Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arc Traps Future Megathread

blackflashcannon

1, if your leveling, they are a death sentence around every barrel and corner that you cant avoid, and cant shoot until it starts shocking you and your kubrow/sentinel.

2, its a GURANTEED death for your kubrow, if you do not destroy them, or NOTICE them. it paralyzes them constantly so they are stuck within the radius so they constantly take damage and remain paralyzed

3, how is it even possible it can detect me while cloaked?!

4, spam, spam, spam spam... so many traps its not funny

thats my opinion so far, thanks

continue to discuss

summary on opinions and solutions

summary

worse than enemies

kill kubrows fast without any chance of them escaping

decimate everything

too many

too hidden

quickly kill new players with unranked everything

anti aoe/cc

I want to see this from the Grineer side.

opinions on solutions

remove them

remove from starter/low level planets

tweak them so players can use more to their advantage

tweak so players can avoid them more easily

add resistance to kubrows so they dont get stun locked

add glow

add charge up time and sounds

more visible

aoe/cc affected

replace with hazard rooms

do less damage

Renegade343's solution suggestion

Most players will dread and groan when they hear these two words, or when they see it: Arc Traps. 

But do not worry. I have a potentially viable solution for this: 

For everyone that has played Star Wars: Republic Commando (good game, by the way. It is definitely worth a try), they would have seen Trandoshan proximity mines, and to bypass them (a circle is shown, which is where the mine explodes if the player stands and walks into that circle), they must crouch down to not trigger the mine, and deactivate them. My solution is to utilise this mechanic with Arc Traps as well, meaning that the Arc Trap will show a circle indicating the shock radius if a(n) enemy/player stands and walks into that circle. If the enemy/player crouches, then the enemy/player will not trigger the Arc Trap.

Also, the player can reconfigure the Arc Traps (must not be activated at all [i.e. activating it, then deactivating it by crouching down will remove this option]) so that these Arc Traps will instead attack enemies of the player (allied Arc Traps will not have this option), giving some more tactical depth to a mission. 

These traps can be detected if the player has Enemy Sense/Enemy Radar, just like the Corpus cameras, as well as having the ability to be destroyed by explosions. To compensate for all these changes to the Arc Trap, the damage per second of the Arc Traps will be increased (at level 30, will deal 275 Electrical damage per second). 

With this change, I hope to make the Arc Trap be less annoying to players, especially while doing stealth runs, while making them give more options to players, in terms of how to run the mission or utilising the enemies' weapons against them.

I have an idea to save everyone's Kubrows: 

When the player crouches, the Kubrow also crouches with you. That way, with my suggestion of improving Arc Traps, at least there is a way to not make your Kubrows die off so easily.

Edited by blackflashcannon

The Grineer have the laser-doors. I think that's enough. Arc Traps decimate everything. Please remove them altogether.

Well, the laser doors do damage other enemies, for some reason. 

I say keep the Arc Traps and the Sensor Bars, but tweak them so players can skilfully avoid them or use them to their advantage (I still support removing Arc Traps from Mercury and Earth).

I think maybe Arc Traps should have a short charge up time combined with a noise so that a player is aware that they are about to be hit by one. This allows them to avoid it before it hits them. Maybe it should also glow too so that they can spot them.

Make the arc traps more visible and do less damage, or at least so they don't constantly stunlock kubrows.

I think maybe Arc Traps should have a short charge up time combined with a noise so that a player is aware that they are about to be hit by one. This allows them to avoid it before it hits them. Maybe it should also glow too so that they can spot them.

This is a great idea.

Poor bastards are getting slaughtered. I think they need MORE Arc Traps. They need to pack those things around doors like claymore mines.

Where 100 troops have failed, a handful of mines will succeed in keeping Tenno away ... or at least until a #&(*%## $%#@ $%&&%^ Lightning Rod mod finally drops.

They have managed to create an object that is immune to Penta nades, most Tenno Abilities, melee weapons, and are able to function through at least half a meter or Starship Hull.

They need to take these things into the Void and get them corrupted, and come back and stick Prime Arc Traps all over the place.

