• Announcements

• [DE]Drew

[Please Read Before Posting Threads] What Is And Isn't General Discussion?   03/31/2016

Tenno, Recently a lot of forum users have been posting feedback, bug and question threads about the game here in General Discussion, only to complain when community moderators or forum staff move their thread to the appropriate section.   General Discussion is not for feedback about the game, for bug reports or for help questions, we have other forum sections specifically for these things.   There are a few criteria for determining what feedback is and what general discussion is, but the two main criteria are the following: Objective - The goal of the thread Target Audience - Who is being addressed with the thread   A feedback thread's objective is affecting the game; be it through negative feedback (change is desired) or positive feedback (change is not desired). And a feedback's Target Audience is the developers; your thread is directed towards DE, they are who you are making the thread for. If either two of these criteria are met then the thread is most likely feedback (and belongs in the appropriate feedback subforum).    A general discussion thread's objective is not to affect the game, it's to hold a discussion. And the Target Audience of a general discussion thread is other players and the community, not the developers. For example, a thread titled "Which frame do you like the most and why?" would be a discussion thread, because its objective is a discussion about what players enjoy, and it's audience is other players.   Ultimately, a lot of what determines whether a thread is a feedback thread is the opening post. Although feedback threads can have discussions in them between players, this does not make it general discussion. What it boils down to is the goal of the thread and who it's addressing. It's a thread for conveying opinions to the developers, and people are bound to agree and disagree (and therefore start a discussion on said thread).   -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   If you post something in General Discussion and find that it's no longer there, chances are it's been moved (if it was merged, we will try to notify you via private message, but sometimes when we have to merge a large number of threads we may not be able to). Here's a helpful guide for you to figure out where it might have been moved to:   Players Helping Players is the forum for when you have a question about something in the game or need help with something game-related--such as mod builds for frames/weapons, build comparisons, how to craft certain things, where to find components/mods/enemies, strategies for bosses, etc. Guides, solutions, tips and tricks can all be placed here. With hundreds of thousands of players, there's bound to be one that has experienced the same issue as you and has figured out how to solve it! PC Beta Bugs, PS4 Beta Bugs and XB1 Beta Bugs are the places for threads reporting malfunctioning parts of the game, bugs, things that have broken, et cetera (you should really make a support ticket too!). Fan Zone is the place for fan fiction, fan-sponsored contests, screenshots to share your achievements and Warframe-related video streams/Youtube channels. Fan Concepts is the place for concepts for new systems, warframes, weapons, and gameplay mechanics. PC Trading Post, PS4 Trading Post and XB1 Trading Post are for all things trading on the respective platforms. Threads looking to sell, buy, and trade go here, as well as any price checking. If you post a thread critiquing changes or content in the game, it's likely been moved to one of the Feedback Subforums, the guide to which is below.   Because feedback threads are by far the biggest offender in General Discussion, I've put together this guide on where feedback goes, breaking up and explaining the feedback subforums (Feedback forums are where the devs go for feedback regarding the game! Not General Discussion!). The list is a bit lengthy, so it's been put in spoiler tags:     So, for example, if you make a thread in General Discussion saying something like "The lore really needs work, and this is how I think it should be done" then it's probably going to get moved to the General Feedback forum. If you're dissatisfied with a recent patch or update and want to give DE a piece of your mind, the Specific Feedback associated with your platform (i.e. PC Specific Feedback or PS4 Specific feedback) is probably where it will get moved to (it may also be moved to the other feedback forums depending on what the thread is specifically about).   Wording is also very important, and your choice of description is also. This is why many people mix up feedback with discussion. In discussion, you are talking about things that are current, not commenting on how cool or disappointing they are. For example, 'What do you think is the best frame? I like Valkyr because of her focus on melee.' is General Discussion, whereas 'Valkyr is a really good frame. Her melee animations are nice, and her abilities compliment eachother well.' is feedback.     tl;dr - We have specific subforums for feedback, bug reports, helping players, fan-made stuff and so on. General Discussion is not a "catch-all" forum, and for the sake of keeping things tidy and organized we'd really appreciate it if you didn't treat it as such!   If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, please feel free to post them here or to send me or the other moderators a private message!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brasten

Boycott Platinum Trading, Destroy Your Trading Posts

64 posts in this topic

For all clan leaders who disagree with DE's inclusion of Platinum as a trade-able item, I encourage you to either avoid creating a Trading Kiosk or destroy any you have already built. I will update this post in 20 hours with the destruction of the kiosk in the clan I co-warlord.

This isn't just muttering about it being a bad idea. It is a visual boycott to express dissatisfaction with a decision that was not explained in advance and one that I personally feel will bring about (has brought about) the exact kinds of message tendencies and chat spam which DE said they wanted to avoid.

