Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cephalon Suda Syandana - Scans Bad, New Idea? Update: Support Rep Response

Star

So it says that the Cephalon Suda Syandana glows the more you scan things. This seems like it has the potential to be a problem, because scans have a finite number of times you can do it. Once you have completed your codex entries, what, you are no longer allowed to have your Syandana effect? Also, I don't know ALL of the other ones triggers, as I can't even preview them to read about them - but others seem to be tied into things in which you might actually be able to enjoy your expensive scarf more often and more easily. Kills, skill use, picking up money. Scans literally require you to stop what you're doing and use a scanner, or only and always have Helios with you if you want to get your effect. For 100,000 standing, I don't really feel that a syandana that relies on scans is a fair effect for the cost.

Edit: Also its kind of stupid since scanners cost credits. Sure, its a next to nothing amount of credits and in the end doesn't really hurt much but still. The other ones don't, come on!

Another Edit: I think a better idea to trigger the glowing effect for this Syandana would be to glow when you pick up Mods. I know Cephalon Suda are all about knowledge, and scans are a good lore tie in for it, but it just isn't reasonable. Mods  however, they're KIND OF like knowledge, in a way? I might be grasping at straws with it, but I think this would be a lot more fair than it being tied to something that costs credits to use, has a finite number of uses, requires you to stop actually fighting like a tenno and become a space photograper, or requires you to be locked into a certain type of pet while wearing it in order to enjoy its visual effect. I think mods drop often enough that it would be a good replacement for scans, so that all of us who enjoy Cephalon Suda can actually enjoy the syandana just like anyone else.

Update:

I opened a support ticket about this, and according to the support person the syandana is supposed to glow on scan even if the codex entry is complete. Since this does not actually happen, they have forwarded this as a bug. I still think this should be changed to something else, because scanning still requires you to either stop fighting or always have helios when wearing it.

Edited by Star

So it says that the Cephalon Suda Syndana glows the more you scan things. This seems like it has the potential to be a problem, because scans have a finite number of times you can do it. Once you have completed your codex entries, what, you are no longer allowed to have your Syndana effect? Also, I don't know ALL of the other ones triggers, as I can't even preview them to read about them - but others seem to be tied into things in which you might actually be able to enjoy your expensive scarf more often and more easily. Kills, skill use, picking up money. Scans literally require you to stop what you're doing and use a scanner, or only and always have Helios with you if you want to get your effect. For 100,000 standing, I don't really feel that a syndana that relies on scans is a fair effect for the cost.

I am 99.9% sure what they mean by glow is that flashy flash that goes across some things. Not much of a loss,

Just tried the scanning, nothing too great, just gets brighter just as it says :P.

I think there is three levels of bright it can reach from what i did so far.

Even still, once you have completed a codex entry you can't scan that thing anymore, so eventually you're gonna run out of things to scan and then you won't be able to have the effect anymore at all. How does this thing work, will it trigger on "entry complete" enemies somehow?

Yea seems like a dumb idea compared to the other ones. It fits the theme but no one wants to stop to scan things while they are having fun.

It fits the theme, but with as far as I am along in my codex I can only go to earth and scan plants, or hope some random enemies in the void don't get killed before I or ( unlikely ) helios can scan it before someone kills it, or a few bosses I haven't bothered completing.

So basically, it is pointless for me to have it if I want to have a cool shiny effect like everyone else.

One of them has Stealth Kills as a trigger.....yeah thats gonna work out great for me >_>

Haha yeah, that is ( to me ) the second worst one in comparison to all of the rest. At least stealth kills aren't HARD to get and you can never just run out of them, but it is still pretty annoying and gives you a lot less opportunity to enjoy your sweet 100,000 standing glowscarf. As opposed to using skills, picking up credits, taking damage, or getting kills which is virtually all the time.

Haha yeah, that is ( to me ) the second worst one in comparison to all of the rest. At least stealth kills aren't HARD to get and you can never just run out of them, but it is still pretty annoying and gives you a lot less opportunity to enjoy your sweet 100,000 standing glowscarf. As opposed to using skills, picking up credits, taking damage, or getting kills which is virtually all the time.

Nothing stops you from scanning all the time!

-Hey Trinity Heal please, energy too..we're dying...

-Shut up, i'm scanning fabulously!

Edited by Glasglow

Nothing stops you from scanning all the time!

-Hey Trinity Heal please, energy too..we're dying...

-Shut up, i'm scanning fabulously!

YES. Why play the mission and help your friend when you could  be SCANNING!

Or you know, only have Helios with you all the time cuz hes super reliable.

YES. Why play the mission and help your friend when you could  be SCANNING!

Or you know, only have Helios with you all the time cuz hes super reliable.

Not to mention that scanning is limited by things you can still scan. As it is, I have almost nothing left for Helios to scan in the void D:

Not to mention that scanning is limited by things you can still scan. As it is, I have almost nothing left for Helios to scan in the void D:

Yeah, same problem I have. I am headed over to Earth now to scan some plants so I can at least see what the stupid thing looks like when glowing. :/

Adding this to my original post:

I think a better idea to trigger the glowing effect for this Syandana would be to glow when you pick up Mods. I know Cephalon Suda are all about knowledge, and scans are a good lore tie in for it, but it just isn't reasonable. Mods  however, they're KIND OF like knowledge, in a way? I might be grasping at straws with it, but I think this would be a lot more fair than it being tied to something that costs credits to use, has a finite number of uses, requires you to stop actually fighting like a tenno and become a space photograper, or requires you to be locked into a certain type of pet while wearing it in order to enjoy its visual effect. I think mods drop often enough that it would be a good replacement for scans, so that all of us who enjoy Cephalon Suda can actually enjoy the syandana just like anyone else.

Lol, The red veil syandana only glows with every stealth kill, sure its repeatable but stealth kills are like +600% impossible in warframe at the moment  

I get plenty of stealth kills and I don't even own Loki.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I opened a support ticket about this, and according to the support person the syandana is supposed to glow on scan even if the codex entry is complete. Since this does not actually happen, they have forwarded this as a bug. I still think this should be changed to something else, because scanning still requires you to either stop fighting or always have helios when wearing it.