Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titan Extractors. Are They Supposed To Be This Bad?

Masterofm

I just pulled up my titan extractor for the second time.  It's so far given me about 660 circuits and has 17/100 durability left on it I'm a little puzzled.  I pulled it up within five minutes of it completing the timer both times.

I spent 500 poly, 300 ferrite, 10k credits for 660'ish circuits.

What is going on?  Am I missing something here?  Is this working as intended?  If I actually completed missions in the system would the durability not have taken such massive hits?  Why did it remove only 33 the first time and then proceeded to remove 50 the 2nd?  Did I just get unlucky?

I didn't do missions at all and it was the same sector I placed the extractor so I'm quite bamboozled.  Would really like to know what is going on.

Edited by Masterofm

you can use the same titan extractor multiple times as long as it doesnt get destroyed.

and yes, i agree the reward for 4hrs is pitiful, but hey, you basically didnt do anything for it.

he did do something for it. He paid credits and materials for it which he had to farm. If it doesn't extract back at least mats and credits invested its not worth it to use it.

you can use the same titan extractor multiple times as long as it doesnt get destroyed.

and yes, i agree the reward for 4hrs is pitiful, but hey, you basically didnt do anything for it.

When it drops to 0/100 does it explode and I have to make a new one?  That is what I'm wondering.

Did you expect it to give you rare drops every time?

If you go to a planet and farm you get a rare res drop....um...rarely. The extractor is like a bonus res drop every four hours without having to play.

I don't expect anything.  I'm just wondering if they are even worth it.  I called back my extractor and tried to redeploy and it was at 17/100 still.  I'm wondering if I just invested 800 resources and 10k credits for that.

I don't actually care that I lost the resources, and I don't care that I didn't get any orokin cells or rare drops.  I just want to know what is going on so please don't assume that I'm complaining that it's not "giving me enough."  I already have 2.5 million credits and over 12k of basically every resource so I don't care if I just dropped stuff on a basically broken system.  I did however want to figure out what was going on.

When it drops to 0/100 does it explode and I have to make a new one?  That is what I'm wondering.

Yes.

In my experience, I have claimed resources from the extractor twice and gotten just over 1k salvage from it, which is good imo. Also mine has yet to receive any damage.

Haven't had one be damaged yet, but I'm also not sure what it's giving me when I claim. It feels like more effort to check than it's putting out.

I think they should be reworked into something you put on each (and every) planetary system you've completed, contributing towards dojo rooms & decorations. If you could contribute forma BPs to the vault, and let them complete those, too, I'd be fricken ecstatic.

I just collected from my first one and have no idea what it even gave. So I claimed it and re-deployed it. Not sure how to check its health, I assume the red bar after you deploy it? If so it ended up losing roughly 60% of its HP in the last 2hrs it had left.

The general consensus from people though is that its not worth using. We can't repair it, it averages about 1 run before getting destroyed and it apparently doesn't collect enough resources to replace itself.

At this rate, might be a while before it even makes up the mat cost, not to mention credit.

Its largely useless right now due to having a health limit, a collection limit, a time limit, and a planet limit.

IMO, way too limited to be useful, with subpar possibility at actually recouping your initial resources before its destroyed. And that's not even counting the credits. They should consider removing the health aspect or allowing you to actually repair it after extraction FREE OF CHARGE. Because it doesn't make much sense to spend even more mat when its barely making any to begin with.

Haven't had one be damaged yet, but I'm also not sure what it's giving me when I claim. It feels like more effort to check than it's putting out.

I think they should be reworked into something you put on each (and every) planetary system you've completed, contributing towards dojo rooms & decorations. If you could contribute forma BPs to the vault, and let them complete those, too, I'd be fricken ecstatic.

It shows you what you are being given when you hover over the claim button after the time is up.

Collected about 600 polymer bundles last run, about 500 ferrite before that. Seeing as it doesn't seem likely to get rare resources, and the resources it does get are low, I don't see caring about keeping up with it every 4 hours. If I could deploy multiple extractors at a time, maybe 2-4, then I would consider it worthwhile.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't worthless. I currently have quite a few resources and in just a handful of missions get way more than the extractor. But for those who cant play often, or want resources from planets they cant handle yet, this is a good answer.

Keep in mind that the higher level the planet you put it on the more likely it is to take damage.  Ive been using mine on earth and so far its undamaged for 3 payloads. (a few hundred rebedo/ferrite each time).

The description in the live stream didnt explain it all that well as I had the impression the longer you left it on a system the more resources you got but more chance of it getting damaged too.  Rather than the current way of leaving it on a node for the 4 hrs time and get the reward at the end of that time frame.

What's up with these huge claims? I am getting ~100 Rubido every 4 hours. (claimed twice), while i wanted at least 1 neurode. 

Some people seem to be using Titan Prime Extractors.  They seem to give a lot more resources.

There might be some difference between titan prime and non-primes.

I set a timer and the first time i picked it up at 4hours it was ~50% health and then again i set the timer and at 4 hours it was just destroyed, gone before i saw it.

there has to be some tweak to this.  Is it 4 hours and then it start taking damage?  if not when does it start taking damage?

if it's gonna randomly start taking damage and the yield is so low then  i need to be able to deploy multiple extractors.

really at this point after two drops i'm about to quit using it entirely as it's not really worth even the minimal effort put in for the frustration it's causing.

Edited by Agent_of_Change

Did you expect it to give you rare drops every time?

If you go to a planet and farm you get a rare res drop....um...rarely. The extractor is like a bonus res drop every four hours without having to play.

But you do have to play, that's precisely the problem.

If you logout of Warframe with one of these things running, it starts taking damage (doesn't seem to whilst you're logged in), so you can't just leave it on whilst you're at work or asleep or whatever.

It probably seems fine if you don't have a job/sleep, as I know is true of some people on the internets, but otherwise, it's kind of terrible, especially given how messed up resource drops are generally atm.