Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This "broken Light" Problem Is Getting A Bit Out Of Hand.

nitroz76

one of the grineer defense maps had like 6 lamps in close proximity - even with the reduced stats i was dead before i knew what hit me.

In the room with the central column with lockers inside, I found 8 within a 3 meter radius, and that wasn't even all of the ones in the room!

Personally I think that this is a terrible mechanic, most of the time the lights are in a position that is difficult to see while  you are moving around or fighting, the damage they do seems random from nothing to instant killing me, they feel unavoidable and they add nothing to the game. What was the the intended function of the lights, to be a hazard, to make us go through the level slower, to punish the player in the front of the pack? Broken lights are a broken mechanic that add no value to your game, they're annoying and should just be removed, if you want to add traps or hazards be clever about it and make the kind of traps Grineer would set, not just frustrating light flashes and random pointless damage.

If they are to slow/prevent rushers they fail miserably because of the unavoidable aspect of them.

If you cannot avoid them, then why even look for them in the first place?

I ran an Alert last night on the Galleon and some new player got killed before we even left the spawn room.

WTG DE tick off new players so they quit playing from the get go.

After being zapped by 3 in a row, I noticed that it wasn't coming from light fixtures. Then I found a bunch more.

I have taken a Saryn with 375 hp and sheild... and got shocked 20 times in one mission. DID NOT DIE ONCE, the lights are not as dangerious as you think they are.

Your experience doesn't invalidate that of other people. And it's a known fact that Saryn is one of the most heavily-armored frames in the game.

I have taken a Saryn with 375 hp and sheild... and got shocked 20 times in one mission. DID NOT DIE ONCE, the lights are not as dangerious as you think they are.

You took damage to your shield -.- try it on a frame with little no shields and armour (saryn is highly armoured) and see what you think.

Keep in mind that not every light will do the stupid amounts of damage people are talking about.

***Rhino alert***

You clearly haven't had the experience of being taken down from 375 to 0 health in one hit by a lamp. Please take time to do so (it's not hard), then come back and voice your opinion on it. You'll know exactly what the ruk-uss is about.

Last patch they halved the lights damage.

It's still ridiculous though.

No its not, your just using a frame that is to low level to be in that area. If you don't like the lights, GO TO A CORPUS PLANET! easy solution. >_>

"If you don't like this highly-unpopular feature, then just avoid 50% of the content in the game!"

geebus ppl

THEY JUST GOT NERFED

and they're (the DEvs) using placeholder textures atm, since apparently that wasn't obvious to some

threads like this make me think either DE needs to turn a deaf ear to 99% of the community or that Warframe should have stayed in CLOSED BETA for another year b4 "releasing" it to the ..... masses =/

"If you don't like this highly-unpopular feature, then just avoid 50% of the content in the game!"

No, if you are using a low enough level frame that your dieing to the lights, you probably are in a to high level area. Stay away from levels with light traps if you can't handle them!

its the same as saying If you can't handle Void lasers Don't do the void.

geebus ppl

THEY JUST GOT NERFED

and they're (the DEvs) using placeholder textures atm, since apparently that wasn't obvious to some

threads like this make me think either DE needs to turn a deaf ear to 99% of the community or that Warframe should have stayed in CLOSED BETA for another year b4 "releasing" it to the ..... masses =/

Most of these people are angry newbies using level 10 frames. There whining that there level 10 Excalibur can't handle Saturn traps, they don't understand that if you can't handle a mission you probably are to low level to be doing the mission. >_>

Edited by Feallike

No its not, your just using a frame that is to low level to be in that area. If you don't like the lights, GO TO A CORPUS PLANET! easy solution. >_>

I main Rhino. As in, level 30 potato'd Rhino Prime with maxed shields and 12 energy iron skin.

I've never actually died to lights, but I recognize this is purely because I'm a card carrying member of the Rhino master race. There's no skill involved in surviving the lights. It's purely a matter of luck whether you run into multiple unavoidable lights hidden in rafters or on the other side of doors in one room, and from there, luck as to whether you're running a low shield frame like Loki or something beefy enough to take those hits.

Hence ridiculous. There's no skill involved and it punishes less durable frames even though they're supposed to be high risk and high reward.

Also, lol, Saturn is a low level area. If level 10 Excals are dying there (Saturn's level is generally 10-15 FYI, so intuitively those newbies are right where they belong), something is wrong. We're not talking Ceres or something here.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

I main Rhino. As in, level 30 potato'd Rhino Prime with maxed shields and 12 energy iron skin.

I've never actually died to lights, but I recognize this is purely because I'm a card carrying member of the Rhino master race. There's no skill involved in surviving the lights. It's purely a matter of luck whether you run into multiple unavoidable lights hidden in rafters or on the other side of doors in one room, and from there, luck as to whether you're running a low shield frame like Loki or something beefy enough to take those hits.

Hence ridiculous. There's no skill involved and it punishes less durable frames even though they're supposed to be high risk and high reward.

There is a mod for reducing lightning damage... put that on if you can't handle it.

Those things are making the whole galleon tileset unplayable.

They make no sense either from a logical (broken lights generate multi-million watt arcs of pure lightning now?) or gameplay (unavoidable instant guided damage with mostly hidden sources ) standpoint and they're just horribly annoying in a bad way.

If DE wanted to add hazards they could have done something like exposed reactors generating radiation or rare malfunctioning doors that try to crush you.

its the same as saying If you can't handle Void lasers Don't do the void.

Void lasers are avoidable and have clear, easily identified and localized sources.

The broken lights don't and are inherently stupid (broken lights zapping people, for more damage than rockets, somehow not "targeting" enemies etc. And they're all over the damn place in every room.

Edited by Caernarvon

At first I was indifferent to them, but last couple of days they are starting to get annoying enough that I've considered not doing any grineer missions anymore. 

The issue I have with them is not the damage, the flash or anything...it's being zapped by too many of them in a short time span and angle and range that they zap you from.   Sometimes they are unavoidable as you either can't see them until you are in range to be zapped or they are at an angle which you can't really shoot them ahead of time and you just get zapped trying to get in range and an angle to shoot at them.    Then where there are 2 or 3 of them lined up really close, you have to hope no enemies spawn nearby or you'll die instantly between the hazards zapping you and the enemies shooting you.

On a low ranked frame, you are pretty much forced to walking speed if you don't want to be 1 or 2 shotted...I pretty much feared the hazards more than a room full of enemies when I was leveling up nyx again.

And I'm sorry DE but it really is getting old that frames are being killed extremely easy by their very own element.   Volt is surging electricity from every pore of his body, yet a grineer electrical hazard is deadlier to him than anyone else because speed makes him so fast that he can run into hazards faster than most.  Not only that, but if you have to watch out for hazards, but your using speed, you have to slow down to make sure you can find the hazards (and stop to kill the energy doors).    So these hazards seem to just make speed useless on grineer tiles that are not survival.

There is a mod for reducing lightning damage... put that on if you can't handle it.

Ah yes, the difficult to find and generally ineffective lightning rod mod. Asking players to give up a slot in their build just to deal with a crappy game mechanic is a wonderful solution. What, are you going to suggest they put on warm coat next?