Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Djinn - Not Really Fulfilling Any Wishes, This One.

Ced23Ric

Djinn is a new Sentinel in Clantech.

Cost is:

30,000 Salvage

3,500 Circuits

6 Mutagen Masses

2 Forma

What does Djinn do? Nothing good. Djinn costs the equivalent of a year's production of Grineer military training facilities in scrap metal, enough circuit boards to build three Jackals and two Forma. This would usually spell power. What it spells here is confusion.

His shooting ability, "Thumper" has a quite long range - yet his primary weapon, Stinger, is projectile-based. Djinn cannot hit anything at range, because Sentinels don't compensate for movement. He just shoots the floor, the wall, the ceiling.

His core ability, "Fatal Attraction" works as one would expect. It attracts enemies which is then fatal for Djinn. The Sentinel, with 0 armour and no Steel Fiber helping, is asking the enemies to shoot him instead of the Tenno. He tries to tank and dies. His only synergy: Spare Parts. For the price listed above, plus some mods, Djinn might pop out resources, twice a mission at 45% chance.

This could not be a worse Sentinel. Maybe if he shot himself right away. To make Djinn work, one has to use a hitscan weapon (Dethrifle or Sweeper) and leave his core ability off.

Suggesting a major overhaul. The primary needs to be hitscan, as Sentinels cannot compensate for moving targets. The core ability needs to be replaced entirely. And all Sentinels need armour - so does this one.

Fun fact: Building Djinn with Plat only is US$254. Are you a bad enough dude to build this hunk-a-junk?

But seriously, I can see where you're coming from.

I have a Djinn, and although it may not be close to comparison to Dethcube; it still does it's job.

Do you feel that if we lowered the cost people would be more inclined to make it?

I've heard good and bad things about Djinn so I'm wondering what your thoughts are.

I have a Djinn, and although it may not be close to comparison to Dethcube; it still does it's job.

Do you feel that if we lowered the cost people would be more inclined to make it?

I've heard good and bad things about Djinn so I'm wondering what your thoughts are.

Even if the price was lowered I sill wouldnt make it.   Shade with deth machine rifle > All

Edited by YouHaveShamedYoFamory

Give the bugger some DoT on his weapon (it's a poison dart gun for crying out loud) and give us some explanation on what "Draw enemies close" means on Fatal Attraction. Then we talk prices.

@Megan...

We gotta catch them all for sure.. The cutier* the better but thats just something to bragg about not to use(just like some prime stuff)... Dethcube/shade are the best.

EDIT ; i suck at quoting at its not working or im just nb at forum editing stuf

Edited by Hawkeifun

Ma'am, I think what OP and a few others are try to get at is that the weapon for said sentinel is useless at range, and combined with the sentinel's ability to draw in enemies, it'd almost be better to issue it a shotgun instead, and or give it another ability that gives it more use.

ive got to agree with all the other people, ive ranked the djinn to 26 or 27 and the weapon is maxed, unless your fighting infested, very rarely are you at point blank range, you make sure your not so you can fire at the enemy before they fire too much at you, but the sentinel, as many have said, cant compensate for movement like a person can, it just cant cut it at anything beyond close range against a moving target

fatal attraction - im not sure what the thought was for this one, he attracts attention, minimal attention, I run mobile defense on cyath against infested, the ability goes off and maybe 1 or 2 of the closest, sometimes a few more if they are close, run at me, is that the way its supposed to work?, because if it is its value is next to nothing, against grineer on kappa its an open invitation to kill the sentinel, I have 70% steel fibre and a fair bit of health and shield+ on it and it still dies, in seconds, it cant hit distant enemies so im left to kill anything

equipping regen and spare parts is no reason to use this sentinel, tbh spare parts is a very poor idea for a sentinel mod, your aim is to keep it alive to help you, not kill it off as many times as you can to farm mats in the hope of getting a rare, what was going through your mind here? there is a serious lack of any abilities that help a sentinel other than armour, shields and health, the only things you can put on is guardian, which is probably the best mod there is atm for sents, sanctuary is a crapshoot if it shields or not, very often it doesn't

im sorry if this just seems like a very negative post, but it is, I cant really put it in a less negative way, the utility of the Djinn is god awful, even if the sentinel attacted every enemy within 20meters to you, yes it may save a pod, but it is going to plough you under with the enemies on any kind of serious level as it cant return fire accurately with its default weapon(stressing this again)

so, was it expensive to make mats wise, for sure, would I build it again, of course, I don't play warframe because everything is perfectly balanced and works like a charm, I play it because I like it and ill keep letting you know when something doesn't seem to be working, I still have a hope that it will be improved to actually be useful

