Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Armor Not Modeled To Fit All Frames

KuroAka

So I bought that Prime Accessories went to equip them on to my Excalibur and this is what they look like. How did something like this not get caught and fixed before charging money for these items? The shoulder and chest are not scaled right, causing them to clip into the arms and into each other. And you can clearly what is wrong with the legs.  

Also You think that we could get an option to change the Gold? It may make sense on the actual prime warframes, but having a pretty much prime warframe armor accessory do to the gold color and it looking frankly awful on any other normal frames or frames that have skins on them.

2014-09-24_00001.jpg

Yeah, the pieces are miss aligned and clipping on a lot of the frames.  The leg pieces seem to be the worst so far, the shoulder guards don't clip on most frames but are often oversized. 

Unfortunately even though people report issues like these they don't usually get fixed quick.  There are issues with some of the older Syandanas still clipping into frames. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

The whole premise of the prime equipment, meaning Frames, guns and accessories, is to have a ceremonial appearance. Hence the gold. So no you can't change the gold.

Also, if you take a look at the past armor releases, they have had to make scale and location adjustments on more than one occasion. The PA armor is no exception. They might look fine on the Dev's systems since they are running the game slightly differently, so it's possible the alignment is a bit off once its finally implemented.

So I bought that Prime Accessories went to equip them on to my Excalibur and this is what they look like. How did something like this not get caught and fixed before charging money for these items? The shoulder and chest are not scaled right, causing them to clip into the arms and into each other. And you can clearly what is wrong with the legs.  

I just checked with my own Excalibur. The problem is limited to the Proto-Excalibur model.

I think the issue may be that the prime armor was fitted on normal Excalibur that's why it seems to fit better. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like each warframe may have their own offsets and scales of the armors.  However, since the proto-Excalibur is a skin and not a separate warframe from Excalibur then it might share the same offset and scales as the vanilla.  The easiest solution is to fit it so that it works for both. 

This is a beta, WE do the testing for THEM. You don't expect DE to spend 20 minutes making sure that the prime armor works on all frames before charging $50 for it, do you?

Dont really need all that passive aggressive sarcasm buddy, you can make your point without it.

This is a beta, WE do the testing for THEM. You don't expect DE to spend 20 minutes making sure that the prime armor works on all frames before charging $50 for it, do you?

By the time they may get around to fixing it, the armor accessories would must likely b not be available anymore. And yes If you are selling an customization piece it should always be tested to make sure that all of the it looks as it should. You are paying money for something, I don't care if there is a thing that says Alpha on the damn game. This game has been out for a long time, on consoles. Its released now, its not in any sort of testing. If they think that they can use "is in beta" crap to dismiss their laziness they have an other thing coming. It would be different if the things where free, but they are not so. There is zero excuse!!

The worst thing that has seemingly become the norm in the gaming industry is this early access, being allowed to have a game make money from micro transactions when it is in this permanent beta status. Sorry, but its one thing to be a "beta" on an PC is an whole other when it is on consoles. You should not be allowed to charge for anything in the game before you release a game. If you don't then you must have a refund policy on the items that it seems that they want people to pay for, yet do not checking to make sure that they work as intended.

And yes, My frame has a skin on it. I love the Excalibur it fits my personal play style. But I HATE the look of the Prime version. The instant that there was skins that covered that crap up I got them. I also understand that they are trying to have a theme. That is fine, but there is massive customization in this game. So to force a theme that maybe some players don't care for and limit the customization, is a very stupid thing to do. If they come out with any more Prime accessories and do not change it so you can change the gold color. I will never be buying anymore items. I actually refuse to buy any of the Prime frames because of the limitations with the customization.     

Edited by KuroAka

If they think that they can use "is in beta" crap to dismiss their laziness they have an other thing coming. It would be different if the things where free, but they are not so. There is zero excuse!!

First off, obviously didn't read the whole thread.

Second, when have you ever heard DE use beta as an excuse? If something is truly wrong, they apologize and fix it. The only people who excuse things with the beta tag are players, so there's really no need to get all worked up.

Finally, no matter which way you slice it this game is incomplete and sometimes buggy, with a relatively small staff for its size. Good on OP for reporting something, now it can get fixed.

Dont really need all that passive aggressive sarcasm buddy, you can make your point without it.

