Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Put Overextend Avalanche Back.

Oizen

Frost now has no Crowd control at all.

All he is now is a meh damage frame,

Whats worse is things are now unfreezing before you can even exit the casting animation yourself, and they're shooting you immediately. Avalanche is now trash.

He's not a tank

He's not a Crowd Control

He's not a Heavy Damager.

He's not even fast.

WHAT IS HE?

Edited by Oizen

YES PLEASE PUT THIS BACK

would +1 this a million times

i really enjoyed this skill as it was, why is it changed because a few people are whining about it as bug ? it wasnt game breaking at all in fact i never heard (saw) one single complaint about it in game 

if you want to remove freeze duration from avalanche then lets remove stasis duration from rhino stomp, if thats how its going to be EH

You can get the same, if not better results with the same build with any other frame with an good Ult, but instead of just feezing, they actually die.

Works with Rhino, Volt, Nova (Especially Nova), Oberon, you name it.

But Frost isn't allowed to have good skills.

I loved Avalanche the way it was, it made up for the nerf in Snow Globe. To be honest, it made Frost more fun to play with with an Avalanche build rather than staying in one place planting Snow Globes. Now I think I'm just done with Frost, he is getting "fixed" into oblivion.

YEAH +100000000

Just realize when playing this event. require heavy shield. so i pick ma frost prime.
andd ~~ spam the avalance that USED TO frozen ppl in 35 meter way long in 5 seconds
andd~~ the disappointment came.

the avalanche CANNOT frozen enemy anymore with RANGE mod.

EVEN with DURATION mod. nothing different. the damage is instant. cast it and boom.

REVERT BACK PLEASE :((

im playing overextended and strecth and now . .
i dont know what to mod him :((

Okay okay... so what actually happened? I didn't see any Avalanche or Frost changes in the patch notes.

no its was stealth fixed/nerfed there is no mention of it

there was only a intent to fix here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/189393-frost-ultimate-delay/page-2#entry2208518

i tested the wild chance that duration mods might have been changed to affect it but no, there is literally nothing useful u can do with frost now until this gets reverted 

Okay okay... so what actually happened? I didn't see any Avalanche or Frost changes in the patch notes.

Got ninja fixed.

Having overextend used to cause Avalanche to give a nice 5 second freeze to everything affected by it.

That was removed secrelty in this patch, and now avalanche is back to being useless.

I don't rage often, but this is getting ridiculous. What abysmally foolish person took this off? You really don't want us to play this Warframe, do you? Please put this back! Damage doesn't effing scale in your game, so stop ruining perfectly good Warframes by making them damage 'Frames.

Edited by TheSeannachaidh

Posted this in another thread, but I'm reposting it here since this thread seems much better constructed:

"Yeah I was wondering what happened....his five second stun is just gone...completely. Even OBERON (OBERON...cmon...) is better than Frost now. This is just sad. Very sad.

CC was the only thing he had left and now its gone.

I tried experimenting with max power duration, but even THEN- no stun.

Completely worthless...just as I was starting to like Frost again too. If they left Avalanche alone, at least I could have seen him become an AMAZING support frame..but nooooooo."

Yea frost got nerfed really hard by this. Hes back to a one trick pony that has been severely crippled and broken. Frost got nerfed So hard he's not even in this dimension anymore.

Bring back his CC avalanche DE.

I'm not going to throw insults out, be cause that gets no where. But I do have to say, that removing the freeze effect from avalanche is a questionable decision.

Since Frost isn't known to be a dmg dealer, why not have his avalanche do very little dmg, and keep the freeze effect. After the freeze ends, all enemies affected will be afflicted with the traditional Cold dmg effect?

-Jin

I dont usually complain or post in forums much...but this avalanche nerf made me really sad I felt a thump in my heart. That ''Absolute Zero'' Avalanche was awsome it was frosts signature ability in my opinion. Does DE really think Frost is fine with this?  Hes inferior in pretty much everything now...

I'm not going to throw insults out, be cause that gets no where. But I do have to say, that removing the freeze effect from avalanche is a questionable decision.

Since Frost isn't known to be a dmg dealer, why not have his avalanche do very little dmg, and keep the freeze effect. After the freeze ends, all enemies affected will be afflicted with the traditional Cold dmg effect?

-Jin

B-but he already does very little damage.

DE made a mistake in thinking this bug was unbalanced- it was balanced by the fact that you were limited to ONE cast per rotation ( you couldn't spam it for the freeze effect), meaning that the player was forced to use it in a decisive manner. A well placed avalanche could buy enough time for your team to annihilate the enemy. A poorly placed one would turn the match in the favour of the enemy.

This nerf has actually LOWERED the amount of thought and creativity it takes to play Frost- and that's almost an even bigger loss than his stun.

Edited by Sanillo

B-but he already does very little damage.

DE made a mistake in thinking this bug was unbalanced- it was balanced by the fact that you were limited to ONE cast per rotation ( you couldn't spam it for the freeze effect), meaning that the player was forced to use it in a decisive manner. A well placed avalanche could buy enough time for your team to annihilate the enemy. A poorly placed one would turn the match in the favour of the enemy.

This nerf has actually LOWERED the amount of thought and creativity it takes to play Frost- and that's almost an even bigger loss than his stun.

Then perhaps his Ice Wave should be his dmg ability. I think every Warframe needs at least one dmg ability, (mnus Loki) and Ice Wave would be a good candidate.

Freeze for single-target CC.

Ice Wave for dmg.

