Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon good?

BERNT3

Question

9 answers to this question

il y a 21 minutes, MhelvinN1 a dit :

Does oberon need like, the best mods in the world to work properly?, i'm a melee player that wants lots of cc and finishers (that's why i loved excalibur and i'm working my way up to get the umbra version) 

Vitality (Health) Steel Fiber (Armour) Intensify (power) Streach (range)  Constitucion/Continuity (duration) Streamline (abillity effectivness)

You can use Augur mods from Eidelon if rng is not on your side. But none of these is extreme.

The problem is that you may need potato (reactor) at some point to squize all desired mods. However before reaching that point you will know if you like it.

Oberon Prime Set goes for 55p, so you can either farm it, buy or buy missing parts.

If melee then Excalibur or Valkyr would be first pick.

Edited by felixsylvaris

Buy slot, max Oberon, see if you like it, if not sell. Oberon Blueprints come in large numbers.

Overall it is good frame, since have above avarage base stats, can party heal, can strip armour from enemies, can confuse, blind, and has nuke Reckoning.

Oberon is more party friendly. It is harder to be consufed by Oberon abillities.

Edited by felixsylvaris

Does oberon need like, the best mods in the world to work properly?, i'm a melee player that wants lots of cc and finishers (that's why i loved excalibur and i'm working my way up to get the umbra version) 

14 minutes ago, felixsylvaris said:

Vitality (Health) Steel Fiber (Armour) Intensify (power) Streach (range)  Constitucion/Continuity (duration) Streamline (abillity effectivness)

You can use Augur mods from Eidelon if rng is not on your side. But none of these is extreme.

The problem is that you may need potato (reactor) at some point to squize all desired mods. However before reaching that point you will know if you like it.

Oberon Prime Set goes for 55p, so you can either farm it, buy or buy missing parts.

If melee then Excalibur or Valkyr would be first pick.

Yep, thanks for the help, i have all the mods necessary except for the continuity (which after seeing what it does, i don't think it's really vital for him), i think i'm gonna spare some plat to get a slot for him.

Also, can he heal himself with his ability? Or is it mainly for support

Edited by MhelvinN1

il y a 7 minutes, MhelvinN1 a dit :

Also, can he heal himself with his ability? Or is it mainly for support

Continuous heal for all the affected squad members including yourself. You can also get a fix armor buff by Renewal and stepping on Hallowed Ground. 

The point of Continuity is to make Hallowed Ground more effective as well as reducing the energy cost over time from Renewal. It also affects the duration of the blinding effect of Reckoning. 

Oberon can tank effectively, which is probably what you're looking for, with his constant heal, armor buff, Status cleanse and knockdown immunity. (Also, his Heal works very well with mods like Rage that grants energy when taking damage on health.) You won't do as much damage as a an Exalted Blade or a Finisher, but you'll surely be able to survive longer. 

Also, you don't have to craft the Prime if you're not sure you'll like him. Buying slots is something you'll have to do eventualy, but you can always sell the Frames you don't like. Craft Oberon, see if you like him. If yes, keep him and maybe look for the Prime if you really, really want it. If not, sell him, you won't lose the slot so it will be usefull for your next frame.