* Fanart Codex Contest Entry
aaaa i am so nervous ;o;

MAY 2014
* Valkyr: Relaxation

* Nova

* Silent Descent: Part 1

- 5/1/14 - Valkyrie, Stained Red

warframe28.jpg

Drawn on the 1st, posted today ... well, you get the idea.

I had originally planned on making this a lot more of an image, from Infested bodies splattered across the ground to all kinds of other chaos and hilarity. I spent a lot of time on it, drawing and coloring on livestreams and such, though I found myself fiddling with it in perpetuity and never actually finishing the darn thing. While I could enjoy messing with the drawing for hours, I had some commission work to do and I felt that I had hit a pretty good point where I was, even missing some of the Scindo details. I know I made the axe too large but I wanted something that was equal parts massive and angry and felt upscaling the thing was a good alternative.

(And have you ever noticed how Valkyr's suit is flayed open it looks like she could've had wings?!)

oh how i wonder on these things ( '-') ~~~~~ *

APRIL 2014
- 4/28/14 - MS Paint Contest Entry: Essence of the Sneaky Cat

paint-valkyr.png

Livestreamed drawing this one on [DE]Megan's orders LOL

- 4/16/14 - Lotus Unrestrained

warframe25.jpg
Drawn during today's livestream. Originally I had put an Akstiletto in one of her hands, but then I thought about it and went with one of the Dex Furis set instead. I thought about trying to scrawl up a "Dex Dakra" since I tend to draw her wielding or carrying the Dakra Prime (it always feels like the kind of sword a commander would carry) but the angle at which I put the blade would make it hard to represent properly.

I thought of what it would be like if one of the Tenno's enemies had actually made it far enough to reach Lotus herself; while I hold the idea that she is a plural being it would obviously be damaging to their operations should even one "unit" be put in danger. That said, even if her role is typically to advise, observe, and direct her charges, it would be outright silly if she were not able to defend herself.

edit: Featured on Prime Time. Thank you for another feature! :)

THE SWORD ALONE BOAT OF CRAZY SPACE PEOPLE

wf-extra12a.jpg

The excitement is ramping up. Hype-steria is climbing.

Yes, Excalibur has a chicken on his head.

4/07/14 - Banshee

warframe22.jpg

Finished for now, unless I suddenly find myself running back and editing it somewhere down the road... again. @o@
Featured on Prime Time #25! Thanks DE Rebecca, Megan, and everyone! :)

4/02/14 - "It's the Grinegg."
Just when you thought it was safe to shop at Darvo's new chain candy store for Easter, the lone Tenno operative received an emergency communique from the Lotus. In the most dire of voices, she said...
"There's a heavy confection approaching... it's the Grinegg."

wf-grinegg.jpg

MARCH 2014

3/26/14
THE COUNTDOWN TO EMBER PRIME

THE START

wf-extra07.jpg

DAY 1
I forgot to do one :(
DAY 2

wf-extra08.jpg

THE FINALE

wf-extra10.jpg

WORK IN PROGRESS - WARCHER

warcher-WIP03.jpg

I've done a bit more since this, ultimately Lotus is done if I stop going back and making tweaks to the helmet over and over and over. Left to right: Excalibur, Mag, Loki as Archer, Saryn down below, Ember, and Lotus.

RAY HEK
"Aw dukes, it's the Tenno. ... And they brought GUNS?!! Double dukes!!"

wf-extra09.jpg

THIS IS ENTIRELY DE_REBECCA'S FAULT. I SWEAR. THIS IS WHAT SHE DOES TO ME.
THIS IS WHY WE HAVE ANTS.

3/21/14

Happy Valkyr is Happy
I realize that she was not talked about at length but Valkyr was brought up during the devstream and my instant reaction was:

wf-extra06.jpg

i really like valkyr :( :( :(

SARYN

warframe18.jpg

ATTN: (PS4)potatobug12

I don't always do requests, but it might happen when it's Saryn. Or Valkyr. Or Lotus. Or Nyx. Or Ember.
you get the point ;o;

3/19/14
"En Route"

warframe19.jpg

It's a little more sketchy than my usual watercolor monochromes, sorry about that.

Lotus and her Dakra Prime are back, keeping a nervous and loyal Valkyr calm before she is set loose on the enemies of the Tenno. Mission parameters scroll along a holographic HUD.

BONUS ROUND: Attack on Stalker

wf-extra05.jpg

what is wrong with me

MARCH 2014

WORK IN PROGRESS - "Warcher"

warframe17.jpg

I watched season 4 as a marathon over the last couple of evenings. It's one of those things that just ... popped in there. Honestly, it was either this or Vauban doing one of Kreiger's Rush-homage van murals. And yes. Excalibur is totally Cyril.

"The Usual Suspects"

warframe16.jpg

Valkyr and Saryn. I have to admit I was kind of tempted to crib Casardis' fantastic Saryn design with scales and the like across the brow, but I stuck with the "golden veins" that I've had running across faces. Sadly, it doesn't show up that well with monochrome...

MINEFRAME: The terror returns from beyond the Herobrine.
SKETCH: Mag Looked at the StalkEnder - 3/7/14

wf-extra01.jpg

SKETCH: Lotus does not like pixellation - 3/7/14 (featured on DE_Rebecca's twitter! :D My reaction, make sure you put on Queen's "Flash" before you click that.)

wf-extra02.jpg

SKETCH: If those do not warm your heart, hopefully Valkyr jumpkicking a Creeper does

wf-extra03.jpg

FEBRUARY 2014

The Hysteric - 2/24/14
DevStream #23: Can't Unsee - 2/21/14
Valkyr - Rage at Rest - 2/20/14

The next few are in the same thread, but I provided individual links to the relevant posts.

Lotus: Prepared to Command
Stupid Sexy Lotus ;o;
Arise, Tenno. - 2/10/14 (Featured on Prime Time! :)
Valkyr - Never Back Down

Edited by feralknights

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All of this fan art is awesome.

How is this thread not more popular?

There is some awesome stuff here. 

Damn the community is talented.

Thank you both very much! :D

You should tell your Banshee to teach my Banshee how yours keeps her hair so pretty.

Keep up the good work~!

A good all-natural shampoo that does not involve any kind of clone-gene products and turns down the Corpus' animal testing practices.

That said, updated. ^o^

Banshee looks awesome man!

Slightly too much cyan color used. Still awesome.

Thank you both!  And yeah, I do agree-- though I was, amusingly, using almost exactly the color palette I use in the game with Banshee, haha.  The lighting in the actual game makes it work a little bit better. @_@

Awesomeness meter intesifies!

No, for real - it looks very god damn awesome.

:D Banshee too! 

that's awesome, wasn't expecting the blonde/white hair though, very interesting. But Great Job feralknights you've done it again

Thank you both! :D

Holy- I've totally seen you on tumblr, i followed you a few days ago. Nice art!

Excellent.  MY LEGEND GROWS, AND SO DOES MY POWER.  (lol thank you)