Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Queries On The Badlands

Loswaith

OK so dev stream 26 talked a good chunk about the badlands, inspiring me with a few questions.

I'm sure most of these questions will only be able to be answered by the devs.

1. How many alliances can a single clan be part of (as opposed to how many clans can be part of a single alliance)?

2. Given the cost of solar rails/towers wont scale, how are alliances going to be able to contribue to an individual clan building one?

3. With alliances contributing to building the Solar rails, which clan within that alliance is going to then be getting the tithe/tax earnings?

4. Who fits the bills for the battlepay? Where is that payment drawn from?

5. Can you swap ownership of a solar-rail within the same alliance?

6. Can clans within the same alliance contest a node against each other?

7. How will towers/rails 'degrade', thus requiring repairs?  Who within the alliance fits the bill for the repairs?

Feel free to add your own to the pool.

Edited by Loswaith

there is no limit to the amount of clans but there is cap on the combined members of the alliance it is 3000 members per alliance

I got that, its more about how many alliances one clan can belong to.  Not how many clans can be part of one alliance (edited to clarify).

Edited by Loswaith

1. Dunno. I imagine a cap will eventually occur. Might take a bit before DE decides on it.

2. Unknown.

3. Clan that builds the Rail owns the Rail based on what has been seen. Special interactions between Alliance allies and Clan owned Rails - if there is any - are yet to be seen.

4. Unknown.

5. Unknown.

6. That'd be pretty counter intuitive. I imagine not.

7. Once a Rail is contested mission run against your Rail will cause it to take damage. It has health, as players run missions against it the health drains. Once your rail is no longer contested you must front some materials and credits for repairs. 

Is this actual information or supposition on your part?  If actual information please add links to where it is explained, as after much searching I've found no hard info on any of it.

While being conunter intuative is a posibility for not to do something, warframe has its fair share of things that are counter intuative, so we cant rule anything out on those grounds.

Thanks for the replies though.

Edited by Loswaith

I kinda wanna know if an alliance will ever be able to pull resources out of the clan "vault" for other purposes like giving it to members to build weapons/frame? Other wise what would be the point of having anything but the bare necessity in tax to fix up a almost completely damaged rail?

Does the tax give resources split amongst all the clans in the alliance or is it just to the clan that started the rail/alliance?

there is no limit to the amount of clans but there is cap on the combined members of the alliance it is 3000 members per alliance

Wouldn't this mean there is actually a limit of 3000 1 person clans then?

These answers are just all just speculation on my part.

1.  I am guessing that one clan can only be a part of one alliance.  If a clan is allowed to be part of mutiple alliances, even as low as two there will be no clear divisions between alliances and therefore nobody to contest against.  Each alliance must be completely separated or there will be a web of interconnected conflicting interests.

2.  There are a couple of possibilities of how this could work.  

a. There can be a main clan that acts as the administrative head of the alliance, and only they have the ability to assign where a solar rail goes.  When they start building, all the orokin research rooms in all the clan allow member clans to contribute to that rail.

b.  Any clan within the alliance can start a solar rail.  Once a clan starts building, it is added to a list of all rails being built within the alliance and any clan in the same alliance can contribute to any rail on that list.

3. I imagine that not all the earnings will go to one clan though it may be.  It doesn't encourage member clans of an alliance to help eachother though, which would be a shame.  It could be divided eaqully among clans, percentage based on tier, equally among members. Who knows.

4. Battlepay is given to anybody who completed the mission/s much like grineer and corpus invasions.  Im not sure if you would need to complete it only once though.  Battlepay may be drawn from a clan/ alliance vault or maybe a percentage of the mission payout.  Dunno.

5. There isn't much to speculate on, since we don't know if the rails are owned by a sing clan or the alliance at large.  Again, alliances may just act like mega-clans in which case it rails would be owned by the whole alliance.

6.  Probably not.

7.  I dont remembering any mention of them degrading, but maybe i just missed that.  I think the only way they can go down is if another clan/alliance attacks it and wins the conflict.

My hope is that DE has put a lot of thought into how the badlands system is set up, because it is easy for the incentives for such a system to be skewed if a delicate balance isn't maintained.  All these questions are good ones, because they are searching for the details, and it's the details that will make or break the badlands.

A shame its just a rip of EVE Online (and of all games to rip they choose the worst.)

EVE Online is fantastic. I don't understand the problem.

Is this actual information or supposition on your part?  If actual information please add links to where it is explained, as after much searching I've found no hard info on any of it.

While being conunter intuative is a posibility for not to do something, warframe has its fair share of things that are counter intuative, so we cant rule anything out on those grounds.

Thanks for the replies though.

It is as accurate as I can be with the information I have.

Most of us did...sadly we're getting a broken system that will probably just create more hate between clans.

That is up to you and your clan.

Put in hate, get hate out of it.

Reach out and make buddies out of some other clans and it'll be different.

If you act like it is your clan Vs. everyone else you'll inevitably get ganged up on and your rails torched to the ground. So the simple answer is to just not do that.

But you did play for 6 years.  I don't know of any just "good" games I would play for year let alone 6.

The first 2-3 years I was fairly hardcore (for someone who hates nullsec politics) but near the end all I was doing was training skills and talking to old friends (friends being the real reason I stuck with it as long as I did.)

And yes, I expected someone would mention this. The reason they don't change the game is because they don't know how to fix it even after admitting the problem.

I sincerly hope that there is more than just "TAX" you get from owning a node. if thats it? that sure isn't end game. and lets be honest they can't really have any endgame untill they ACTUALLY balance the game somewhat other wise powercreep 2.0 and the game gets even easier. all a person needs is rhino/bolter and they can do anything at any level...

Even if badlands is hard (difficulty) it still seems like DE promise alot and it wont add up to anything more than some odd mechanic that is neat but doesnt really do much like Dojo, or Helios. I was letdown by badlands as well. i know its not100% in the game yet, but still. Was really expecting more than invasion UI 2.0 with "tax"

Edited by KCIV4

it kinda looks like the same invasion system except that we get to build a probably very expensive device that allows us to "own" a node, and we as players will just be doing the same missions but before and after that we get to see a small percentage bar that changes its values...

The only real concern I have is that from the few specifics given, it sounds more like the smaller clans will simply be at the whimsy of the more wealty or larger clans or at the whimsy of whatever clan create's the alliance in the first place (most likely larger clans because they can do without heavy support, unlike smaller ones).

It would be nice to have some info before heading into alliances and the like too.

7. Once a Rail is contested mission run against your Rail will cause it to take damage. It has health, as players run missions against it the health drains. Once your rail is no longer contested you must front some materials and credits for repairs. 

You can't repair a Rail until it's no longer contested?

How to do you stop it from being contested, or do you just wait for it to be taken?

I wanted badlands to be endgame so badly

From what I have gathered I believe it one of the endgame projects so there may be more to it later.

A shame its just a rip of EVE Online (and of all games to rip they choose the worst.)

You could argue that melee 2.0 is a rip off of Devil May Cry, but it has its own unique Warframe twist, similar to the badlands.

Nothing is wrong with building off of the success of other ideas.

You can't repair a Rail until it's no longer contested?

How to do you stop it from being contested, or do you just wait for it to be taken?

Well...... try to repair something that is under attack.... must be hard.

As for being contested, there must be a pause between contests, imagine it going for days and it ends.... and a few minutes later its being contested again :/