Photo

Boycott Platinum Trading, Destroy Your Trading Posts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#1 Brasten

Brasten

Eagle

• Hunter
  • 2574 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:46 PM

For all clan leaders who disagree with DE's inclusion of Platinum as a trade-able item, I encourage you to either avoid creating a Trading Kiosk or destroy any you have already built. I will update this post in 20 hours with the destruction of the kiosk in the clan I co-warlord.

This isn't just muttering about it being a bad idea. It is a visual boycott to express dissatisfaction with a decision that was not explained in advance and one that I personally feel will bring about (has brought about) the exact kinds of message tendencies and chat spam which DE said they wanted to avoid.

*edit*
As I said I would do.

Spoiler

Edited by Brasten, 21 November 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#2 legionprobatio

legionprobatio

Gold Hunter

• PC Member
  • 1411 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

ok. Good luck with that.

#3 Adallamus

Adallamus

Initiate

• Master
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

My clan won't have a kiosk until plat trading is out.  Even some of my own would be tempted to beg.

#4 -JINX-

-JINX-

Hunter

• PC Member
  • 808 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

NOPE.AVI

#5 JRMC

JRMC

Silver Tiger

• PC Member
  • 6042 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

Don't trade then. Simple as that.

Edited by JRMC, 20 November 2013 - 11:51 PM.

#6 Sidathe

Sidathe

Gold Hunter

• Disciple
  • 1219 posts

stewie-head-turn.gif

There is a trading channel for a reason. Hell, this way, you can buy plat for a friend who can't afford a thing, so he can get a fancy hat/paint/whatever.

#7 BloodHungryKitten

BloodHungryKitten

Eagle

• PC Member
  • 2407 posts

just leave it be, never trade for plat with stranger and you will avoid issues.

if you do end up trading plat for something make sure you get paid upfront.

basic trade rules..... for some anyway.

#8 Sixty5

Sixty5

Silver Dragon

• Master
  • 9487 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

They actually said that they'd put Platinum trading in a long time ago in one of the livestreams.

If you don't like platinum trading then don't do it. But deleting your clans trading post is just an a** move.

Cry More

#9 EinRyu

EinRyu

Silver Seeker

• Hunter
  • 601 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:51 PM

I can actually agree with this but unfortunately to many people were desperate for trading and this Plat - Mod thing came about as a result and now I honestly dunno. I feel this needs to be changed no matter what but I'm not gonna tell everyone to bomb there Kiosk, the smart ones are doing Mod - Mod trading but greedy bastards will always pop up asking for a # of Platinum for there Trades, or people just flat buying there way out of everything.

#10 EinRyu

EinRyu

Silver Seeker

• Hunter
  • 601 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

They actually said that they'd put Platinum trading in a long time ago in one of the livestreams.

If you don't like platinum trading then don't do it. But deleting your clans trading post is just an a** move.

Cry More

The problem is this is gonna bring more problems than help in Warframe if it goes bad... we'll just have to see in a month or so how the trading economy develops, but if it develops completely around Platinum Trades only problems will most likely occur.

#11 HK-A6A7

HK-A6A7

Silver Disciple

• PC Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

I have my trading post building, so I have no idea what the op is talking about. Can someone explain me what's the deal with Platinum trading?

#12 BloodHungryKitten

BloodHungryKitten

Eagle

• PC Member
  • 2407 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

I have my trading post building, so I have no idea what the op is talking about. Can someone explain me what's the deal with Platinum trading?

you can give platinum to people trough the trade post, if you want to trade it for something or just be nice and give spare plat to a friend.

the issue is people will exploit it somehow and will try to scam (can be avoided if your not being stupid and trade with plat with strangers)

#13 Relkin

Relkin

Gold Hunter

• Grand Master
  • 1855 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

I can actually agree with this but unfortunately to many people were desperate for trading and this Plat - Mod thing came about as a result and now I honestly dunno. I feel this needs to be changed no matter what but I'm not gonna tell everyone to bomb there Kiosk, the smart ones are doing Mod - Mod trading but greedy bastards will always pop up asking for a # of Platinum for there Trades, or people just flat buying there way out of everything.

Well it's a good thing that has literally zero impact on you what so ever.  Problem?

#14 HK-A6A7

HK-A6A7

Silver Disciple

• PC Member
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

you can give platinum to people trough the trade post, if you want to trade it for something or just be nice and give spare plat to a friend.

the issue is people will exploit it somehow and will try to scam (can be avoided if your not being stupid and trade with plat with strangers)

I can see why some don't want it. Still, as you said, you have to be very careless to get scammed on this kind of stuff.

Thanks for the answer!

#15 Bakim0n0

Bakim0n0

Silver Eagle

• Master
  • 3453 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

I wonder what is stopping people from farming plat via spamming new accounts?

#16 ReiganCross

ReiganCross

Eagle

• Master
  • 2055 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

Eh, i don't know... I'd say this about ends the issues that DE have been struggling about giving Platinum to free players. It's a nice way, let's the player set his own pace and will probably be remarkably slow. They have also made a LOT of rules that protect the gold farming (Although those A******s always manage to find a way.)

Hell, once i read that the Platinum you get trough trading cannot be re-traded then i though the system would not be so bad. It's just a way for free players to get a steady revenue for Platinum with it being still aquired for free... It's kind of a good move on DE's part.

#17 Brasten

Brasten

Eagle

• Hunter
  • 2574 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

This is the one smart thing DE did, which was to programmatically prevent the initial 50 free Plat, and any "gift" platinum from being transferable through the trade system. Assuming there aren't any bugs or exploits to be found and abused.

#18 paragasu

paragasu

Gold Disciple

• PC Member
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

:L but I want a clan emblem.... and one way to get it is by giving the warloard plat....:L...it is not like I gonna use all my plats anyway....

#19 Grim_Shadow

Grim_Shadow

Disciple

• Grand Master
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

theyve already said you cant trade your first 50 plat

#20 SolidSp33d

SolidSp33d

Eagle

• Hunter
  • 2716 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:26 AM

No, because there is no real problem with this. It isn't a real money trade or anything. There is honestly no real problem with this unless a glitch screws something up which wouldn't be a problem with the system rather than a temporary incident.