Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival missions need significantly more enemies spawning

Jax_Cavalera

On 2018-07-26 at 5:32 AM, Jax_Cavalera said:

Running survival missions over the last few months, I've noticed a consistent pattern.. the gamemode should be called suffocation.. seriously! You kill everything in sight, raid every single breakable, crack open all life supports and by 16mins in (especially noticable solo on lower level missions such as Elara) you can run through 2+ rooms before finding a single enemy to kill and when you kill it.. it rarely drops life support so you wanna hope you're running as nekros or some other multi-drop rolling frame (hydroid, ivara, etc.)

Can we please get some serious levels of enemies spawning in so it feels like we're trying to survive from the onslaught of mobs defending their territory. I don't want to feel like my best weapons would be breathing apparatus when I'm this all powerful warframe armed to the teeth and ready to deal that damage. The oxygen should be there as a means to get out when you realise the mobs are too strong to kill fast enough to extract life support directly from them.. not there as the only real way to try last at all.

This isn't just something that happens running solo, it's happened in 2squads and even a 3squad.. it's more rare in a 4 squad though.

Survival isn't the only place either.. i've had to abort several exterminate, capture, spy etc missions because the enemies stop spawning in after the objective is complete and a few mins go by.. leaving a full team of 8 reactant loaded relics a few short of being cracked open, a real time waster.

In general more enemies.. specifically.. more enemies in survival... well I think i'm just repeating myself at this point so i'll leave it there.. +1 if you share this sentiment, share your painful experiences playing suffocation ... i mean survival below ^ ^

I hope they increase the Spawn. What i did noticed in my 1 hour+ runs is the Rooms can change how the enemies are spawning. There's rooms i go to Solo when i want to have a Consistent enemy spawn. There's moments where i would be killing no problem and i would still be low on Life support. I would love to see that issue fixed. Selkie, Ophelia, and tycho can have Spawn issues when i want to reach high levels in those Missions. It's like if those missions Spawn rate relies on Luck if you don't use Vigilante Offense, Enemy Sense, and Enemy radar with Animal Instinct (I only use Animal Instinct.) There's a run where i didn't use those:

Without Radar mods, the enemies walk towards you until they see you which can hurt Solo Survival runs. If the enemies was fully alerted right at the start, then Survivals wouldn't have a issue it got now.

Failed again life support was at 80~90% till 15min mark then it just dropped off to zilch within the timespan of 1 or 2 mins. I'm pretty shocked to learn that they aren't even alerted .. you know when you alert them by triggering the alarms and them cutting off life support...

[Edit] 

Got tired of failing using anything bar nekros .. ran nekros finished with 60% life support.

Edited by Jax_Cavalera

Survival = Nekros. Never had problems with him. And that's the issue: either you run nekros or pray to someone in the matchmaking has one, or else leave in 5min because you won't be able to stay for long runs.

The biggest problem is that your Survival experience will vary WILDLY based on number of players combined with whether the players you do have stay near each other.

Single player?  Good luck reaching 20:00.

4 player team camping a large room?  40 minutes no sweat.

4 player team WITH a Nekros?  You can go forever (until you can't kill fast enough).

4 player team that doesn't camp a large room?  20-30 minutes before it starts to fall apart FAST.

And then that all changes up if you're doing a fissure.  Where the survival aspect can get easier, but picking up the reactants can be a real pain because the stages are BIG.  I've had some survivals (as well as excavations) with over 1200m end-to-end.  At least Excavations actually push players to group up at 1-2 locations.

I'm here cause of the new event. It's impossible to do solo unless you have nekros. Which is dumb. If they're not going to give you sufficient mobs to farm life support from they need to spawn towers as often as it goes away. I literally only had 5-10 seconds left to go and I ran out. It even felt like I had to wait longer for the last tower to spawn

Interestingly enough, when you have a topic like this the feedback can be a little hard to read a consensus from. In this case it seems pretty clear across the board of console and pc that there is a common problem with this gamemode. There are even a lot of good solutions that could serve the devs as a source of inspiration.

The question is, do you think it is enough to get DE's attention?

1 hour ago, Jax_Cavalera said:

Interestingly enough, when you have a topic like this the feedback can be a little hard to read a consensus from. In this case it seems pretty clear across the board of console and pc that there is a common problem with this gamemode. There are even a lot of good solutions that could serve the devs as a source of inspiration.

If it keeps getting bumped, it improves the odds.

Definitely not the only thing that could use some TLC though.

3 hours ago, Jax_Cavalera said:

Probably not but this Problem definitely need to be fixed soon. I shouldn't have to use Nekros, Use every Radar mods, or do a Fissure with Animal Instinct to have a good time in Survivals. This is how bad the Spawn rate and Life Support balance can be:

Compare to Fissures in other Tilesets, this is what DE needs to look at so Solo Survivals becomes Manageable without being forced to use the Meta to have a Efficient run everytime.

