Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De. Year Of Quality. Will Shotguns Ever Get Some Love?

Deathbricked

i was hoping this would be in one of the earlier updates. as shotguns as they stand are scantly underused. there was kohm! and then it got made hitscan and got damage falloff added.. the idea of damage falloff does make sense. though the range it does so does not. please. increase the effective range atleast and even then. lower the damage falloff over distance,

Your Hek is going to be reloading more than its going to be killing anyway. Boar Prime is and always will be the king of shotguns. High fire rate, high status chance, great spread, low reload, low recoil, very flexible builds, and looks great.

Thus is why I use Ammo Stock. 6 shots instead of 4.

the idea of damage falloff does make sense

NO it doesn't. The Standard shotguns of today have an effective range of 45 metres, even with buckshot. A slug goes about 4 times as far.

Video game shotguns< Real life shotguns, for some reason.

"MUH GUNS R BETTER THAN YOURS"

Seriously people, just use whatever bangstick you like. Why should you care when someone's using different weapons? 

On topic, yes, shotguns will get a rework. It's confirmed on Devstream 50 along with a bunch of other buffs. I've only used Phage so far, so I can't really comment on the others. But I'd like it if shotguns were something like Pyrana... No damage fall-off, but with extreme recoil, low accuracy and a huge spread, so you'd end up getting close to the enemy anyway. 

These threads with "Year of quality" in the title seem so chewed out. PLease stop doing it like it's a cool thing. If you got feedback for DE, I am pretty sure you can do it without that in your title, or anywhere in your post really.

Besides that, I was never a person to like shotguns, but Kohmak is hilarious and fun.

These threads with "Year of quality" in the title seem so chewed out. PLease stop doing it like it's a cool thing. If you got feedback for DE, I am pretty sure you can do it without that in your title, or anywhere in your post really.

Besides that, I was never a person to like shotguns, but Kohmak is hilarious and fun.

Doesn't matter if you like them or not, they are in a pretty bad situation.

i was hoping this would be in one of the earlier updates. as shotguns as they stand are scantly underused. there was kohm! and then it got made hitscan and got damage falloff added.. the idea of damage falloff does make sense. though the range it does so does not. please. increase the effective range atleast and even then. lower the damage falloff over distance,

YOU ARE ALL FREE TO HELP WITH THE FEEDBACK THEN...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/427731-shotguns-remove-damage-falloff-over-distance/

This topic has a lot of time there. yet... no response from devs....

OP, first, don't put that year of quality phrase. Don't use that phrase to guilt trip or whatever that word is.

feels like you're pushing or shoving them your hopes and dreams despite that they're already doing it. If not now, it's on the queue and will be done eventually.

Shotguns and snipers are slated for a buff this year, yes, but it's going to be a thorough rework, not just a buff. Expect it to take time

Yeah, it sounds all fine and dandy except for the fact that it's been a year and they're still "being looked at".

I hate how people keep using that "Year of Quality" phrase as if it's something to keep throwing in their face. To be honest, I just find that the phrase is a little bit irritating; just wait, and when it happens, let it happen.

OT: It'll most like be a complete revamp of how shotguns work. I expect it'll take sometime, as coding for these things (such as pellets, damage falloff, etc.) will take some time.