Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exp Scales With Enemy Level?

FableTale

Hey I actually wanted to make this thread because it doesn't really feel like exp scales with enemy levels. Last week, I had the affinity booster on and I have to say that it felt GREAT! Leveling up equipment felt so much more natural because you didn't have to kill 600 enemies to level up your level 24 weapon to 26. That's what bothered me about when it ended though. I started seeing that level 9 enemies like charger, gave about 47 exp. No biggie. Here's where I never really paid attention though. I was fighting level 35+ enemies and they gave about 52 exp.... okay there's something wrong here if enemies that can take more damage and dish back damage as well are only worth like 5 to 8 exp more. EXP doesn't really scale with enemy level that well and is why most people go to kappa (level 12-15) and not let's say kiste (level 24-27).

Are you guys satisfied with the way exp scales in this game? Or do you believe that it needs to be balanced?

fix it

just got out of a survival mission, got my &#! handed to me and barely made it to the exit

only to get a few thousand exp.

way too much effort for way too little reward

promptly logged off then moved the warframe icon into the trash can

(I'll take it back out later once it's thought about what its done)

fix it

just got out of a survival mission, got my &#! handed to me and barely made it to the exit

only to get a few thousand exp.

way too much effort for way too little reward

promptly logged off then moved the warframe icon into the trash can

(I'll take it back out later once it's thought about what its done)

Lol I actually got a great laugh out of that last part.

But yeah I don't even know if it's been brought up to DE that this might be just a tiny bit of a problem. It makes going to higher level places, unrewarding. Like -XeqtR said also how that level 2256 crewman would only give 574 affinity. I hope they have plans to balance it.

Exp is scaled based on level. Before they lowered all enemy levels there were enemies up to level 100 and up. Naturally they didn't compensate exp gain when they lowered the levels.

This. This is still the crux of the problem.

They changed the level scaling, but deliberately didn't update XP to compensate for it. And yes, I say "deliberately", because it was noticed immediately after U11 by a very vocal subset of the community. There have been 2.5 weeks since update 11, lots of threads complaining about how hard it is to level stuff now, several hotfixes (some with new stuff) have passed and the XP still does not match pre-U11 levels.

leveling weapons without boosters is a riduculously long process. Starting over with a shiny new weapon, without a booster, has put me off of warframe, honestly. It will take longer to level my next weapon, than the sum total of time i have played this game so far.

the length of the process will cause DE to lose new players. A booster is not P2W, eh?

Well, the balance Effort-reward in this game is horrible. Exp scale is one of the problems. Same mods/mats, doesn´t matter the mob level. You only have to see the last survival reward change. They give us a second key at 35. You have to play 5 min more, killing harder mobs for the same reward you have at min 15. Logic says, second key at 25 and every 10 min on same conditions of 15 min reward or, at 30 min but 100% T3 key.

Naturally they didn't compensate exp gain when they lowered the levels.

They changed the level scaling, but deliberately didn't update XP to compensate for it.

This.

Why?

43626328.jpg

Last time I did this, same image for "Droptables", I got my post deleted. Hope this one will last longer.

Edited by matto

that 180k u had there... was it with a booster?

They may bring now the argument that 2you can trade mods for plat and buy them" but... not  really. market is saturated with mods now - by heavy grinders. Casual players cant get anything sold unless its eally low price for rare items.

Thats 40 plat for.. 3 days? to boost.... makign enough plat with mods now takes waay longer. The prices have deflated.

Well as I said in the first post, the affinity booster feels amazing and my weapon level up much easier. Though I think for a balanced exp scaling, I'm thinking it should add 1 or 2 exp per enemy level? Would that be too much?

No, it would barely be enough to be honest. For example level 5 infested charger gives about 45 affinity, level 20 would then give 60. But it would be a lot stronger. Enemies scale in strength too. 

Yes, one more problem in Warframe. People don't play on outer planets because there is no right reward for doing so, it seems everybody is stuck on Apollodorus and Xini and doing alert missions in between and missions that give BP's always have players. You can easily reach rank 7 without playing a single mission on Pluto (or even Ceres) because you can't find any players there unless you get lucky to jump on the wagon with other 2-3 players who decided to go through all missions on Pluto. Even Phobos is deserted.

It's obvious that level=reward is not scaling good in Warframe at all.

Yes, one more problem in Warframe. People don't play on outer planets because there is no right reward for doing so, it seems everybody is stuck on Apollodorus and Xini and doing alert missions in between and missions that give BP's always have players. You can easily reach rank 7 without playing a single mission on Pluto (or even Ceres) because you can't find any players there unless you get lucky to jump on the wagon with other 2-3 players who decided to go through all missions on Pluto. Even Phobos is deserted.

Well that could be sorted out by allowing the infestion to spread and turn popular missions into infested territory, forcing players to reclaim the territory if they want to fight the original mobs. Of course those invasion type outbreaks would have to give significantly better loot.

I would play on Phobos to farm for Fever Strike if the elusive arid butcher ever spawned...

DAT is one hell of EXP you got right there

but seriously the bonus EXP is much better than before, so i guess i'm ok with EXP atm

Wait but those weapons are all level 30 though. Leveling up weapons is the problem here. Anyone can just go with maxed out equipment and start getting insane amounts of exp. But actually leveling a weapon or warframe and doing it, now that's too much.