Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

morningstar's 2018 Kubrow value guide!

morningstar999

Question

I'm asked daily to evaluate at least 5-30 kubrows on estimated price, and although my existing price guide is out there (which is still updated every few months) the thread was started in 2016 and so I figured it was time to post a new one so I now present to you all: 

The 2018 UPDATED Kubrow value guide! (focused mainly on PC prices as thats what I play)

(happy with this? please leave a like and upvote!)

First things first! What makes a rare kubrow?! 
The lotus pattern is the most valued pattern (followed but merle which goes for a little more than other patterns but not by much and is sadly overlooked)  -bulky is the most desired build, and skinny is often the least desired.

(see my breeding guide linked at the bottom for full details on colours, patterns and builds) 

All breeds of kubrow have an equal chance and doesn't generally affect value, although Huras is the most popular breed and tends to sell for a little more overall. 

OMEGA (tallest height) is NOT TRANSFERRED on in prints - Height and gender is 100% random and should not affect price. 

Below is the colour guide and rarity guide:  The colours highlighted in red are the rare colours, other colours are considered common. 

persentagechart.png

Examples of the rare colours: 

coloursnew.png

a note on orange (Jupiter brown) and shadow grey: 

These two colours are sort of like 'unofficial rares' both have a low % chance of naturally occurring and are not available in the marketplace -however they both closely resemble other colours you can get in the market so a lot of people disregard them as rare. shadow grey is basically impossible to tell from other shades of grey and the orange is close to 'tan' colours though it is very distinct when you compare them both. 

- Orange has a growing following with some breeders and though still doesn't sell as much as other rares some people will pay a little more to get it. 

Colour harmony is a big thing in making kubrows more desirable, a kubrow with nice bright colours that show of the pattern is far more likey to sell then a muddy or pale looking kubrow! 
Here are the prices I have seen most kubrow currently go for –if you don’t feel these prices are right please let me know and we can discuss/ edit this list! Thank you!  
THESE ARE A GUIDE ONLY! FEEL FREE TO SELL YOUR KUBROW AT ANY PRICE YOU LIKE! 

-merle pattern is as rare as lotus, but is not as popular, although it is growing in popularity amongst breeders and collectors and sells for more than more common patterns, so I have now updated the guide to include prices for merle pattern. 

Updated prices: 29/10/2018 

this chart here has the latest prices: 

1k5aY9A.png

or veiw the list below 

All common color kubrows : 
Bulky non-lotus > 40-60p
athletic non-lotus > 20-40p
thin non-lotus > 10-20p

Bulky lotus > 120-180p
athletic lotus > 60-100p
thin lotus > 30-60p 

Bulky merle > 60-80p

Athletic merle > 40-60p

Thin merle > 20-30p 

Single Rare color kubrows :
Bulky non-lotus > 80-150p
athletic non-lotus > 40-60p
thin non-lotus > 10-30p

Bulky lotus > 300-450p
Athletic lotus > 140-180p
Thin lotus > 40-60p 

Bulky merle > 150-200p

Athletic merle > 80-100p

Thin merle > 30-40p 

Double rare kubrows:
Bulky non-lotus > 150-250p
Athletic non-lotus >  60-150p
thin non-lotus > 40-80p

Bulky Lotus > 700-1000p (double the same colour 900-1200p)

Athletic lotus > 250-450p 
Thin lotus > 100p -200p 

Bulky merle > 400-500p (double same colour 600-700p)

Athletic merle > 200-300p 

Thin merle > 60-80p

Triple rare kubrows ( NOT Triple Gold Kubrows)
Bulky non-lotus > 300-600p
Athletic non-lotus > 200-450p
Thin non-lotus > 100-200p? 

Bulky lotus > 1200-2000p (depending on looks and the buyer)
Athletic lotus > 500-1000p
Thin lotus > 200-600p? 

Bulky merle > 800-1000p

Athletic merle > 400-500p

Thin merle > 100-300p?

Triple Gold Kubrows: 

Bulky Non-Lotus > 1000-1400p 
Athletic Non-Lotus >800- 1000p?

Bulky Lotus > 2500-3500p 
Athletic Lotus > 1000 -1500p 

Bulky merle > 1200-1500p

Athletic merle > 1000 -1200p

Full Color (solid) Kubrows ( triple red, triple blue.. etc)

Bulky Non-Lotus > 800-1000p(only seen one or two) 

Athletic non-lotus > 600-800p

Bulky Lotus > 1400-2000p (red seems most popular, followed by purple and blue) 

Athletic lotus > 1000-1200p 

Bulky merle >1000-1200p

Athletic mere > 700-900p 

The prices will be edited with time and feedback as prices keep changing ty. 

Useful kubrow links: 

The old kubrow price guide: 

kubow and kavat discord: https://discord.gg/jN5CVcy (nearly 1350+ members as of jan 2019)

Edited by morningstar999
  • Like 1

20 answers to this question

I would still love some definitive way to tell what color is what, other than eyeballing it.  A lot of the rares are really close in color to the commons.  The Alad blue, darvo and gallium all look really close to my eye 😞.  Does anyone know of a way to check these with software or something scientific, other than constantly having to ask on discord for anything that isn't obviously common colors?

1 minute ago, B.i.o.h.a.z.a.r.d said:

I would still love some definitive way to tell what color is what, other than eyeballing it.  A lot of the rares are really close in color to the commons.  The Alad blue, darvo and gallium all look really close to my eye 😞.  Does anyone know of a way to check these with software or something scientific, other than constantly having to ask on discord for anything that isn't obviously common colors?

it used to be much easier with the 'copy main colours' feature for attachments but now it is much harder. Using a colour picker in photoshop or whatever also can help BUT you won't get an exact match so you have to use your judgement on whether or not it really matches (I normally just go with 'close as possible' for that) 

only other advice i can give is look at lot of different examples and try and get some experience on doing it by eye that way.  

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

I’m afraid that the colors will never be unified until they will stated at Imprints. Main reason is: different players have different TVs or Screens with different settings.

even with some variants within screens a some of the rare colours will always stand out more than most other colours, especially red, gold, blue and purple. 

this guide is generally more aimed at PC players where everything is more consistent in terms of settings and screen settings. but from contacts with people who play on ps4 and xbox prices are often a little more higher though have a wider range of fluctuations overall. 

at the end of the day its purely down to what the buyers want to pay. 

Just sold my first kubrow to get the other types for mastery, got a bulky lotus chesa that's an aboslute unit. did a bit of googling to see if the big boy would be worth anything but it's hard to tell, considering a lot of the colours seem very similar to each other 😞

10 hours ago, Moosicorn2 said:

Just sold my first kubrow to get the other types for mastery, got a bulky lotus chesa that's an aboslute unit. did a bit of googling to see if the big boy would be worth anything but it's hard to tell, considering a lot of the colours seem very similar to each other 😞

most care colours stand out quite a bit, I also to price checks to help: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/665481-kubrow-price-evaluation-get-your-kubrow-or-kavat-price-checked/

4 hours ago, (XB1)KickedOdin996 said:

I want to know how to make imprints. I still haven’t figured that out yet 

buy the template from the market (you can re-use it to make as many prints as you need), build them in the foundry, when the dog is out go to the 'genetic tools' section and take the imprint. once thats done, put the second one!