Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal "fix" Not Good Enough

Estoc

Dearest Tenno,

Last evening Excalibur’s Radial Blind received a change that impacted the effectiveness of this ability. This was quickly noticed by our players, and we have an update this morning on the status of Radial Blind.

Firstly, we apologize this wasn't in the notes, it was not intended to go out as it was an experiment in balancing Radial Blind.
Secondly, Radial Blind will be changed to blind any enemies aware of player within the radius. Enemies behind walls/obstructions will not be affected since they were smart enough to avoid the blind!

The next hotfix will bring this change to life, sorry for the frustration this slip has caused. We’re working to get it out as soon as we can! 

This is not good enough. Radial Blind was fine as it was, it was not in the slightest over powered and its effectiveness was directly related to its effect on enemies within the proximity. Pretty much all enemies take cover when near the player. Radial Blind is absolutely pointless now.

By removing one of the only viable end-game strategies, you are giving a big middle finger to all late-level players who have worked hard. 

This is not good enough DE. You have reduced one of your frames to completely useless, unusable garbage-tier beneath any other frame.

Goodbye my treasured Excalibur Prime, we have had fun, but it is with absolute lament that I jettison you out of the airlock, casting the dead weight that you now are into the lonely abyss of space, never to be used again. 

RIP EXCALIBRO

a bit dramatic, but i agree.  completely over done on DE's part.

most people thought this was a great cc, but not an OP game breaking ability.  and Ex in general was already under much scutiny as being considered a junk frame.

pretty much uncalled for nerf.

What I dont get is: if we are gonna nerf a power to use LoS, why not wait till all powers that do the same get reworked to use LoS before pushing out one? Especially on the weakest frame first? Cmon. Excal was working with very little before this, and you took is bread and butter. 

Edited by armedpoop

Lets face it, it was a bit over powered. The only reason people believe otherwise is because in comparison to his other powers it was the only useful one.

The problem is not that RD got nerfed the problem is that his other powers have not been buffed/reworked. 

Overpowered ? I always thought RB did almost nothing for almost no seconds...

But now it realllly does nothing at all !!

Anyone saying OP should be banned !! NO SUCH THING AS OP, certainly not RB which does NOTHING in the first place !!

Yet again nerf cryers are killing this game.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

Lets face it, it was a bit over powered. 

But it wasn't; it was only overpowered if you absolutely maximized it and took it into low level missions, in which regard, every single ability is overpowered. In high level missions, it was just enough to keep you fighting, it's not like you could play infinitely into absurdly high levels indefinitely with it. 

Uh, no. RB was overpowered. There's no possible justification for it to be able to affect enemies two tiles away. As long as they fix the detection and take away the enemy limit it'll be fine.

Maybe less overreaction?

I agree. Most people were building it with intention to almost completely disable enemies in area. if I want to shoot at stationary targets that pose no threat to me, I'll go to shooting range.

Overpowered ? I always thought RB did almost nothing for almost no seconds...

But now it realllly does nothing at all !!

Anyone saying OP should be banned !! NO SUCH THING AS OP, certainly not RB which does NOTHING in the first place !!

Yet again nerf cryers are killing this game.

I'd suggest a) calm down b) keep your opinions regarding who should be banned to yourself, k?

From what it sounds like from Rebecca's and Megan's post there will be more changes to Excalibur. This one was just unintentionally released early while it was being tested on the dev build. 

And LoS is broken right now as well, which probably will get fixed too. It's not true LoS from the light source, and has no ability to hit enemies behind other enemies or even through open railings. 

The rest of the changes are probably coming, as well as polish for this one. 

From what it sounds like from Rebecca's and Megan's post there will be more changes to Excalibur. This one was just unintentionally released early while it was being tested on the dev build. 

And LoS is broken right now as well, which probably will get fixed too. It's not true LoS from the light source, and has no ability to hit enemies behind other enemies or even through open railings. 

The rest of the changes are probably coming, as well as polish for this one. 

They have decided to revert the RB changes, for the time being.