I was doing a run on Palus not long after seeing the video and found myself walking between 2 empty rooms to find the next enemy while solo. This was only 2 minutes into the run and it had already started the suffocation process dropping LS from 90% to 50%

For me, I notice a different problem: The Lotus. She completely blocks the timer on the screen constantly. I absolutely despise her existence because of this one issue.

In survival, you'll almost always be forced to use the life support towers when you solo because the enemies don't spawn fast enough or they stay in their spawn closets and remain there until you approach them, which defeats the purpose entirely.

Interestingly enough, I haven't had this issue with two factions: The Kuva Survival (Kuva Grineer) and the Infested. I've been able to stay over an hour solo in Kuva Survival (using the towers for Kuva) without issue. I don't know why exactly this is but if I had to guess I would attribute it to the addition of Kuva Guardians and Jesters.

I would like the option to remove the Lotus' transmission window or move it to a non-critical portion of the screen. I would appreciate an in-depth look at what's causing enemies to remain in their spawning closets. I would also like the ability to increase the enemy spawn rate, perhaps increasing it by 5% (for example) every five (5) minutes and 10% every cycle (AABC) so it would be 25% total every cycle. I believe that may resolve the spawn issue, but not the broken pathfinding some enemies have.

Lastly, the enemy (Corpus and Grineer) run away when they're right in front of you often enough to note it. They might be running for cover, but there needs to be a minimum  engagement distance where they don't turn their backs to you (5M for example). This annoys me. Can anyone else attest to this issue of enemies running away in survival game modes?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Multi-Melta said:

Lastly, the enemy (Corpus and Grineer) run away when they're right in front of you often enough to note it. They might be running for cover, but there needs to be a minimum  engagement distance where they don't turn their backs to you (5M for example). This annoys me. Can anyone else attest to this issue of enemies running away in survival game modes?

This is why i love playing against Infested because they try run up to you and Melee you while you are Meleeing them back. Grineer and Corpus can do the same but like you said, they go for Cover which is annoying if you try to Melee for over a hour straight and you can’t find that many enemies to kill. When i play Kuva Survival, a crowd of enemies come towards you where ever you go. That type of alertness is what we need in Solo Survivals. In Solo Survivals, the enemies tend to not come for you but it sometimes happens.

7 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

This is why i love playing against Infested because they try run up to you and Melee you while you are Meleeing them back. Grineer and Corpus can do the same but like you said, they go for Cover which is annoying if you try to Melee for over a hour straight and you can’t find that many enemies to kill. When i play Kuva Survival, a crowd of enemies come towards you where ever you go. That type of alertness is what we need in Solo Survivals. In Solo Survivals, the enemies tend to not come for you but it sometimes happens.

I mean we put the ship on high alert or whatever.. and yet i catch mobs casually strolling on patrol still in walk mode... like.. bro do you not hear the screams of your fellow soldiers or those alarms blasting at top volume in your earpiece??  They probably do and are like.. hmm Tenno nah I'm having "technical" difficulties today didn't get that memo.   But even so.. the enemies should eat some concrete and harden up for the fight!! it's WARframe not SNOREframe.

Edited by Jax_Cavalera

Wanted to update this with my experience running kuva survival back to back all day.

In total I completed roughly 35 runs using a cat pet with charm installed to collect 105k kuva with most mission times suffocating me out at the 15min mark like clockwork.

All runs were solo using a variety of frames and builds. The exception was Saryn and Nekros who could keep going with Saryn suffocating out at 20mins roughly and Nekros being fine but less efficient on kuva (one Support at a time).

Often I would find myself running between 2+empty rooms, mobs rarely dropping support or the kuva catalyst thing spawning ages away from the life support it was meant for, which contributed to the consistent conspiracy theory inducing 15min mark suffocation.

11 hours ago, Jax_Cavalera said:

Wanted to update this with my experience running kuva survival back to back all day.

In total I completed roughly 35 runs using a cat pet with charm installed to collect 105k kuva with most mission times suffocating me out at the 15min mark like clockwork.

All runs were solo using a variety of frames and builds. The exception was Saryn and Nekros who could keep going with Saryn suffocating out at 20mins roughly and Nekros being fine but less efficient on kuva (one Support at a time).

Often I would find myself running between 2+empty rooms, mobs rarely dropping support or the kuva catalyst thing spawning ages away from the life support it was meant for, which contributed to the consistent conspiracy theory inducing 15min mark suffocation.

Similar to the Situation i had in one of my Videos. I've done a Sortie 3 Survival today and the problem i had was of Course, Life Support. The mission was turning into a Ghost town before 5 mins but after 5 mins and entering a bigger room, I was getting more enemies which let me build up just enough Life Support. Surviving wasn't a issue because i didn't die once (It was a Solo run). But it's amazing how the spawns can be compare to Solo and in a team.