Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Don't Warframe Abilities Have Cool Downs?!?!

Cyberspace100

Like every other MMO/RPG game thing has them, like all of them. But the Devs must have forgot they were a thing cause they are very important. There have been many problems in warframe with ability spamming (rhino skin, sheild polarise. turbulance, hall of mirrors, Molecular Prime, rhino roar, invisability, vortex, ). This takes away fom the game and it becomes a point a press adventure (press 4 to win game). This was also a main facor in the Viver debacle

Cool downs would fix this, no more constant rhino skin, no more snow globe camping. These are not bad things and i know at high levels you may need to depend on abilities but there is a differce between using them when they are needed spamming Molecular Prime or vortex every single wave of an infestend defence and completing it without taking any damage (ive seen it done).

NOTE: Abilities will have different times, for example rhino's iron skin may be 25 seconds and oberon's amite may be 2.5 seconds.

FURTHER NOTE: I do not hate any warframe or the spamming of warframe abilites but i dislike it when rhino has a feild day and the rest of the squad die slowly.

EVEN FURTHER NOTE: this is not a "Rhino Skin Hate" topic as i have listed many other abilites that are spammed (sheild polarise. turbulance, hall of mirrors, Molecular Prime, rhino roar, invisability, vortex). But Rhino is a good example of a warframe that could use cool downs, Mag is another, so is Nova, Valkyr, Nekros, ect.

Edited by Cyberspace100

Uhmm if Snowglobe is like that it's more of a nerf and he'd have no place in defense missions. Frost players are required to cast multiple globes at the same time, if not they'd be torn in seconds.

3e3.jpg

Edited by izzatuw

This may be an MMO, but its not a generic MMO. Some MMOs have abilities that don't use cooldowns too. Path of Exile comes to mind as it involves a lot of skill that are cooldown free.

Warframe doesn't need cooldowns, otherwise it would just ruin the game. Have fun lasting any reasonable amount of time in survival or defense with your abilities on cooldown.

Cool-downs would slow gameplay hugely.

I also hear that in the closed Beta, they were tested, and were a resounding failure.

They would force players to use there weapons and their acrobatics to survive, which was what the devs intended (IMO), abilites are meant to aid not to take over.

And i dont know about the beta testing but i'll see if i can find out.

Uhmm if Snowglobe is like that it's more of a nerf and he'd have no place in defense missions. Frost players are required to cast multiple globes at the same time, if not they'd be torn in seconds. This thread sounds like no fun allowed

That is a good point but i never said the cool down had to be long, for snow globe it could be 10 seconds or so.

No.

Warframe is meant to be a fast-paced, action packed and so on.

Furthermore, there is no 'cover' mechanic in Warframe. You can't just hide behind something and wait for your cooldown to end while 3 Napalms are shooting at you, and reloading would mean death.

Edited by Nyiinx

They would force players to use there weapons and their acrobatics to survive, which was what the devs intended (IMO), abilites are meant to aid not to take over.

That is a good point but i never said the cool down had to be long, for snow globe it could be 10 seconds or so.

You do realize in T4D it won't even need 10 seconds to destroy a pod right?

Would change the game too much. I see your point but that also would mean, that certain warframes+builds literally have downtimes. TIme they might hide and just wait untill they can act again. No, this should be balanced differently.
Maybe through higher cost of energy. Making energy-management could be more of a challenge but then again it's allright the way it is.

They tried cooldowns in closed beta. All it resulted in was players clearing a room, sitting there until their abilities were off cooldown, then going into the next room and repeating the process.

It slowed gameplay down tremendously, and they've stuck with energy since.

I take it you haven't been to any high-level survivals/defense missions? Because that's exactly how the game is played.

Keep moving or die. Pick a strong weapon or die. Stand still and spam Stomp, and you'll die.

And what if the abilities are not damaged focused? The point of warframes are supposed to rely on their abilities.

I take it you haven't been to any high-level survivals/defense missions? Because that's exactly how the game is played.

Keep moving or die. Pick a strong weapon or die. Stand still and spam Stomp, and you'll die.

Really?

Farm on Cerberus - Mag: 2, 2, 4, repeat.

T4 Defence/Mobile Defence - Loki: 4, shot them, 4, repeat.

I have been to many high level survivals and defenses but i dont know if you have. I have seen many rhino stomp spammers and boltor prime weilders, that wreck shop cause their iron skin never ends.

Keep moving or die. Pick a strong weapon or die. Stand still and spam Stomp, everything dies.

Really?

Farm on Cerberus - Mag: 2, 2, 4, repeat.

T4 Defence/Mobile Defence - Loki: 4, shot them, 4, repeat.

My Point Exactly

Edited by Cyberspace100

I have been to many high level survivals and defenses but i dont know if you have. I have seen many rhino stomp spammers and boltor prime weilders, that wreck shop cause their iron skin never ends.

Keep moving or die. Pick a strong weapon or die. Stand still and spam Stomp, everything dies.

I'm guessing your high level is T2?

This is a bad idea :p

For instance, even if you are moving, certain enemies will STILL hit you with something, and in higher level survivals, where your abilities are the ONLY thing allowing you to survive longer, and you *HAVE* to spam them, well, bad things happen, and good tenno die.

EDIT: from what I've seen you're REALLY hating in Iron Skin mostly... I feel that you really don't like Rhino.  You *DO* realize that Trinity, Valkyr (Without using Hysteria), and Saryn all ahve the potential to make better tanks?

And what about frames that use all of their abilities and need to spam them? even 2 seconds is too long in a T4 Defense or Survival. hell, Iron Skin drops in an INSTANT there. it's why, for missions that late, more people rely on Valkyr and Trinity to be bullet sponges at that level, because of Warcry and Steel Fiber absorbing 98% of all the damage she's taking, and Trinity being able to "Link" all the damage ot others.

This also sounds like balancing for PvP, not PvE. If Warframe balanced around PvP, I'd leave it. without question, or debate or ceremony. gone. I came here to shot face, not shot players.

Edited by Mewfan

Think you're just hating on Iron Skin. Sure it does well in mid level. But in high levels it'll just shred in seconds. A cooldown is pointless

What iron skin are you running cause it does just fine at high levels, heres a video to prove my point. 30 waves of T4 defense, he is still spamming rhino stomp and getting away with it, he does not take damage at any time in the video.

Edited by Cyberspace100