Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack Of Gore Makes Combat Boring

Sanguion

I don't want to see silly avalanches of blood and body parts. But I would like to see realistic gore.

If I hack someone in two, there should be a LOT of blood. 

If I hit someone with a quarter ton of steel then bones should be crushed and broken.

If I fire a harpoon through someone's chest it should leave a gaping bloody hole.

I *LIKED* the idea that the Tenno were kinda monsters.  Cutting a horrible bloody swath through bases.  I would love if ever so often, when you turn a Corpus Crewman into wallpaper one of the others in the group will scream in pain at the loss of a close friend.  The idea that maybe we should pause for a second and look back over the broken and maimed we left in our path and consider who and what we are.  What we are doing.

I want to feel some depth here.  So it doesn't feel like I'm just killing dudes in a video game.  Make it feel like Grinner and Corpus lives matter. At least to the Grinner and Corpus.

One of my biggest issues when I returned from this game. I returned in u12 on ps4. I was a member on PC(even though it doesn't show on the forums) since u7.11 or so (right before u8 came out) I played for a month and left because, well, I chose Loki as a starter. When I realized all the cool looking gore was gone, I was like "this is really stupid" and I was pretty mad.

I feel like they take away so much and replace it with little parts which fill the gap. If that makes any sense. 

TANGENT: I have been lingering on this game for quite a while. I have remained at MR14 because there is no incentive to build the weapons that aren't in the meta, or are fun. I can't say goodbye because of how much money and time I have spent in this game. I don't understand what happened. Is it me, or is it the big DE?

Hmm, now that ive read this post the gore feel abit lacking. They likely removed the gore because of the move to ps4 and xb1, which are IMO more kid friendly

The PC and console are different builds, DE would have had to deliberately removed gore from the PC version even though they didn't need to. I hope that the lack of gore is a side effect of Damage 2.0 that they would be willing to fix, instead of a conscious decision derived from the limitations of consoles to make our version less fun.

I've seen gifs of the old gore, it looks a lot better than the current gore we've got.

With-only-32color.gif

......O_o.... i actually have no words... like.... yes it looks nice but at the same time this makes me cringe.... people want this O_o?! the current gore is fine.

and for the love of lotus put that man out of his misery dont just stare at him!!.

......O_o.... i actually have no words... like.... yes it looks nice but at the same time this makes me cringe.... people want this O_o?! the current gore is fine.

and for the love of lotus put that man out of his misery dont just stare at him!!.

Gore is serious becuase violence has serious consequences.

Gore is funny becuase we can be detached from the events of the medium we experience them.

Mature people can see things from more than one perspective at the same time.

Also that person was demonstrating the old gore, most people will take note but not always linger.

As cool as a proper gore slider would be, I don't see it being implemented, simply due to the amount of effort it would take.

Iirc all of the old gore effects are still in the game (or at least the files), with the lack of seeing them coming from the lower number of standard humanoid enemies (most of this games gore effects are re-purposed ones from the darkness 2, meaning non humanoid enemies lack true animations).

This coupled with the way damage is dealt out now means that we don't get to see many of the older, more satisfying, death animations

Until DE does give us a shiny new meat bicycle to play with, can I recommend getting a Braton Prime or a set of Akjagaras modded with blast damage?

They do wonders in terms of turning enemies into rapidly expanding clouds of meat.

There is almost no blood splatters in this game, it's kind of weird when you leave a room where you killed hundred of mobs and it's still as clean as when you entered it.

I was watching a killing floor 2 video on youtube, after 30 min of battle, the map is a bloody mess. I don't want something of this scale, but a little bit more than what we have right now would be better. In general there are almost no traces of our battles, it feels, i don't know, fake maybe.

Edited by Gilmaesh

This right here is the main reason why I still hate Damage 2.0. It made weapons BORING. No longer does the Fragor send everything flying, like you'd expect a 200 kg hammer to do. No longer does the Flux Rifle reduce enemies into a pile of wet gibs. No longer does the Furax slide attack give you that lovely SHORYUKEN vertical flight on your foes.

They just collapse like a puppet with its strings cut. And that's boring. Games aren't supposed to be boring.

Edited by DoomFruit

I think there's a lack of deeper levels of how the enemy bodies react to attacks.

More often than not when I cut through them with my blades, I just hear a metallic noise on impact and they just collapse on the ground without any blood or whatever.

I do hope to see a more lasting impact on them visually for doing that.

Then there's the Kohm, which oddly turns everything into giblets, sometimes even right after you kill someone and another round hits them, making them fly in a salad of globs and body parts.

Lastly, since that comic is on point with this discussion :

66_by_yuikami_da-d6adant.jpg

It seems the gore needs a rework aswell. I miss the impact of shooting them with varios weapons and see the effects on them. It feels lackluster at many moments, but also overdoes it at certain other.