Poor bastards are getting slaughtered. I think they need MORE Arc Traps. They need to pack those things around doors like claymore mines.

Where 100 troops have failed, a handful of mines will succeed in keeping Tenno away ... or at least until a #&(*%## $%#@ $%&&%^ Lightning Rod mod finally drops.

They have managed to create an object that is immune to Penta nades, most Tenno Abilities, melee weapons, and are able to function through at least half a meter or Starship Hull.

They need to take these things into the Void and get them corrupted, and come back and stick Prime Arc Traps all over the place.

ok, i dare you to make a brand new excalibur, skana, mk1 braton and lato, then play mercury bare boned with no mods and try not to use a revive

i just @(*()$ agree why  a invi target can be detected O.o and danm not even a penta explo can kill it only a direct hit and basiclly the places it can be are so annoying,

sorry de but pls find something lese to implent a brake in the game but this just broke the game

I m not against arc traps at all, but I question their quantity and disposition across the tileset, it s ridiculous to get into a room with 6 or more of them, also sometimes they re in positions where you cant spot them. I agree that they should emit some kinda of sound or anything before activating so one would have the chance to be aware before getting hit.

PS: their interaction with the kubrows is the worst part, they get hit and they re stunned, they just sit and wait to die. 

Good suggestion.

I generally dislike encountering arc traps, but find them more of an annoyance than anything else. It does seem pretty daft putting them in the starter system, where they can zap a low level frame of its shields in a matter of seconds.

ok, i dare you to make a brand new excalibur, skana, mk1 braton and lato, then play mercury bare boned with no mods and try not to use a revive

Sorry man, but I've already being doing EXACTLY that. Its not THAT bad. You only get caught out by freaky placements when you try to backpedal sometimes.

I have not had "deaths" doing solo runs on a fresh start, but it does slow down the whole thing dramatically, when you get bad placements. If you get dual traps that can hit you at the same time, its next to impossible to stay and kill them, and I needed to get some weird angles to kill them. I have already posted this someplace.

I don't know if something has changed, but many times, instead of a continuous zapping, I get a short zap and I have enough time to move back and change angles. Did they nerf the behavior slightly?

Sorry man, but I've already being doing EXACTLY that. Its not THAT bad. You only get caught out by freaky placements when you try to backpedal sometimes.

I have not had "deaths" doing solo runs on a fresh start, but it does slow down the whole thing dramatically, when you get bad placements. If you get dual traps that can hit you at the same time, its next to impossible to stay and kill them, and I needed to get some weird angles to kill them. I have already posted this someplace.

I don't know if something has changed, but many times, instead of a continuous zapping, I get a short zap and I have enough time to move back and change angles. Did they nerf the behavior slightly?

I think it may be due to glitchy direct line-of-sight, although you have to realise that you are quite an established player, meaning you would already have knowledge of the Arc Traps and how they work, as well as some Aura Mod Cards to at least slot some survival mods. For new players, they do not have access to these, and so will die quite easily when they fumble around. 

If anything, arc traps don't really make sense in placement. I'd rather replace Arc Traps with Grineer hazard rooms, where a Tenno should find the console to disable it.

Ship goes on alert

Tenno walks into hallway

Grineer Marine activates console which activates room's deadly electrical hazards (which affects both Tenno and Grineer)

Tenno must reach and deactivate console to proceed safely

Arc traps will get me banned. Soon I will start sending death threats to developers and their families.

I guess I'll start right away: You don't know what it takes to make me speak. I was silent. Patient. Resigned.
Now I'm just pissed off. I'm tired of trolling red text. Tired of long lasting problems that get no attention.
I'm tired of covert jokes and obscure insults.
I must admit. I can't just leave after wasting so much time...

Edited by LABAL

Huh i never had issues with arc traps ...Maybe its becuase I actuallly look around coners ....and well ......Take my time not running ahead like a babbfoon

Funnily enough, it's the slower ones who suffer the most from the Arc Traps. 'rushers' still blaze through the mission until we see them magnetic doors.