Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with Solo teralyst capture

krygo18

Question

I recently crafted my first amp (223), did a few public missions and was happy with the upgrade and results.Decided to try solo killing the terralyst. My setup is Rhino / Oberon(for self healing and keeping the lures alive) + rubico + arca cisco + carrier. It usually takes 15 bullets to take down one limb, and i can easily take down all the shield, the problem is, after that i run out of ammo and it becomes impossible to kill it in the final stage. For those who do terry solo, what am i doing wrong. Please help, i also want to do it solo. ALso, having carrier doesnt help that much as there isnt much ammo to convert and my secondary isnt that strong.

8 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Terran007 said:

Use Lanka / Opticor as everyone else...

I dont use lanka beccause of the charge time and the projectile nature of the bullet. In the time i charge the shot, the blue homing missiles hits me, and i either die or miss the shot

Why solo it?  Just run with groups, at worst you cap one or two, at best you can cap up to six in one night.  The answer to your question though, is to use Lanka with radiation, the projectile issue is moot as you are right next to the thing shooting larch targets.  It take about 5 shots if you really trick it out (less is Volt's shield is used).  If you are running out of ammo then you need ammo restores, these are kind of critical at some points of the game.  If you are still having issues, then maybe you aren't ready for this fight yet.  Beef up your operator a bit and try when you have some more potency.

For the ammo question--- ammo restore pizzas, or have a carrier with you to do the ammo mutation for you 🙂 

Also, after knocking out a limb, put ~70-80 meters between you and the big guy (just outside its energy spike radius) and hammer it from there with the Lanka. It'll be immune to your damage BUT you'll be racking up sniper combo counter rapidly, especially with multishot mods on. It makes the final phases of the fight go faster, and thus less hazardous to your frame.

^Before making a run for it, set one lure to stay near it and keep it tethered so it doesn't escape.

Edited by Aldrr

4 hours ago, krygo18 said:

I dont use lanka beccause of the charge time and the projectile nature of the bullet. In the time i charge the shot, the blue homing missiles hits me, and i either die or miss the shot

This is kind of a "get over it" situation. There's a reason Lanka is meta for Eidolons, and you're radically gimping your damage before you even start. You're asking why solo Terry caps are rough for you, and we are telling you unambiguously that this is the answer.