When paid cosmetic content is released, especially at the price of a AAA title, you would think that someone would have had the idea to make sure it worked on all frames/skins before release. Excuse the sarcasm, but as OP said, this should have been caught miles before people started paying for it.

First off, obviously didn't read the whole thread.

Second, when have you ever heard DE use beta as an excuse? If something is truly wrong, they apologize and fix it. The only people who excuse things with the beta tag are players, so there's really no need to get all worked up.

Finally, no matter which way you slice it this game is incomplete and sometimes buggy, with a relatively small staff for its size. Good on OP for reporting something, now it can get fixed.

Really? I believe they have yet to own up and fix the disaster that is the new UI. I also believe update 7 they used "its in beta" as an excuse to change the whole progression system to the mods. I would love to see them try to do something like that again now having the game on consoles. The lack of any real end game progression. Which really should be the very first thing that should be worked on and implemented and then fixed do to the lack of testing that will come when it is live.

Every gaming company uses the its in beta excuse. Yes DE doesn't use it as often as most, but they use it all the same. 

Why? You like the new UI? LOL!!!

Jeez, lighten the heck up. Your complaints about the UI are tired and ridiculous, but most of all unhelpful. Why you're acting so childish about that is beyond me. We get that you liked the old one better. Heck, there are things I liked about the old UI more than the new UI. However, they've been making changes to the UI since it's been out to try and improve it without redoing the whole darn thing. Ignoring all of that and whining about it is irritating and it's even worse when people bring it up in every. Single. Unrelated. Thread.

DE hardly even uses the "Beta" excuse, if ever. It's other people on the forums that use it. Having a set of armor that scales poorly with a couple 'frames isn't exactly a big deal, especially if they plan to change it soon. Beta or not, new material will have problems. It's Murphy's Law in action. Should they try to fix it as soon as they can? Yeah. But complaining about it and about how people spent ~all this money~ on it is ridiculous.

Unconstructive feedback is the bane of my existence.

Jeez, lighten the heck up. Your complaints about the UI are tired and ridiculous, but most of all unhelpful. Why you're acting so childish about that is beyond me. We get that you liked the old one better. Heck, there are things I liked about the old UI more than the new UI. However, they've been making changes to the UI since it's been out to try and improve it without redoing the whole darn thing. Ignoring all of that and whining about it is irritating and it's even worse when people bring it up in every. Single. Unrelated. Thread.

DE hardly even uses the "Beta" excuse, if ever. It's other people on the forums that use it. Having a set of armor that scales poorly with a couple 'frames isn't exactly a big deal, especially if they plan to change it soon. Beta or not, new material will have problems. It's Murphy's Law in action. Should they try to fix it as soon as they can? Yeah. But complaining about it and about how people spent ~all this money~ on it is ridiculous.

Unconstructive feedback is the bane of my existence.

Like how you go straight to assuming that I don't like the UI. I like the idea of the UI, there are just many issues with it. The plant navigation, the way the mods look, the overly complicated steps that you have to do to change and upgrade mods. The strange tilting of the windows, the frame being in the way of some of the information. The fast transitions and flashing that happens when you go from the load out weapon UI to the mod UI. Its not that I hate all of the new UI, its just not implemented well at all. And more testing and probably actually having a test server to allow players to give feedback before going into the live game would be a great help to them.

You seem to be giving DE way to much credit. You also seem to think that it is ok to charge money for something that is broken. I am going to assume that you are a Millennial. Lol, like how you think that you want to come off looking smart with your little Murphy's Law reference. Sorry this isn't an experiment or something that has never been tested before. This is also not DE's first game, so they know, will should know how to make and what should be going into a game. By your logic do you never, ever do anything do to that there is a possibility that in you getting out of bed is going to blow up to world?  

A game is a service and only makes money if the service that customers are using is something that they like. When you are buying something you expect a level of quality and for the thing that you are buying and using in the service is working as it should. When it is not you normally have the right to complain and take what is not working back for a refund or to get it fixed within a reasonable amount of time. This seems to be a thing that DE has zero understanding of. If they keep pissing of customers, not making sure things that they are adding are what customers want and are going to enjoy. They are going to find themselves out of a job pretty quickly.         

Edited by KuroAka

DE has always rushed things too much  loki prime stills clips , hopeful in order to sell more 50 buck cosmetics the'll  fix it fast 

if u think this prime armor is badly placed just wait till kubrow armor / prime kubrow armor comes out - o the cliping