Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Warframe Fanart

Mirbersc

(I opened a thread for the rest of my stuff as I make it. I've already added another painting! Go here!)

Hey everyone! It's my first time posting in the forums, and I wanted to share a piece of fan art I made yesterday :)

I'll be posting more like this when I can (and if you like it, of course). I'd love to hear your thoughts!

This one took around 6-7 hours or so. It's not super-detailed or extremely polished, but I hope it's good enough!

*Edit: Here's a higher res version if you're interested: http://josea302.deviantart.com/art/Warframe-Infested-Grineer-Fanart-410594614

warframe_infested_grineer_fanart_by_jose

Edited by Mirbersc

Dude, this is awesome! I really love how the lack of definite outlines for the grineer and ancient allows the shading to really shine through. There's an incredible sort of softness in the texture of the colors (if that makes any sense) that somewhat reminds me of watercolor, but the incredible small decals and details on the grineer and the particle effects bring it to a whole new level.

6-7 hours is A LOT to put into something. I would really love to see more pieces though, definitely awesome.

Hey thanks everyone! I'm glad that you like it. I've been working on and off on another bigger painting too. Hopefully I can post it somewhere around next week (I'm changing internet providers this month so I'll be offline for a few days), but it'll get here for sure :).

Thanks for all the kind words!

Dude, this is awesome! I really love how the lack of definite outlines for the grineer and ancient allows the shading to really shine through. There's an incredible sort of softness in the texture of the colors (if that makes any sense) that somewhat reminds me of watercolor, but the incredible small decals and details on the grineer and the particle effects bring it to a whole new level.

6-7 hours is A LOT to put into something. I would really love to see more pieces though, definitely awesome.

Thanks man! I appreciate the insight on the technique! I'm actually deviating from my usual comfort zone with this (hence the amount of time that went into it). I'm more of an environment guy, but I'm trying to get my character paintings up a notch.

Hopefully I can keep getting better and get some more advanced stuff going on! :)

I opened a thread for the rest of my stuff as I make it. I've already added another painting! Go here!

Wow! <--- All I can say ;)

Care to share what program you used? Did you use a Cintiq or just a simple tablet?

Thanks! I'm using an old Wacom Intuos4 (small) and yeah, I need an upgrade, lol. It works perfect, and I love it, but a cintiq would be amazing to work with. One day...

On the program side I'm using Photoshop CS6 :)

Hey, you were on prime time! Congrats!

I saw it! :D I'm really happy they showed this! Thank you.

Thanks! I'm using an old Wacom Intuos4 (small) and yeah, I need an upgrade, lol. It works perfect, and I love it, but a cintiq would be amazing to work with. One day...

On the program side I'm using Photoshop CS6 :)

Cool! I have a Wacom Bamboo Create + Photoshop Elements, but my skills aren't as good yet. Looking forward seeing more from you ;D

Cool! I have a Wacom Bamboo Create + Photoshop Elements, but my skills aren't as good yet. Looking forward seeing more from you ;D

Also a nice tablet! As long as you practice what you do it with doesn't matter.

Thanks! Updates coming soon :)