Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentient Faction Symbol

GunDownGrace

I doubt Sentients will ever be added. When asked about it in devstream they completely avoided the answer. The look on their faces more or less said "No".

avoided or no...DE has avoided directly answering questions to hide things before,especially if the asking hits home it might strike em awkward abit

also,the ysaid there will be a new faction this year,not syndicate,a faction,unless we are getting space zombie tax professionals,i think it will be sentients

avoided or no...DE has avoided directly answering questions to hide things before,especially if the asking hits home it might strike em awkward abit

also,the ysaid there will be a new faction this year,not syndicate,a faction,unless we are getting space zombie tax professionals,i think it will be sentients

Or a new faction comprised of freed Grineer slaves and Corpus malcontents.  I call them, the GRINPUS!!!   Or the Corneer.

But awesome work Grace, I likes it.

Or a new faction comprised of freed Grineer slaves and Corpus malcontents.  I call them, the GRINPUS!!!   Or the Corneer.

But awesome work Grace, I likes it.

ty :D i was trying to work on a part of somethign else,then i got to thinking about what sentients would look like and this happened :D

According to the Lore, the Sentients should have been destroyed by the Tenno, if I'm not wrong

I'm pretty sure the only thing the lore states is that they were defeated, but nothing about them being killed. I personally believe they came from another Solar System, linked to the Origin system via the Outer Terminus solar rail, and when that was destroyed the link was cut off and they could no longer attack and invade.

On topic, awesome! +1

I'm pretty sure the only thing the lore states is that they were defeated, but nothing about them being killed. I personally believe they came from another Solar System, linked to the Origin system via the Outer Terminus solar rail, and when that was destroyed the link was cut off and they could no longer attack and invade.

On topic, awesome! +1

i agree...

its CONFIRMED we will have a new faction this year

not a syndicate,A Faction,so what could it be other than sentients?we got most of the other bases covered

i agree...

its CONFIRMED we will have a new faction this year

not a syndicate,A Faction,so what could it be other than sentients?we got most of the other bases covered

A new faction was teased a while ago by Mynki IIRC. He mentioned them being far less humanoid than the factions presented in the game now.

A new faction was teased a while ago by Mynki IIRC. He mentioned them being far less humanoid than the factions presented in the game now.

thank you for the info

less humanoid than anything ever in the game before

that includes weird things like lephantis,id like to call everyone's attention to that

what could ever possibly be less humanoid than lephantis?the only thing i can think of is sentients

Edited by GunDownGrace

Looks cool.

thank you for the info

less humanoid than anything ever in the game before

that includes weird things like lephantis,id like to call everyone's attention to that

what could ever possibly be less humanoid than lephantis?the only thing i can think of is sentients

J3 Golem was previewed last devstream. That's even less humanoid.

Depending on when this new "faction" was hinted at, could it have been referring to cephalon suda, also doesn't get less humanoid than that.

Also last devstream, she put up a list of things theyve talked about, I didn't see faction up there and I see them avoiding making any promises, so I'm not sure when you've gotten the guarantee

Edited by Lightsmith

It was way before the syndicates were introduced or even officially announced.

It could be that then. Personally I'd prefer DE get their lore in order before adding a new faction, even the sentients. But once lore is solid the next faction I would like to see are the sentients.

Hmmm, Looks a bit too complex/elaborate. Don't get me wrong, it looks nice, but compared to the simple forms of the Grineer box thing, Corpus Illuminati symbol Triangle in a circle, Infested's Triangle thing, and Orokin Circle-y thing, it just looks too extravagant. 

According to the Lore, the Sentients should have been destroyed by the Tenno, if I'm not wrong

Definitely that is the fate of Orokin, but the status of the Sentients overall is unknown - defeated, yes, but destroyed to the point of nonexistance? Unclear.

Big question for OP, though: what's the reasoning behind this design? What's the thought process that went into it? Without proper design idea it's impossible to determine if it would be accurate or not.

Edited by Morec0

Definitely that is the fate of Orokin, but the status of the Sentients overall is unknown - defeated, yes, but destroyed to the point of nonexistance? Unclear.

Big question for OP, though: what's the reasoning behind this design? What's the thought process that went into it? Without proper design idea it's impossible to determine if it would be accurate or not.

that was mainly all about how it would look..shapes but amorphous,sharp but not boxy like corpus aesthetics..and not crude like the grineer

that was for a faction symbol,admittedly my take for it might be abit too complex for ingame,but im sure that the others factions have more fanciful fanart versions of there symbols than the game could tolerate in practicality

Edited by GunDownGrace

• 1 month later...