Uh, no. RB was overpowered. There's no possible justification for it to be able to affect enemies two tiles away. As long as they fix the detection and take away the enemy limit it'll be fine.

Maybe less overreaction?

That wasnt the power that was the mods.

If you dont want the power to reach those lengths then dont give players the ability to.

Changing powers does nothing but have people move to a different tactic and if that doesnt work they will just move away.

keep your opinions regarding who should be banned to yourself, k?

I think he meant OP as in overpowered, not OP as in me, original poster. 

That wasnt the power that was the mods.

If you dont want the power to reach those lengths then dont give players the ability to.

Changing powers does nothing but have people move to a different tactic and if that doesnt work they will just move away.

Here here!

Ycpdiyo.png

I know, but every opinion is valid, and saying that someone who disagrees should be banned is not something I would like to see.

Sure I overreacted a bit but I will never understand why would anyone say something is OP in a video game. All the time spent playing goes towards improvements i.e. getting stronger... Nerfing stuff just negates everything.

I have never seen anyone complain because their video game gun does too much damage, except on this board, unconceivable imo.

I will always want MORE power not the other way around but looks like that's just me.

I agree. Most people were building it with intention to almost completely disable enemies in area. If I want to shoot at stationary targets that pose no threat to me, I'll go to shooting range.

I'd suggest a) calm down b) keep your opinions regarding who should be banned to yourself, k?

if I want to shoot at stationary targets that pose no threat to me, I'll go to shooting range.

My guess is you have never played long enough to get into levels where 1 shot from any weapon one pellet from a detron will go through all the shields and health.

Your complains of "but it's too easy" only makes sense if you are fighting enemies that take 30 to 50 or even 100 shots to kill you.

With that kind of mindset you could argue that slash dash is overpowered because at early levels you can just press a button and everything 60 meters ahead dies in 1 hit.

My guess is you have never played long enough to get into levels where 1 shot from any weapon one pellet from a detron will go through all the shields and health.

You are right of course, during almost 1000 hours (700 hours on Excal and Excal Prime) of gameplay I never actually dared to reach beyond Terminus. :P

Sarcastic jokes aside, this shows other problem of Warframe - that there is no way to improve survivability of our frames. There is Shields+ HP, then we move to Rage + Qt, and at some point we are forced to specialize warframes in being invincible, or locking enemies in place, so they will never do any harm to us, like Blind-locking, tossing Vortex on infested maps or doing other stuff. At this point game for me looses all fun for me. I am all in favor of creating system that will allow us to increase HP and Shields, but if solution to increasing difficulty is "Stunlock this shizz or make us invincible", then what is the point of playing? What is the difference between enemy one-shooting me and shooting 99999 bullets in order to kill me, If I can make him unable to shoot even once?

I agree. Most people were building it with intention to almost completely disable enemies in area. if I want to shoot at stationary targets that pose no threat to me, I'll go to shooting range.

Are not most abilities intended to disable enemies? And guns? What is the difference if I press 4 on Nova, Saryn, Banshee or Rhino? Oh wait, these also hurt a lot. Unlike RB which was only tactical non-damage ability. 

I guess they should touch Nyx´s chaos now since it turns enemies into moving puppets that pose no threat to me.

Ultimately with this logic they should nerf all abilities and most guns since they make the game peace of cake until at least 40 minutes into T3 survival.

Are not most abilities intended to disable enemies? And guns? What is the difference if I press 4 on Nova, Saryn, Banshee or Rhino? Oh wait, these also hurt a lot. Unlike RB which was only tactical non-damage ability. 

I guess they should touch Nyx´s chaos now since it turns enemies into moving puppets that pose no threat to me.

Ultimately with this logic they should nerf all abilities and most guns since they make the game peace of cake until at least 40 minutes into T3 survival.

okay, so tell me - what is the point of going to high level content, if you have skills (not only RB), that will disable challenge posed by this high level?

okay, so tell me - what is the point of going to high level content, if you have skills (not only RB), that will disable challenge posed by this high level?

Actually having an endgame strategy is not the same thing is completely "disabling the challenge".