Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't allow people who leave onslaught after round 1 to be the host ever again

Hokibukisa

5 minutes ago, Hokibukisa said:

If someone leaves after round one it should disqualify them from being the host ever again.

This game needs to stop wasting our time with the useless players

Or fix host migrations so no one cares?

Seriously, I'll leave whenever I choose. I've never left that early but if life's a callin I'll up and leave just like that. On a side note, I'd rather have the option to just not even be a host, ever. Cause I should not host with my horrible interwebz.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hokibukisa said:

If someone leaves after round one it should disqualify them from being the host ever again.

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine....

I get that situations like that are annoying, but they are going to happen regardless, for a multitude of reasons. Hard punishing them by doing something like that is a terrible idea.

That's not the game's fault. It happens to be an individual preference. To avoid it, consider recruiting. If you don't feel like it, then it's simply the consequence of running public squads, where I personally think it's a good idea for players to be able to leave of their own accord. Is it convenient? Not necessarily for you, but it is for them, and they may not always consider your plans, just like you clearly are not considering theirs at the moment, as it would seem.

If you're running something long term, plan it. Don't blame random players that might not have any idea, and may be left to assume otherwise.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Or fix host migrations so no one cares?

Seriously, I'll leave whenever I choose. I've never left that early but if life's a callin I'll up and leave just like that. On a side note, I'd rather have the option to just not even be a host, ever. Cause I should not host with my horrible interwebz.

IIRC, Computer type -> Laptop makes you not host as much. 

1 minute ago, Hokibukisa said:

How is that a punishment? The punishment is getting host migrated from people who should have never been hosting in the first place

Which is 

A: not their fault

B: An issue with host migration and how its handled by DE's systems. 

Ergo, the world doesn't revolve around you and your plans for the day. You roll with pubs then you gotta except that. If they ain't trolling then you have no leg to stand on.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Just now, Hokibukisa said:

How is that a punishment? The punishment is getting host migrated from people who should have never been hosting in the first place

If a person can be a host and wants to host and they later want to say help people do runs but they had to leave at round one because of an unplanned situation but now they can never host again because of your suggested feature. 

Does that not count as a punishment? You seem upset yes but you're throwing out a poorly planned idea.

• 2 years later...

On 2018-08-08 at 7:04 AM, Hokibukisa said:

Just noting, this may happen due to bad connectivity, or joining and not finding the next level portal in time (e.g. if joined by a friend to a public run and yet being able to kill there)

vor 37 Minuten schrieb NelomirPrime:

Just noting, this may happen due to bad connectivity, or joining and not finding the next level portal in time (e.g. if joined by a friend to a public run and yet being able to kill there)

Yes. subject is very difficult. and it's about the reasons.
I don't want to spoil anyone's fun or whatever.

or what happens to me every day: 5 month old child turns around and starts screaming. I don't know if I'll be back after 30 seconds. pressing alt + f4 every time is not a solution ...
even if i am banned, it is not the end of the world. but not fair either.

• Like 1