Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Worth To Potato / Forma With "armor 2.0" ?

Chaosdreamer

I dont really see why you wouldnt want to potato and/or forma a your weapon(s).

More weapon power = win in my book.

There will always get more weapons into the game, so of course at some point your weapon(s) can get outmatched by another.

I cant see what the new Armor system can do in a negative way.

And again I cant see why the reviewed damage system can course negative effects to your weapon(s).

There will always get more weapons into the game, so of course at some point your weapon(s) can get outmatched by another.

And again I cant see why the reviewed damage system can course negative effects to your weapon(s).

Because many weapons are only good because of the shoddy armor system at high level.

Because you simple dont know what the end result , and the change made by DE ,maybe the weapon you like soon will no more deal enought damage? (and U10 is coming in few week...)

(Side note : I'm using Flux rifle , latron prime is not good)

Edited by Chaosdreamer

I was wondering if it really worth right now to Potato/Forma any weapon since :

-News weapons coming out soon

-Armor 2.0

-Damage system reviewed?

Any idea?

If you like your weapon and you need critical polarity slots like V for dmg mod/multishot, go for it. In other case, wait for U10.

In my experience if DE says that it will be fixed, you can trust them.

I think it would be safe to potato/forma dojo weapons considering their cost and the upcoming weapon tier system.   It's probably safe to potatoe/forma the top 5 or so weapons because if they are going to even out the DPS among the weapons then the higher DPS weapons will be brought closer to the average, probably still remaining at the top.  The lower DPS weapon will probably be brought closer to average, probably still remaining at the bottom.

I see no indication that DE will make all weapons DPS conform to a small differance from average.  If they did then it wouldn't matter which weapon you potato/forma from a DPS perspective.  Only sound, recoil, reload speed, and other characteristics would matter.  Only your comfort level with the weapon would matter.

Edited by ThePresident777

I call it as I see it, there is potential but DE needs to shape up.

I may have lowered my standards by enduring what PGI has been doing to MWO, but DE is actually doing a pretty good job considering other beta state titles.

At least they ain't promising mountains and then not even delivering dirt mounds.

Because many weapons are only good because of the shoddy armor system at high level.

However they change it armour ignore weapons are still going to be pretty much just as effective with the new armour system as they are now. What will happen is that other weapons that are currently bad at high levels should become more effective. Armour is not being removed it looks like the system is being changed so that elemental damage is going to be calculated using its own set of resistances.

So weapons that are affected by armour should do more damage vs high level mobs from their elemental mods than we see currently.

Edited by Silvershadow66

However they change it armour ignore weapons are still going to be pretty much just as effective with the new armour system as they are now. What will happen is that other weapons that are currently bad at high levels should become more effective. Armour is not being removed it looks like the system is being changed so that elemental damage is going to be calculated using its own set of resistances.

So weapons that are affected by armour should do more damage vs high level mobs from their elemental mods than we see currently.

This would be true for like the acrid or a late game weapon which already deals massive damage. Armor ignore was a great bonus

The Boltor however has very low base stats, compared with any primary gun. It was only viable because of its armor ignore. If armor ignore is gone/changed, the boltor may need a buff to its stats