Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This "broken Light" Problem Is Getting A Bit Out Of Hand.

nitroz76

Personally I don't find much sense in those. What is their goal?

Damage is weird, seems like sometimes you get oneshotted, other you don't even see the damage.

The flash before was annoying as hell, now is almost nothing, thus useless.

I just hope DE didn't made them up based on the purpose to annoy the player because that would be...annoying, as a concept.

Also, if this is a mean to prevent rushing, you are doing it really wrong, because generally they hit rushers as much as normal player, especially when they are behind doors or corners. 

I would like them replaced with a sort of Grineer tesla, a trap camuflaged-or-not as a lamp that shoots a continuous stream of electricity to a single target in a certain range without that silly flash effect.

However I don't mind my suggestion, I just think this whole lamp concept needs to change.

Edited by Odadda

they should be changed.   to a point.  Because when you start a mission you can get zapped. and when you walk through a door. a broken lamp could be on the other side that can't be destroyed till you are in the room. yet entering the room zaps you. the hazards are a good idea. but poorly executed at this moment in thime

Edited by ShirowMasamune

What bothers me is that the light source is connected to such a powerful energy source, a standard lamp today only use one half watt (where it used to be 60 watt for the same light), the future would probably have no electricity turned into heat. So a lamp that shines an entire hallway may still only use 1 watt. Why not connect the lamps to long lasting weak batteries instead of the ships powergrid? It seems like poor engineering. They can build space ships but can't set up an electric grid? Common.

Just call the "broken lights" "electric traps" and be done with it. It makes sense that Grineer would put traps on their ship.

If they are to slow/prevent rushers they fail miserably because of the unavoidable aspect of them.

If you cannot avoid them, then why even look for them in the first place?

I ran an Alert last night on the Galleon and some new player got killed before we even left the spawn room.

WTG DE tick off new players so they quit playing from the get go.

Edited by Mickey1779

Yeah, I was done with the broken lights after playing one mission on the Galleon tileset...

I would not mind having some kind of equivalent to the Corpus cameras and turrets on the Grineer tilesets, but the broken lights are just annoying. They are fine when you can see them before you get in range so you can destroy them first. But they just as often spawn in places that this is not possible, and then they just become pointless and unavoidable extra damage.

The patch notes said they do half damage now, but I find they do a lot more than before. Running with trinity with link on, one discharge can outright kill a bunch of level 20 infested up ahead. With link off, it takes a big bite out my health.

I'm not even gonna risk running my no health, no shield Loki through those.

If they are to slow/prevent rushers they fail miserably because of the unavoidable aspect of them.

If you cannot avoid them, then why even look for them in the first place?

I ran an Alert last night on the Galleon and some new player got killed before we even left the spawn room.

WTG DE tick off new players so they quit playing from the get go.

You dont seem to understand.

Picture this: you are in a nightmare mission, no shields penalty. The room you spawn in kills you. You don't even get to move. GG.

Edit:

Also, if you just started playing and your first experience was to get insta killed by a lamp you can't see (because you are new to the game and dont know what/where anything is) i can completely understand why you wouldn't play again.

Edit 2:

I can't read.

Edited by IANOBW

The broken lights thing is one good reason to stop playing warframe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just did infestation invasion survival and I had 50 shield and 250 health with Trinity.

I thought "Fine, lets do Blessing behind that door"

I couldn´t even think of something that is the worst, deadliest and most lame thing in warframe:

BROKEN LIGHTS

Next moment I was dead.

One minute later.

I was walking again through the map thinking to use blessing again with 100 shield and 270 health.

Now I thought "Let´s NOT go through that door." Then I saw a corner with NO light next to it.

I walked in and then A ****ING LIGHTNING CAME FROM LIKE 30 METERS FROM THE OTHER SIDE AND KILLED ME AGAIN.

*Rage quit with the longest FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.... in the world*

The broken lights thing is one good reason to stop playing warframe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just did infestation invasion survival and I had 50 shield and 250 health with Trinity.

I couldn´t even think of something that is the worst, deadliest and most lame thing in warframe:

BROKEN LIGHTS

Next moment I was dead.

One minute later.

I was walking again through the map thinking to use blessing again with 100 shield and 270 health.

Now I thought "Let´s NOT go through that door." Then I saw a corner with NO light next to it.

I walked in and then A ****ING LIGHTNING CAME FROM LIKE 30 METERS FROM THE OTHER SIDE AND KILLED ME AGAIN.

You think this is bad? I went into a nightmare mission with a no shield penalty and died when I spawned in.

Yeah.

If it were down to me, the lights would damage shields ONLY... and at that they wouldn't be doing half the damage that they are doing right now. ~400 unpreventable damage is ludicrous.

