The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fusion Cores No Longer Exist

darkkterror

Yep, that's right, Fusion Cores have been patched out of the game, folks!  Well, as far as acquiring more goes, anyway.  After the patch yesterday I noticed that I was no longer receiving any fusion cores.  Curious, I decided to do an actual test.  I recorded the total number of mods I had on hand and cores and went off to do 10 Kappa runs.

Before starting, I had 357 total mods and 0 fusion cores (used them all up on Redirection).

These are my total number of mods and cores after each of the 10 runs.

Run 1: 370 mods, 0 cores

Run 2: 386 mods, 0 cores

Run 3: 401 mods, 0 cores

Run 4: 424 mods, 0 cores

Run 5: 442 mods, 0 cores

Run 6: 457 mods, 0 cores

Run 7: 481 mods, 0 cores

Run 8: 502 mods, 0 cores

Run 9: 521 mods, 0 cores

Run 10: 547 mods, 0 cores

Then I decided to simply do a single Cyath run just for the heck of it.  I figured that maybe since Cyath is much higher level (42-45 vs Kappa's 20-22) that maybe things would be different.

After 1 run of Cyath I had gone up to 586 mods (which means I picked up 39 mods in that single run alone) but, alas, still 0 fusion cores.

So, after all those runs I ended up with a grand total of 586 mods.  I started with 357, so the net gain was 216 mods and zero Fusion Cores.

This leads me to only one conclusion: Fusion Cores just don't drop anymore.  Seriously, 216 mod pickups and none of them were fusion cores?  I know this has been mentioned a little bit already on the forum but I'm a sucker for data so I decided to put some together.  Please bring back our Fusion Cores soon, I miss them already :(

I decided to put together just a little bit of data from running Cyath - Eris.  I only completed four runs, though, instead of the 10 I did for Kappa.

Cyath - Eris

Run 1: 31 mods acquired, 0 fusion cores

Run 2: 22 mods acquired, 0 fusion cores

Run 3: 30 mods acquired, 0 fusion cores

Run 4: 38 mods acquired, 0 fusion cores

In total, 121 mod pickups without a single one of them being a fusion core.  Also, I extensively ran alerts and corpus void missions to acquire my 100 even points.  I didn't track any data during this, but I will say that I still have not picked up a single (not one, at all) fusion core since the patch on Friday.

At this point, I'm not going to bother tracking any more data.  I think that what I've done so far, plus all the comments we have now from people both in this thread and others across the board, that there is sufficient proof that there is something very wrong with fusion core drops.

Edited by darkkterror

10 Kappa runs.

I think this is the factor here, I will confirm when everyone gets back to the office Monday.

The Update notes indicated a change with a new distribution of Loot Table. I would try your hand at other enemy/mission combination types for comparison.

I think this is the factor here, I will confirm when everyone gets back to the office Monday.

The Update notes indicated a change with a new distribution of Loot Table. I would try your hand at other enemy/mission combination types for comparison.

There's another problem Rebecca:

Mods are not 'random' anymore... if a player picks up "Ammo Drum" all the players who pick that mod will get "Ammo Drum" too...

it's not randomized anymore, tested in my clan, with 10 ppl in random missions, anywhere, same results: mods are all the same.

There's another problem Rebecca:

Mods are not 'random' anymore... if a player picks up "Ammo Drum" all the players who pick that mod will get "Ammo Drum" too...

it's not randomized anymore, tested in my clan, with 10 ppl in random missions, anywhere, same results: mods are all the same.

They are random mods still, you just all get the same mod. Which is a great change.

Nothing sucks more than hearing your friend get a multi shot mod you've been hunting for weeks.

I have found absolutly tons of Uncommon 5's and Common 3's. They are not patched out, you guys are just unlucky

Do tell please. I've had similar luck to the OP, and I've ran several outer prime runs since its the highest and got ammo drums and reaches and nothing particularly useful. I read

• New RNG fixes – Enemy and Level specific drops for more efficient hunting!

this as thinking hey, higher levels will drop better mods. But I seem to be mistaken, and it is in all actuality specific levels, mission types, or planets, or a combination of the above. Higher levels definitely are not dropping better mods as I hoped for, but if you are getting cores then it seems. So, sharing information would be nice. Also trying to find the rarer mods like flow or even multishot would be nice if anyone has actually found things like that. For me though its been reach.. reach.. ammo drum.. ammo drum..[insert common warframe/sentinel skill 1 mod]. Granted, other than a handful of alerts I think I may have only done mobile, defense, and exterminate missions.

Ran my own test, 5 defense missions on 5 different levels (Gaia, Lo, Minthe, Miranda and Xini) each to wave 10 or higher.  In total I collected 54 mods and 0 Fusion Cores.  given the inherent variables of RNG my data alone is too small of a sample to come to a conclusion, but in conjunction with darkkterror's findings I believe we can safely assume Fusion Core drop rates have been borked. 

In addition to an increase in Reach mod drops I've noticed a great deal of Sentinel mod drops.  Interestingly Gaia, the lowest level mission I played, dropped multiple Diamond Skins, a mod I've previously only found once or twice before, while Minthe, the highest level mission, dropped only common mods.

Ran my own test, 5 defense missions on 5 different levels (Gaia, Lo, Minthe, Miranda and Xini) each to wave 10 or higher.  In total I collected 54 mods and 0 Fusion Cores.  given the inherent variables of RNG my data alone is too small of a sample to come to a conclusion, but in conjunction with darkkterror's findings I believe we can safely assume Fusion Core drop rates have been borked. 

In addition to an increase in Reach mod drops I've noticed a great deal of Sentinel mod drops.  Interestingly Gaia, the lowest level mission I played, dropped multiple Diamond Skins, a mod I've previously only found once or twice before, while Minthe, the highest level mission, dropped only common mods.

Were they actually in your inventory after the mission?

Were they actually in your inventory after the mission?

Yes, I haven't encountered that bug yet.  Which is strange since it seems to be related to the mod transmutator, and I've already dumped about 40 mods into that useless sinkhole.

Take that back.

I got two Rank1 Common Cores from Mercury.

wooo.

How do you get Rank3s, and Rank5 Uncommon/Rares?

If a Lv20 area is too high... then I dunno what to say.

Lv15 seems to be too high too, I've been doing lots of event stuff and I haven't seen a single core there either.

EDIT: 2 runs of E Gate on Venus, 0 cores thusfar out of ~10 mod drops.

Edited by Xylia

I was trying to run Cyath 10 times so I could get more data from a mission besides Kappa.  So far I've pretty much just been learning how few people actually run Cyath.  It's a shame, really.  I've only managed 2 full runs at this point.

Run 1: 31 mods collected, 0 fusion cores

Run 2: 22 mods collected, 0 fusion cores

I will try to provide additional data as I manage to complete more runs, but that might take me some time.  Both because, as I mentioned, getting a group for Cyath doesn't seem easy to do and also because I'll be running tons of event missions now.