Snow Globe for area defense.

Avalanche for wide radial CC.

I think that's a good setup for him, but that's me.

-Jin

Then perhaps his Ice Wave should be his dmg ability. I think every Warframe needs at least one dmg ability, (mnus Loki) and Ice Wave would be a good candidate.

Freeze for single-target CC.

Ice Wave for dmg.

Snow Globe for area defense.

Avalanche for wide radial CC.

I think that's a good setup for him, but that's me.

-Jin

I actually feel the opposite.

Every frame has their own niche. For me, whenever I think of Frost the first thing that comes to mind is CC. CC everywhere.

Why do you take Frost over anyone else? You do it when you need CC.

1- Single Target Freeze (amazing for bosses)

2- AoE Slow and Attack Speed Reduction (great for survival, capture, and infestation)

3- Snow Globe: Safe Haven ability- not even one I think is particularily necessary, I'm actually fine with it being weak, throw it down when reviving or a team-mate is casting a channel.

4- AoE Stun. At least, this is what it should be. It doesn't even need to deal damage. Frosts primary selling point should be that he can stall. If you need someone to defend the squishy- get Frost. If you need to keep a horde at bay- get Frost. If you want to galatinecopter into a mass of flesh and survive- get Rhino.

Frost should be the defensive answer to Banshee in the support department.

If Frost is allowed to do this, just imagine how many new options open up. No longer would you need a Rhino, or a Nova curb-stomping everything.

By having the availability of a CC-frame, options like Ember, Valkyr, and Sayrn become available; because they have a teammate that helps them do what they do best. I'm fairly certain that even Oberon might be able to see some action in this set-up.

Hell, the only reason Nova and Rhino are even so popular (in my opinion) is because of how SAFE they are, and lets not forget that the reason we even had to nerf Frost in the first place is BECAUSE he let these frames become even MORE safe. By shifting his support power off of Snow Globe he actually gains a lot more depth and "fun"- and makes other Frames viable.

Like this though...he's really just a mess.

Edited by Sanillo

Either way, keep this on the front page, and I'm sure someone at DE will see it eventually.

Seeing as how quickly the "bug" was fixed in the first place, it seems at least to me, that this could be very easy to fix, or implement as a legitimate change to the skill.

I would recommend calming down at the moment. I'm fairly certain someone will be by to address the problem. Who knows, we might even see a proper tweak occur next week.

Until then though, our best bet is to keep posting on this issue.

I actually feel the opposite.

Every frame has their own niche. For me, whenever I think of Frost the first thing that comes to mind is CC. CC everywhere.

Why do you take Frost over anyone else? You do it when you need CC.

1- Single Target Freeze (amazing for bosses)

2- AoE Slow and Attack Speed Reduction (great for survival, capture, and infestation)

3- Snow Globe: Safe Haven ability- not even one I think is particularily necessary, I'm actually fine with it being weak, throw it down when reviving or a team-mate is casting a channel.

4- AoE Stun. At least, this is what it should be. It doesn't even need to deal damage. Frosts primary selling point should be that he can stall. If you need someone to defend the squishy- get Frost. If you need to keep a horde at bay- get Frost. If you want to galatinecopter into a mass of flesh and survive- get Rhino.

Frost should be the defensive answer to Banshee in the support department.

If Frost is allowed to do this, just imagine how many new options open up. No longer would you need a Rhino, or a Nova curb-stomping everything.

By having the availability of a CC-frame, options like Ember, Valkyr, and Sayrn become available; because they have a teammate that helps them do what they do best. I'm fairly certain that even Oberon might be able to see some action in this set-up.

Hell, the only reason Nova and Rhino are even so popular (in my opinion) is because of how SAFE they are, and lets not forget that the reason we even had to nerf Frost in the first place is BECAUSE he let these frames become even MORE safe. By shifting his support power off of Snow Globe he actually gains a lot more depth and "fun"- and makes other Frames viable.

Like this though...he's really just a mess.

I agree he should be the defensive version of Banshee.

1. Should be like Sonic Boom, but a freeze. So a conal freeze or a long range freeze with AoE. The single target is nonsense and why it needs damage like Ember's fire blast I have no idea.

2. Ice wave is great for slowing etc. In a perfect world, it would leave an ice path that speeds up allies (or just Frost). Just to give him an ability to keep up on the mobile missions.

3. Snowglobe should be the "Let's sit them out" button. Seeing as it now has a damage cap, how about every enemy that shoots the globe gets slowed for x amount of seconds, and is refreshed every time they shoot. And that enemies in the globe are frozen when the globe crashes? This way all enemies that were OUTSIDE the globe are still slowed (movement and attack) and enemies that were INSIDE the globe are now frozen. This gives the globe some great CC as well as a buffer to get your globe up again.

4. Avalanche should simply have the old freeze that you got with "overextended" returned and accentuated with duration mods.

When I think of Frost, I think of a frame that freezes enemies and allows you to chop them in half without them even knowing what happened.

Now what did you make Frost become?  You made a generic frame that does NOTHING unique.  Why even name it frost?  Basically Oberon's ulti, Neglect-able snow globe, and Ember's Fireball merged into a frame.  I had no problem whatsoever with the snow globe nerf because the Ulti did good CC with the bug.  For it to be effective, power strength had to be reduced in favour of range.  Now that was BALANCED.  A frame that can FREEZE monsters for a duration while doing moderate damage.  What it did was balance Frost's useless snow globe with the bugged ult CC.