*edit*

As I said I would do.

Warframe0065_zps1a7cfbc4.png

Warframe0067_zps52599dca.png

Warframe0068_zps1694a098.png

Warframe0069_zps71dbd5d4.png

My clan won't have a kiosk until plat trading is out.  Even some of my own would be tempted to beg.

stewie-head-turn.gif

There is a trading channel for a reason. Hell, this way, you can buy plat for a friend who can't afford a thing, so he can get a fancy hat/paint/whatever.

just leave it be, never trade for plat with stranger and you will avoid issues.

if you do end up trading plat for something make sure you get paid upfront.

basic trade rules..... for some anyway.

They actually said that they'd put Platinum trading in a long time ago in one of the livestreams.

If you don't like platinum trading then don't do it. But deleting your clans trading post is just an a** move.

Cry More

I can actually agree with this but unfortunately to many people were desperate for trading and this Plat - Mod thing came about as a result and now I honestly dunno. I feel this needs to be changed no matter what but I'm not gonna tell everyone to bomb there Kiosk, the smart ones are doing Mod - Mod trading but greedy bastards will always pop up asking for a # of Platinum for there Trades, or people just flat buying there way out of everything.

They actually said that they'd put Platinum trading in a long time ago in one of the livestreams.

If you don't like platinum trading then don't do it. But deleting your clans trading post is just an a** move.

Cry More

The problem is this is gonna bring more problems than help in Warframe if it goes bad... we'll just have to see in a month or so how the trading economy develops, but if it develops completely around Platinum Trades only problems will most likely occur.

I have my trading post building, so I have no idea what the op is talking about. Can someone explain me what's the deal with Platinum trading?

I have my trading post building, so I have no idea what the op is talking about. Can someone explain me what's the deal with Platinum trading?

you can give platinum to people trough the trade post, if you want to trade it for something or just be nice and give spare plat to a friend.

the issue is people will exploit it somehow and will try to scam (can be avoided if your not being stupid and trade with plat with strangers)

I can actually agree with this but unfortunately to many people were desperate for trading and this Plat - Mod thing came about as a result and now I honestly dunno. I feel this needs to be changed no matter what but I'm not gonna tell everyone to bomb there Kiosk, the smart ones are doing Mod - Mod trading but greedy bastards will always pop up asking for a # of Platinum for there Trades, or people just flat buying there way out of everything.

Well it's a good thing that has literally zero impact on you what so ever.  Problem?

you can give platinum to people trough the trade post, if you want to trade it for something or just be nice and give spare plat to a friend.

the issue is people will exploit it somehow and will try to scam (can be avoided if your not being stupid and trade with plat with strangers)

I can see why some don't want it. Still, as you said, you have to be very careless to get scammed on this kind of stuff.

Thanks for the answer!

I wonder what is stopping people from farming plat via spamming new accounts?

Eh, i don't know... I'd say this about ends the issues that DE have been struggling about giving Platinum to free players. It's a nice way, let's the player set his own pace and will probably be remarkably slow. They have also made a LOT of rules that protect the gold farming (Although those A******s always manage to find a way.)

Hell, once i read that the Platinum you get trough trading cannot be re-traded then i though the system would not be so bad. It's just a way for free players to get a steady revenue for Platinum with it being still aquired for free... It's kind of a good move on DE's part.

This is the one smart thing DE did, which was to programmatically prevent the initial 50 free Plat, and any "gift" platinum from being transferable through the trade system. Assuming there aren't any bugs or exploits to be found and abused.

:L but I want a clan emblem.... and one way to get it is by giving the warloard plat....:L...it is not like I gonna use all my plats anyway....

theyve already said you cant trade your first 50 plat

No, because there is no real problem with this. It isn't a real money trade or anything. There is honestly no real problem with this unless a glitch screws something up which wouldn't be a problem with the system rather than a temporary incident.

I COULD boycott something that does not affect me... or I could just not do it and get the exact same effect without screwing all my other clanmates over.

I have 975 platinum that I'm not using. I don't see anything wrong with spreading some plat around to help my clanmates.

OP, in your infinite wisdom (I am being sarcastic here), you forgot that randoms can't access trading kiosks. What's wrong with clanmates helping clanmates? Or is that spirit of friendly cooperation limited to Spacebattler Tenno only?

IT'S MY DAMN PLATINUM, I'LL SPEND IT HOWEVER I WISH.

I hope you talked to your clan before you did that.  Otherwise you're a real jerk.

I don't see the issue with plat trading. We can already buy credits, keys, mods, warframes, slots, weapons, any resource, and so on with platinum... Not to mention speeding things up in the dojo or crafting and so on. Heaven forbid we can trade it.