It's a nice looking sentinel, I'll give them that, but its function is severely lacking. For what it cost (even after the U10 pricing fiasco) I can't really recommend it to anyone. The dethcube costs considerably less, is not gated by clan research/derelict mutagen farming and will give you much more bang for your buck. Why? because as said- hitscan weapon > projectile weapon on an AI that doesn't or cannot account for movement. The wet fart sound of an acrid constantly shooting over your shoulder will get on your nerves, as well.

Fatal Attraction is perhaps the single most useless thing I have seen in the game. Banshee's Silence is probably better. The descriptor text for this ability is just a complete mind boggle as to what it actually does and required me to go into a mission and run around like a headless guinea pig trying to figure out its function, which is completely counter-intuitive to how the game plays.

To the best of my knowledge, here's how it works: 

- Djinn will stop shooting and Fatal Attraction will start 'winding up' its attack when something is within range of it. Range is difficult to test, but it is fairly big, you will notice Djinn activating the skill before entering rooms and eyeballing enemies.

- If, and only if more than 2 enemies are basically standing right next to you, it will pulse damage at them. Enemies are stunned and have a Miasma-like goo particle effect put over them, it is extremely unlikely they will actually die. Level 5-10 sawmen on the Mercury survival mission were taking half shield damage with this precept at max rank/Djinn lvl 21.

- Recharge of 20-30seconds

The only saving grace of Djinn is the range on its attack precept and not putting Fatal Attraction on so it doesn't keep interrupting its own attacks. Throw the Dethmachine rifle or Sweeper on Djinn and go afk farm on top of a box somewhere.

Oh who am I kidding? even then a Carrier will do you better because it can suck up all your loot.

Buyer beware with this one, folks.

Djinn is, even if the costs would match Wyrm, Shade and Dethcube, still underpowered, vastly.

I reiterate: The bullet travel makes Djinn not viable against moving targets that do not run in a straight line. If Djinn had other redeeming qualities, this would be negliable. Sadly, his core ability makes him suicidal. Sentinels cannot tank as well as frames. Sentinels have 0 armour (making Steel Fiber a joke on Sentinels - add 110% of 0 to 0 and it is still 0). Sentinels also cannot dodge or seek cover. Sentinels actively poke out of cover, actually.

I would feel that there would be a reason to make Djinn if a) his primary is reworked or replaced and his core ability is replaced. DC had many good options, out of which Vacuum became a Carrier-only core ability instead of a quality of life mod. I suggest looking there for a replacement to Fatal Attraction.

The bottom line is, Djinn is horrendously - and just a bit - overpriced and has bad performance. I won't get into buyer's bias here. People who say good things about Djinn are not looking at him in the spectrum of all Sentinels, but in a vacuum. I am sure Djinn can kill stuff, and I am sure his DoT also adds DPS. I am also sure that Fatal Attraction does remove some heat of the Tenno.

But against Invis, Stun, Vacuum and Zap, Fatal Attraction is low tier.

But against Dethrifle and Sweeper, Stinger is a slower, weaker Laserrifle with even more aiming issues.

In the grand scheme of things, Djinn's cost and effect stand in grossly imbalanced juxtaposition.

Could we please have someone from DE at least confirm, 100% accurately, what Fatal Attraction actually does?

From what I can gather, is it causes enemies to be attracted to you, or at least focus fire on the sentinel. I'm hoping it's not the latter, cause I would actually enjoy having enemy AI attracted to me vs something like say the pod, so I can go in as nyx, and just use my ult and wipe them out, or stand on a box and slow them down so the pod can heal.

I actually would like Fatal Attraction to have Djinn Latch onto an enemy after drawing them in. Kinda like a flying leech and deals DoT based damage higher than Stinger is by base because of point-blank injection. Perhaps have him emit a Toxic Ancient Cloud for enemies while latched on?