Edited by IANOBW

The patch notes said they do half damage now, but I find they do a lot more than before. Running with trinity with link on, one discharge can outright kill a bunch of level 20 infested up ahead. With link off, it takes a big bite out my health.

I'm not even gonna risk running my no health, no shield Loki through those.

Agreed on this, the damage definitely got buffed. I was leveling up my old Excalibur (level 7, no shield or health mods), and I was downed twice on Saturn infestation missions by lights. But get this, the lights were one-hit kills. Stripped 170 shields and 150 health instantly. If it's at a point where the lights can one-shot new frames, then i think we've got a problem.

The broken lights just need to be removed and replaced with something that makes sense.

Look at the Grineer forces.

How many of them use electricity?

Now look at the Corpus forces.

Wouldn't any form of tesla trap work *far* better with the Corpus than they ever would with the Grineer?

Further they need to be completely re-worked so that you can avoid them with skill....not be forced to just tank the damage.

As for replacing them:

-Steam vents that randomly blast out damaging steam

-Turrets of various types with a laser pointer tracker (bullets, missiles, flame throwers, blades)

-Pressure plats that trigger spikes or blades or anything

-Leaking containers of toxic goop (less trap and more hazard but still fits in)

There are lots of options that would fit in with the Grineer a *lot* better than the broken lights. They would also be possible to see and avoid with skill and not be cheap shots.

The broken lights just need to be removed and replaced with something that makes sense.

Look at the Grineer forces.

How many of them use electricity?

Now look at the Corpus forces.

Wouldn't any form of tesla trap work *far* better with the Corpus than they ever would with the Grineer?

Further they need to be completely re-worked so that you can avoid them with skill....not be forced to just tank the damage.

As for replacing them:

-Steam vents that randomly blast out damaging steam

-Turrets of various types with a laser pointer tracker (bullets, missiles, flame throwers, blades)

-Pressure plats that trigger spikes or blades or anything

-Leaking containers of toxic goop (less trap and more hazard but still fits in)

There are lots of options that would fit in with the Grineer a *lot* better than the broken lights. They would also be possible to see and avoid with skill and not be cheap shots.

Im not sure if 'sense' is the important issue here. The real problem is that they do enough damage to instant-kill most new players/low level frames.

And keep in mind that these lights don't level scale (at least not to my knowlege) and they can appear on Mercury.

Agreed on this, the damage definitely got buffed. I was leveling up my old Excalibur (level 7, no shield or health mods), and I was downed twice on Saturn infestation missions by lights. But get this, the lights were one-hit kills. Stripped 170 shields and 150 health instantly. If it's at a point where the lights can one-shot new frames, then i think we've got a problem.

After reading all this "broken light" crap I am glad I am on the PS4 and don't have that yet.  One shotting a Rank 7 frame of any kind is ridiculous let alone having walls full of these things.  On another note after reading this I think the next Tenno Reinforcement should be a broken lightbulb.  I am thinking that just brandishing such a destructive weapon would make the enemy flee in terror!

BROKEN LIGHTS

Next moment I was dead.

One minute later.

You are in a game where everything try to murder/burn destroy you and you run a survival with 100 shield and 270 health... Just lol

It's not because it is (was) do able that's it's not stupid to run without shield/health in a shooter ARPG...

This forum is full of whinner that want to run full offensive with mods and are always crying that things are hard : I never gone on any mission without redirection/vitality on every frame I have, even on Nova, even on Rhino !

For me it's like going on mission without serration on my rifle...

I've never been bothered at all by these "lights", hmm, 200 less shield, no problemo I have plenty left.

This game give the possibility to run any game without any health/shield even without any mods on anything, but take it on you when you are down by YOUR fault. The game as not to be blamed for your mistake...

They're traps. Rigged to inflict damage, go figure.

Guess what? DE don't want you rushing their maps and I support them fully.

It bothers me to no end that I have to fit speed/stam mods just to keep up with zorendorksTM and speedmonkeysTM.

Maybe if people didn't treat extraction like 12 year olds to a finish line, DE Grineer wouldn't need to use traps.

They're traps. Rigged to inflict damage, go figure.

Guess what? DE don't want you rushing their maps and I support them fully.

It bothers me to no end that I have to fit speed/stam mods just to keep up with zorendorksTM and speedmonkeysTM.

Maybe if people didn't treat extraction like 12 year olds to a finish line, DE Grineer wouldn't need to use traps.

The problem is that they instakill new players and unleveled frames... that shouldn't happen.

I couldn't care less about the rushers, they can go on ahead and get killed all they like. But broken light traps are not the solution. You don't see corpus doors one-shotting newbies. Why should grineer traps that can be found even on Mercury (THE FIRST EFFING PLANET) be able to do so?