The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's The Best Melee Weapon

Mostas

Question

Everyone forgets about the Gram. Gram is the best charge attack weapon, no matter what everyone says. It has a sheitload of armor ignoring damage, and if modded well it can instantly slice through lvl 40-50 enemies.

So can every single other melee weapon.

A lot of people seem to like the Orthos (Prime) though I myself am perfectly content with the Amphis, when upgraded right it works wonders on any faction.

Still, it's a matter of preference, it can be kind of hard to find the right weapon since a lot of them have features that aren't obvious from the ingame stats, but experimenting with new weapons is the point of the game anyway, so go crazy and hold on to what you like.

A lot of people seem to like the Orthos (Prime) though I myself am perfectly content with the Amphis, when upgraded right it works wonders on any faction.

Still, it's a matter of preference, it can be kind of hard to find the right weapon since a lot of them have features that aren't obvious from the ingame stats, but experimenting with new weapons is the point of the game anyway, so go crazy and hold on to what you like.

Damn right

Everyone forgets about the Gram. Gram is the best charge attack weapon, no matter what everyone says. It has a sheitload of armor ignoring damage, and if modded well it can instantly slice through lvl 40-50 enemies.

The Gram's charge damage is the same as the Scindo and Fraggor and the Orthos has almost the same reach but higher DPS.

Dual Ethers for ignore armor and using regular swings in end game, not just hold and charge.

Orthos Prime for a combo build, lots of swing speed to take out rooms with regular swing and both of the new dual-stat mods for taking out heavy enemies with charge.

Dual Zoren if you want to exploit moving fast with attack speed mods.

With the exceptions of Kogake and Kestrel, every melee weapon ignores armor on charge attacks. Scindo, Fragor, Orthos, Orthos Prime, Hate and Gram all deal the same charge damage, albeit not the same type in Fragor's case. No one's forgetting Gram, you're just forgetting every other weapon. 

Dual Zoren gets my vote for best melee, just for enabling flight.

Edited by Karma_Ghost

"Best"?

Damage output, Orthos Prime. Fast charge speed, fast swing speed, tied for first for charge damage, highest normals damage (what elemental mods scale to), longest reach (makes meleeing toxics easiest), the highest cleave count (5)...

Mobility, Dual Zorens. Nothing is even close to being on-par with them for terms of launch distance.

CC, it's a mix between the Gram, Kestrel, and Kogake. Gram's got the best aoe cold effect bursts (while OP has better reach, it doesn't have a 360* aoe burst on its normals) and also has the "standard" 6m knockdown radius on jump attacks. Kestrel and Kogake can ragdoll.

None, melee sucks at the current state of the game. Take Dual Zorens for mobility, Kestrel/Kogake to save your &#! when things get hairy close quarters or whatever weapon which has a good  Knockdown area. Orthos good for damage playing in levels  below 50, any level above it sucks hard.

That's why you regularly see people go up to *wave* 50 using primarily melee on Xini :/

Edited by TheBlueJelly

I think the Orthos Prime is the best melee weapon currently, the normal attacks can easily clear out a room of light enemies with some speed and AP mods and the charge attack can take out the big ones (with reach you don't even have to get close to the toxic ancients and still hit them), can hit 5 enemies at a time.

So, being a F2P and limited slots, would people rate melee for different frames differently?  I recently got a Hate drop and not sure I really like it for how I normally play on Excal.  My Banshee is really low level still so not sure a style of melee I like, but right now i'm thinking for Excal I should have built Dual Zoran instead of hate.  Of once you have whatever frame to 30 and potato'd there isn't much difference in melee style only personal preference?

I dont see the Fragor mentioned in this list.

Armor ignoring damage and CC - nothing else comes close as a mix of dps and utility.

Armour Ignore isn't as big a deal on melee as it is otherwise; all melee weapons gets it on their Charge attack.

Orthos Prime with a Reach mod is ridiculous and you wonder how you ever lived without that kind of range/AoE power prior to it.

Like, you can hit stuff through boxes/walls with it. I tripled the speed at which I kill the Sedna boss with it by simply hitting her behind a box to block her knockback blasts.

Edited by konfetarius