Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lotus Project Conspiracy

Arlayn

CBclanemblem.jpg

What is the Lotus Project? Well lets start from the Intro of Dark Sector...

The Submarine in the video was found out later on in the game to be of American Origin. This means that the Suits with the Lotus symbol on them, along with the symbols that suddenly started appearing all cross Lasria (possibly drawn by those infected) are all related to something having to do with Lotus. Of course you asking well what are you getting at?

ds_logo.jpg

What happened in Dark Sector? A Virus sent from the United States of America was brought into Lasria which later started infecting the populace. Eventully the Agency (US Origin) sent in...

Robert Mezner

300px-Robert.jpg

Who specialized in  biology, engineering, physics and geopolitics.

and Nadia Sudek

300px-Nadia.jpg

an Operative in the Agency with links to Mezner, and Hayden.

The Agency then supposedly lost contact with Mezner whether it was true or not, or orchestrated by a deeper organization is not known yet. However here is my Theory or conspiracy on the entire matter.

The Lotus Project... a Project to create the perfect Biological weapon. The Lotus Project had conducted various test over time leading up to the year 1987 where everything had finally come to fruit. They were careful in choosing who would be involved in this project, and who their ideal warrior to become this biological weapon was to be. In the year 2007 they choose Hayden Tenno

11177-dark_sector_large.jpg

one who had a high resistance to pain congenital analgia, and skilled in combat. Many of his skills are still useful to Tenno in Warframe. Creating the all around ideal warrior that is supposed to become this biological weapon. Even after taking a missile a Tenno can get back up. Tenno can hack electronics, wield any weapon of their choosing. Masters of Blade(Glaive), Masters of Gun(knowledge in Advanced Weaponry similar to Hayden).

The Project was surrounded around releasing a virus that would turn Lasira into the perfect breeding ground to turn Hayden into this ultimate weapon. Mezner may or may not have been in on the Council that judges the path of the Lotus Project, but for sure Dixon was not in on it. As he was killed right away during the final chapter of Dark Sector. A foolish man who knew nothing of what was to come no ambition. Unlike Mezner who died knowing Lotus Project was a success. (btw it all comes together in the end that the Submarine came from the US)

However the Project couldn't end at Hayden Tenno. No the project was a success... They had to create a more powerful warrior.

Sometime during the Orokin Era, beginning of it, or before it they which ever species was around during the time they started the Lotus Project up once more. In an attempt create an even more superior version of Hayden Tenno.

According to the history of Warframe there was a similar outbreak of technocyte virus of this new strand we see in game.

WarframePublic0028_zpsa544a4d3.png

It is possible they are not just talking about the one used to wipe out the sentients, but one used even before that. One that eventully gave rise to Tenno before the ones we know of now in the game, and possible the ones we know now, but they were either dormant, or sealed away for a time.

These Tenno were then put through similar trials with one Tenno coming out on top. This Tenno with no name we have now come to call.... The Stalker

Stalker-1.png

After the Lotus Project came and went and Stalker was the final product Stalker did not stay ignorant of the situation and finally realized what Project Lotus was, and what he was made to be... A weapon... a biological weapon used to kill... Stalker with ideals of his own, possibly similar to Hayden's felt that Project Lotus must end. However he did not have the means to accomplish this objective yet and went into hiding(either into stasis or literally into hiding).

The Lotus Project was started again during the Orokin Era in order to create a new Tenno warrior better then Hayden, better then Stalker. Thus the Tenno we know now came into being.

image1.jpg

Now How is it this is the same Lotus from Dark Sector? How could the project be ongoing after everyone is dead? What is The Lotus?

2476531-1366766263234.png

As mentioned in the Livestream she is basically an AI. How can this have anything to do with Old Lotus symbol shown in Dark Sector? Ever played Metal Gear Solid? Do you know what the Patriots are? (May have to do your own research and play MGS2, and MGS4)

However I will talk abit about it. The Patriots were a series of AIs trying to control information, and the world eventually if it wasn't destroyed. The Lotus may be a series of AIs that make the The Lotus Project Council from before 1987, to the Orokin Era. Making a fast many geniuses, and manipulators having proxies of their personalities built into the system to make decisions on how the Lotus Project must continue. Its possible after the Stalker made a disappearance the The Lotus AI rearranged the planning to fit perfectly along side Hayden's path. However the War with the Sentients interfered. The Tenno were not ready and therefore placed in Stasis, and the Lotus Project put on shutdown till the war ended. They released the technocyte virus in attempt to wipe out the enemy which seemed to be successful. Stalker must have made his move during this time working with an unknown faction and turning the technocyte on its tamers the Orokin which led to their end. Many years later the Corpus must have dug up the Lotus Project, and its AI. Secretly between the Highest members of the Board, and the Lotus AI they re-planned the entire Lotus Project. Which later led to the Lotus and the Tenno betraying and fleeing the Corpus as a cover. The Board still kept contact with The Lotus in order to keep events on the right track.

The Grineer are nothing but abunch of grunts similar to the Lasria Government, or the Agency. Possibly both. Reliving their roles in this environment. The Corpus below the Board such as Alad V. May be just another pawn in the project simulating a Dixon, or a commander of the Lasrian Army that tried to contain the situation.

