Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack Of Gore Makes Combat Boring

Sanguion

Oh man, I remember the first time I split a grineer in half and I got to see the internals and the skeleton. I fricken cried it was so awesome.

DE. Please bring this back. A gore slider has existed since TUROK on the fricken Xbox. Why can't warframe have one? We have games like outlast and fricken GEARS OF WAR. Most of us aren't sissies here. We can handle it, trust us. Let us FEEL like badass warframes.

Will not allow topic to die until it dies a horrible disgusting death like it wants to. The DE needs to atleast talk about this in a dev stream for me to be happy.

I'm right there with you. This doesn't stop until I get some answers, and hopefully good answers. If DE ignores this, I'm going to speak with my wallet and the wallet of the 10 people I've invited to Warframe. I didn't fund a game with 3 fun weapons, I remember dozens of great weapons back in the day, and now there are hundreds and I don't want to use any of them because they put me to sleep. I remember when the Gorgon shredded people. I payed Plat for it because it shredded people, Now it doesn't do anything. This game has been about visceral combat since the beginning. Without the brutality, the grind is too long to continue playing. The PC community created this game, DE. You take care of us and we'll take care of you.

I need DE to understand this is not something they can focus on later. Revamping the void is cool. Parkour 2.0 is cool. PVP is cool. Put all of that on hold because this is more important. Take care of this now, before I get too bored to care this much.

Here's another thing I just remembered. Valkyr's 4 skill gives you energy claws. These hyper-rage inducing energy claws don't dismember anything because they are based on the Furax. When the insane, Wolverine inspired warframe can't gib people, there is a problem.

Edited by Sanguion

......O_o.... i actually have no words... like.... yes it looks nice but at the same time this makes me cringe.... people want this O_o?! the current gore is fine.

and for the love of lotus put that man out of his misery dont just stare at him!!.

what are you, deluded? what do you think happens when you run through your missions gunning down peons?

let me guess, death is a painless beautiful experience with little chub angels playing harps?

get real

More (or rather: better) gore could certainly be a good thing. There certainly isn't much variety right now. Mostly it's people being ripped in half and the random head or arm lying around, and that's about it.

......O_o.... i actually have no words... like.... yes it looks nice but at the same time this makes me cringe.... people want this O_o?! the current gore is fine.

and for the love of lotus put that man out of his misery dont just stare at him!!.

In case you haven't found them yet: There are at least two Crewmen who are still alive and slowly being eaten by the infested growth in the Eris tileset. You can choose to either run past them or put them out of their misery. And in my opinion, they make the entire thing feel way less sterile.

Hmm, now that ive read this post the gore feel abit lacking. They likely removed the gore because of the move to ps4 and xb1, which are IMO more kid friendly

Bloodborne?  You are pretty much dripping in blood.  Killing Floor 2?

Gore is a design choice by DE not by specs.  

Edited by vegtro

I wanna see the gore that used to be in this game. 

I want guys screaming and crying because I just sliced their arms off, I wanna see the enemies run away when I chop someone in half.

I want a pile of guts on the ground when I use my venka's to finish someone off.

I want GORE. like, deadspace level gore.

Since I'm not entirely sure the developers read these forums, we're going to need to open the flood gates on Twitter. Individual developer accounts don't seem to be posted on the main site. Anybody have their accounts? If we care about this issue and this game, we need to make it known. This thread isn't enough.

The thread below is for Devstream 50. The more questions they get about gore, the more likely it is they'll see the value in changing it.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/437046-coming-soon-devstream-50/

Edited by Sanguion

The game has an M rating already, they just need to go all out during this so-called "Year of Quality."

Making combat more enjoyable will make a lot of people happy.

A few other ideas would be a rework of a LOT of animations, mainly for enemies.

Making movement feel more fluid, because what I've seen of parkour 2.0 it's just adding some extra abilities that, honestly, look awkward visually.

Making enemies smarter, for God's sake, they didn't clone this same grineer guy millions of times because he's a good bullet sponge...hopefully.

More PBR plz.

Less slash damage weapons plz.

Less melee weapons plz.

More long lasting weapons like the Hek, which I've never gotten rid of and still use.

