT be T2, this is like a week or so ago, noticed at the top the level says 50 on the one... My bad if so, but the point still stands.

EDIT2: Nevermind, I'm 100% sure that this is T3 now.

Edited by Meatuchu

@3XT3RM1NATUS

To be fair it doesnt spawn huge groups like that all the time.

Plus there is an easy way to stop them: use a shotgun. Reason? Every time you hit them it interrupts their firing so you can actually prevent them from firing a single bullet if you can reliably hit them.

Plus its groups like that that you save your energy for so that you can use an ability to take them down.

And I am fine with them spawning that many. Its supposed to be hard and challenging to get through a T3. And honestly 6-7 heavy gunners isn't that bad until they get 2 or 3 corrupted healers to back them up.

Just as I expected - moronic advices on how to deal with Gunners already.

You ever tried using MC on gunners in T3? MC makes life easier, you get free teammate, and also one with cc knockdown.

Please share your advice how to deal with them.

I realize this may not be seen as constructive advice, but the issue that players seem to face in the Orokin Tower Defense missions is only present because players usually tend to ignore proper strategy and their own abilities. Handling situations like the one above is not about shooting things in the face until they die.

Each frame is given 4 skills. Every frame has at least one utility skill. Most frames have some form of crowd control. Some frames have multiple forms of crowd control. Many skills can be used on conjunction for incredible effect. If you find yourself getting overwhelmed, the solution is to make use of the abilities you have. If you feel you're already doing this, then the chances are that you are very poor at timing their use for maximum effectiveness. If there is one thing that is incredibly plentiful in tower defense missions, it is energy dropped by defeated enemies. Outside the very first wave, there is almost no reason to not get the majority (if not all) of your energy back between waves.

When you use your abilities to your advantage, the tower defense missions, no matter what comes your way, are easily overcome.

PS: I say this as a person who has down T3 Defense as a Frost, Nyx, and Nova. There is a right time to do stuff and there is a wrong time.

This could be a bug I have had it happen to me often, but I also run T2-T3 with maxed out weapon so I can speed clear it. I think the game is just dumping all NPC in a single room instead of spacing them out over a couple rooms or a larger area.

Edited by LazyKnight

@LazyKnight

The spawns do occasionally 'clump' like that from time to time I've noticed. Even in lower level missions (especially infested) you can go through an exterminate and not encounter a single enemy for the first 4 rooms, you get to the 5th and suddenly you see 80% of the mobs needed to complete the exterminate event all right there in that next room.

Usually there is only one room like that, rarely two, but generally after you get past that room the rest of the level spawns mostly normally as you would expect it.

I assume you're doing exterminate, that's what you get for rushing.

Enemies you leave behind spawn ahead of you and you'll get these dumps of heavies.

Personally I have no problems with many heavies, you got your skills and probably your best weapons if you go to T3, use them well.

I assume you're doing exterminate, that's what you get for rushing.

Enemies you leave behind spawn ahead of you and you'll get these dumps of heavies.

Personally I have no problems with many heavies, you got your skills and probably your best weapons if you go to T3, use them well.

This was Mobile Defense.

It would actual be fun if there maps that only have heavy units and I wouldn't mind mission like that if I knew that it was working as intended.

This was Mobile Defense.

I have seen all voids maps clump crazy number of NPC in a group other than the T3 Defense. I think it is a bug in how the game handles spawning in void because the maps are too large.

I was playing T1 Exterminate yesterday and I noticed in almost every room there were 2-3 heavies, with those shield enhancers and . or birds, mobs of Corprus, and Fusion MOAs. Not a problem for me as I have decent weapons (I was upgrading a new Mag) - but I wonder how a newer player would get through something like that.

So the fact that HGs spawn as 6-7 groups at once is completely okay for you?

I'm fine with that, and they were only lvl 50, they wouldn't last that long :)

Spawning can go wonky sometimes, had a few occasions whe you didn't see an enemy for a while then run into a run with 50-60+ of the buggers. A funny surprise to say the least, but the carnage was fun.

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler