Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack Of Gore Makes Combat Boring

Sanguion

I am a founder who has been on a long break. I've recently started playing again and I'm having a lot of fun. The game has progressed well since I last played. One thing I noticed though, was that when I switched to my Furax to crush some Corpus, there wasn't a whole lot of crushing. I've looked around on the internet for solutions to my problem, but I couldn't find any. It seems that since Damage 2.0 the vast majority of the gore effects from back in the day, the day when I gave my hard-earned money to a promising new free-to-play game, are gone.

When you designed Damage 2.0, I can imagine that you wanted to increase weapon diversity and encourage player reasoning as to what weapons to bring on each different mission. As it stand now, I don't bring impact weapons against the Corpus even though I know impact is good against shields, because impact weapons are simply not fun. I don't want to punch a guy with the force of a thousand suns and have him slump to the ground like it's time for his afternoon nap; I want pieces of him to shower his comrades. I want my character to need a shower after each mission. When I slap a couple hundred guys with what feels like pool noodles, I don't feel like a space ninja, and my enjoyment of this game suffers for it.

You may think that this is some small issue, but is larger than you know. This is a game with a large amount of farming. A game where each day I'm killing thousands of enemies in dozens of missions. How can you keep killing the same enemies over and over again fresh? By adding brutal effects and physics to their deaths. What happens if the farming isn't fresh anymore? It becomes a grind. If the farming becomes a grind, this game is done, because that's what this game is, a lot of very fun (for now) farming. Here's the kicker though; All of the features I'm talking about were already in the game. This problem requires a very small amount of engineering because the tools have already been built. I'm not asking for anything new here, just what was already in the game since at least beta.

This is not the first thread on the issue. If you would like to know more, here are several older thread I've found on the matter. If I am dumb and there is an obvious solution to this problem, please tell me. I am aware that slash weapons still dismember, and I have the gore setting on.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/340366-why-doesnt-this-happen-anymore/?hl=gore

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/278978-who-thinks-blood-gore-isnt-appealing-enough-and-needs-enhancement/

The thread below is for Devstream 50. The more questions they get about gore, the more likely it is they'll see the value in changing it.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/437046-coming-soon-devstream-50/

Edited by Sanguion

YES. MOAR GOAR. I WANT TO BE KNEES DEEP IN GUTS. I WANT TO FEAST UPON THE FLESH OF CORPUS- ok maybe too far. But I agree i do want the game to be more violent. If that death animation could slide while Warframe was rated T, why is Warframe more mild now as a M rated game? If it is too much for some turn the gore toggle into a gore slider with options such as none - mild - extreme

Just.....YES!, I've been feeling like we're pg rated ninjas. Instead of slicing enemies simply in half or something of the kind with a bit of blood, I want to see a lot more. I want to see slash tracking (if you hit an enemy and it doesn't die you see wounds and armor abrasions etc.). I expect to see a pile of gross organic organs and tissue when I cut down a horde or infested. Just more gore overall would be incredible for this game. Even dents in enemies when you hit them with an impact weapon, scorched wounds from energy and laser weapons. There is so much potential for this in Warframe, after parkour 2.0 DE needs to make their next big project Gore 2.0. A great example is Killing Floor 2, this game's gore system looks amazing! Sure I don't expect DE to go to the same extent as Killing Floor 2(KF2 is based around their gore system) but just add some depth to the gore system in Warframe. I'm sure the community would freak over something even close to this. 

GORE 2.0!                                                                                                

Edited by Corvosin

i guess they tried to make it quite realistic with what damage type does what 

imo theres enough gore i dont need more particles and stuff in my face coz theres already enough

I don't think it would add anything important TBH. I also don't see how it would make the farming more bearable since most would look at the death animations a few times then get bored of seeing them, probably within a few days depending on how much they play.

I'm not talking about particles or animations. I'm talking about giving impact and puncture weapons the same feeling of power that slash weapons have right now. I'm talking about bringing the gore back to the way it was, when hitting someone with a hammer felt good.

+1 I would also like some gruesome death animations with different elements. For example, killing someone with corrosive damage will make them melt and scream in pain. The cold procs are a good start but I don't think it should trigger only on proc. The death effect from Ember's World on Fire needs to happen on heat damage in general instead of being restricted to 1 skill.

Another idea I had is that if an enemy gets hit with a radiation proc with 25% or less health then there is a small chance that they will outright commit suicide, gruesomely of course.

Well, there's my 2 cents.

+1 I would also like some gruesome death animations with different elements. For example, killing someone with corrosive damage will make them melt and scream in pain. The cold procs are a good start but I don't think it should trigger only on proc. The death effect from Ember's World on Fire needs to happen on heat damage in general instead of being restricted to 1 skill.

Another idea I had is that if an enemy gets hit with a radiation proc with 25% or less health then there is a small chance that they will outright commit suicide, gruesomely of course.

Well, there's my 2 cents.

The elemental death effects should definitely be reworked. Proc chance is just too low to have any fun with it. They're almost wasted with how little we see them.

Seriously am I the only one that turned gore off, it was just got old and excessive far to quickly for me to want to keep it on.  

It's good that they have an option for people who don't like gore. Now we need the option for people who want more.

:) I love gore, but I love shooting bullets through crowds of enemies and rag dolling *@##$es strait across the room. I don't really pay attention to gore that much when I'm in the heat of battle but its an interesting aspect to have in Solo exterminate play. :) Watch that mother @(*()$ heavy gunner squirm and die on the ground like the parasitic some it is!!!! : >