Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Selecting different audio devices within Warframe is underrated

CorerMaximus

For context, I own a/n:

• Oculus Rift
  • Bose Companion 2 Speakers
  • Monitor with Speakers
  • Bose QC35

I actively use the 4 of them on a daily basis, and frequently switch between them. That said, I sometimes forget to do so from within Windows and before launching an app; say I'm done with a VR session, I forgot to turn the audio device from my Rift to my speakers when launching a game for instance. In almost every game, that means I have to quit the game, switch my audio device, and load the game back up- with Warframe though- I can select my damn audio device from within the game itself; saving me a few minutes.

This post doesn't really have a point aside from just showing my appreciation for having this feature within the game- its a huge QoL improvement that is really underrated; I just wanted to say I love it and wish more games had that within their options.

27 minutes ago, taiiat said:

it's nice, certainly.
mind you, Warframe wasn't always that smart. it used to be dumb like most other games.

like those time i removed my earphones while playing and i had to go to the options to switch device because otherwise i was playing without sounds
i have to check if it's still like this because it's a while that i don't play with earphones

12 hours ago, CeePee said:

Next thing we need is an option to lock mouse cursor inside the game window

What do you mean?  In borderless the mouse cursor is locked inside the game window unless you have a in game cursor IE: "ESC" menu, selecting a warframe/weapon/pet from their menu, crafting and a few other situations but it's always locked while running and gunning(standard game play).

Doesn't the Rift auto switch back and forth audio setting like the Vive?

You can lessen this problem by unplugging your Monitor Speakers and just sticking with your Bose, remove the device properties too so you only have 3 devices showing instead of 4.