These are things I figured were relevant, even though I want a lot more than just those.

Edited by LtSprinkulz

oh YES! Now that my memories been jogged I can remember back when this game was still in Beta, back when my Boltor and Akbolto's would shred enemies and nail their body parts to the walls. BRING. BACK. GOOOOOOOORE!!!! The improvements to this game are great but I want to see a return to the time when my weapons would literally SHRED enemies into chunks of meat! If I use an Impact weapon like the Fragor I want to see corpses flying across the room, not falling to the ground at my feet like I smacked them with a frying pan! If i use a puncture weapon I want bodyparts to be ripped off and sent flying! I want my Boltor type weapons to sheer off limbs and stick them to walls again!

Edited by Aratoro

It seems that since Damage 2.0 the vast majority of the gore effects from back in the day, the day when I gave my hard-earned money to a promising new free-to-play game, are gone.

This bugs me about what you had said, i gave my hard-earned money to a promising new free-to-play game are gone? Out of all games Warframe is one of the best free-to-play out their in terms of fairness and things to do, and the game has only been out for 2 years might I say to bat. I agree sure maybe ask for better gore effects that are OPTIONAL and not forcing us who have enough particals in our faces to have to deal with meat chunks flying through the air now as well.

However i say the word "optional" simply because I know some people demand gore...for reasons why I think games need gore are dumb, it makes the game no differnt then a hack and slash and even the most popular of thoses do not ephisise on gore to much (with of corse the few exceptions). But games "needing" gore in my personal opinion is very old school. Examples of many of the worlds most popular games without the need of gore are as followed:

Call Of Duty

The Halo Series

Destiny (It sure messed up but hell was it popular and still apperintly is)

Devil May Cry

Bioshock (Origonal) and Bioshock Infinite

The Elder scroll series (Bloods guts sure but gore...not so much)

Zelda Series

Mass Effect series

The list could keep going on, gore I think throws games (such as Warframe) into a catagory of more violence rather then a catagory of intresting and creative. The game dose not need this but I guess if people demand of it at least make it optional for the rest of us all who would rather pass on the meat chunks.

This bugs me about what you had said, i gave my hard-earned money to a promising new free-to-play game are gone? Out of all games Warframe is one of the best free-to-play out their in terms of fairness and things to do, and the game has only been out for 2 years might I say to bat. I agree sure maybe ask for better gore effects that are OPTIONAL and not forcing us who have enough particals in our faces to have to deal with meat chunks flying through the air now as well.

The difference is that Warframe started off with the enemies having visceral reactions to our weapons. Halo... didn't. This is one of the reasons why I stuck around - I actually felt powerful. Me, a space ninja with brutal weapons, against the horde.

However i say the word "optional" simply because I know some people demand gore...for reasons why I think games need gore are dumb, it makes the game no differnt then a hack and slash and even the most popular of thoses do not ephisise on gore to much (with of corse the few exceptions). But games "needing" gore in my personal opinion is very old school. Examples of many of the worlds most popular games without the need of gore are as followed:

Call Of Duty

The Halo Series

Destiny (It sure messed up but hell was it popular and still apperintly is)

Devil May Cry

Bioshock (Origonal) and Bioshock Infinite

The Elder scroll series (Bloods guts sure but gore...not so much)

Zelda Series

Mass Effect series

The list could keep going on, gore I think throws games (such as Warframe) into a catagory of more violence rather then a catagory of intresting and creative. The game dose not need this but I guess if people demand of it at least make it optional for the rest of us all who would rather pass on the meat chunks.

Most of those games may lack in gore, but make up for it brutality. COD especially has had player burn POW, torture at your own hand, and machine gun down crowds of civilians. 

Having a degree of gore is not in of itself bad. Having sparkles fly off people you shoot or slash can be. It takes away any representation or acknowledgement of the consequences of violence. Gore is a result of violence. It can be both cool and horrifying, and mature people can see both things at once. Taking that away just denies the consequences of violent actions and makes killing seem clean and simple.

Warframe doesn't need over the top gore, but more gore would be better representatively to the amount of damage the Tenno inflict. The occasional, and often nonsensical, bisection excepted.