It is also possible the Corpus dug up Stalker as well. The Board set up the perfect story to set up Stalker on a path to fight against the Lotus once more creating a Second Nemesis for the Tenno to overcome. The Stalker's reasoning to fight and kill Tenno can come in two paths

1. The only way to end Project Lotus would be to kill all Tenno making him superior with no one to stop him, and then destroy The Lotus Project

2. He has no idea where the Lotus Project is based and therefore is killing Tenno to get a record of data from the last few transmissions made from the Lotus to pinpoint her location.

we have now come to the final conclusion of the present

1. The Tenno we play now have amnesia on purpose which was caused before stasis in order to start again with a clean slate, and later allow them to remember the war to break away from the original path of Hayden, and Stalker.

2. They originally planned for the Tenno to remember the war putting them in a state of hesitance similar to Hayden when he first started his mission during the Dark Sector game. With the Tenno coming across a path of rebirth as the Lotus symbol means rebirth, or finding new enlightenment. The Lotus Project, and the Biological warriors later named Tenno were all apart of a project to give birth to the ultimate warrior then rebirth this ultimate warrior again and again till the Ultimate warrior was perfect, and invincible. A warrior to protect such as protecting the USA, or protecting the Orokin which it failed... Instead Tenno who learned the truth became warriors of Vengence, and justice, and died fighting for what they believe in...

The Tale of Warframe is a conspiracy of an organization that will never die convincing men of science to join forces with The Lotus Project to create the ultimate weapon, and the Tenno blinded at first and eventually coming to a realization of the truth and rebelling.

However this is all theory of a Conspiracy upheld by The Lotus for thousands of years... A Project that seemed to good to be true... a Project every man of science believed in as the path to become the most powerful being. A Project to play God...

This is a Theory gathered from hints, events, and ideas gathered from Dark Sector, warframe, Livestreams from Digital Extremes, and the community... Could this be the Lore? The Truth?

You decide for yourself...

edit: Possible second theory

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/99550-the-lotus-project-conspiracy-pt-2-keep-my-mother-out-of-this-edition/?hl=%2Blotus+%2Bproject+%2Bconspiracy

Edited by Arlayn

i feel 2% geekier after having read all of that and liking it. Can you go get a job at DE so we can get a story in this game?

If you know the PM link, or email link to the guy who does the Lore, or someone close to that person let me know. I will throw the story at them LOL...

Dark Sector is not relevant to Warframe lore. It takes place in the same universe, but nothing that happened in DS has any relevance to what has or will happen in Warframe.

already been mentioned in livestream that connections to dark sector will be made, just not in the near future

Dark Sector is not relevant to Warframe lore. It takes place in the same universe, but nothing that happened in DS has any relevance to what has or will happen in Warframe.

WTF ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! It has everything to do with the lord Excal is based on Hayden tenno the technocyte virus=infested..

Also the de stated by there own mouth that Warframe is based on dark sector.

Edited by DemonNinja-Abraxas

Now I kinda wanna play Dark Sector... Maybe I should look up a synopsis instead.  Meh, I did go back and play the first Mass Effect because of the second one, and going to the previous game after sampling the second was a... frustrating... experience.

But as they tend to say, "Still a better love story than Twilight."

Can I say I really dislike theories that place the Lotus as some evil A.I, Just because I feel it's the most obvious thing they can do.

That being said I do respect the amount of effort you put into this.

Trying to play God and create the ultimate warrior through any means needed even if its to make this warrior a protector or destroyer does not necessarily mean evil. Even the best intentions can seem evil.

Speculations are always awesome. 

How much time did it take to do this?

Anways, take my +1.

Play dark Sector, fight many bosses, listen to the Lotus in game, read in game lore, read website lore, listen to live stream, interviews from the time period of when DE made Dark Sector.... yeah I guess it took awhile lol.

Trying to play God and create the ultimate warrior through any means needed even if its to make this warrior a protector or destroyer does not necessarily mean evil. Even the best intentions can seem evil.

That is true but any group whom in the past whom would be willing to sacrifice a large group of people to create such a powerful weapon in world where such a weapon has potential to drastically change the world, is up to no good. Yes Might have good intentions but their actions would say other wise, similarly the Deus Ex Series.

And the fact that the Lotus is coming from such a manipulative group, would in fact have it's impact on Lotus.

Interesting stuff.

I really hope DE finds a good way to deliver a great story with a rich background similar to your conspiracy.

Right now Im not sure what to think of the motive.

There needs to be a purpose for the Tenno. They are weapons, tools after all. After all these years and the end of human kind as we know it a lot changes. Obviously.

How can the motive not change after all these years? Is it something universal or has the Lotus AI gone out of control?

Interesting stuff.

I really hope DE finds a good way to deliver a great story with a rich background similar to your conspiracy.

Right now Im not sure what to think of the motive.

There needs to be a purpose for the Tenno. They are weapons, tools after all. After all these years and the end of human kind as we know it a lot changes. Obviously.

How can the motive not change after all these years? Is it something universal or has the Lotus AI gone out of control?

There is that possibility the proxies might have corrupt programing... Possibly Hayden snuck in with the ranks of the scientist and managed to place a copy of his mind into the Lotus AI, and is secretly watching over you...