Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: 8 Forma = 1 Catalyst/reactor?

AlphaSierraMike

It would be nice to convert 8 Forma into a Catalyst or Reactor using like a blueprint or something.

They're pretty much functionally identical.... Assuming every slot has no polarity, every slot formaed with the appropriate polarity pretty much halves the amount of mod points used, besides the odd number mod points, so in a way, doubling capacity.

It'll be a nice way to burn some forma as well.

While I'm at it, it would also be nice if we could convert Catalyst to Reactor, and vice versa, at a cost of... maybe a forma? I dunno.

Edit:

Just for clarification, I'm not saying they should replace the Catalyst/Reactor in Market with this. This is simply for people that, as many have experience this past few weeks, have way too many forma to even use logically. I personally have burned 70+ forma on weapons that I've barely used.

8 Forma is just maximum amount that I personally would accept. I don't mind it being lower than that.

No, if you have plat to spend on a Catalyst/Reactor, then buy the god damn Catalyst/Reactor, not the 8 Forma. Seriously that's like asking whether I should by a hammer, or a tree and some iron ore, when at the end, I want a bloody hammer.

Edited by AlphaSierraMike

8 Forma to 1 potato is a giant rip-off, honestly. Wouldn't be worth it.

Not really.  Forma are so obnoxiously easy to get in the void and plenty of people have piles of them in their inventory.  There'd be a massive down turn in tater purchases from most higher mastery rank players if DE allowed this kind of conversion.

Edited by Aggh

Added some clarifications in the main post... I guess I wasn't on the same wavelength as others.

Also, this is not something that needs to be accessible for everyone. It's meant for people that have way too many Forma stockpiled like unused resources. Of course someone that has little to no forma shouldn't use this feature, they just have to go with the old method of waiting for alerts/invasions.

8 Forma to 1 Reactor/Catylist makes sense since forma halves the cost (rounded up though T-T) of each matching slot you polarize, and potatoes double the capacity. If they were to introduce alternate crafting materials to a seperate blueprint for potatoes, this could work. Assuming DE are willing to lose some profits from people who buy potatoes, due to their being no way to grind for them currently.

Assuming DE are willing to lose some profits from people who buy potatoes, due to their being no way to grind for them currently.

It's just common sense to know that any suggestion based on the willingness of a corporation to lose money will end in disappointment.

It's just common sense to know that any suggestion based on the willingness of a corporation to lose money will end in disappointment.

DE doesn't make money from people using plat, they make money from people buying plat. If the plat is already in the system, whether someone spends it or not doesn't make a difference. At the same time, someone who doesn't buy plat is still able to buy Catalysts/Reactors if they trade prime parts with other players, and in that case, the plat was brought by the buyer for trading. The money has already been deposited into DE's pockets, it doesn't matter where it goes.

So in a way, the act of Potato purchases and even trading between players in the market aren't directly aiding DE's income. It's that need for a shortcut that makes people buy plat. If people don't want to farm for prime parts or syndicate stuff, they'll buy plat to trade with others. If people don't want to farm prime parts and sell them to other players for plat, they'll buy plat. If people don't want spend a week to gather 8 forma BP, wait 9 days to make 8 formas and combine them into a Potato, which the BP might cost like 100k credit, they're still going to buy plat and spend it on a Potato.

Anything that's easier to get, drops in value.

Those who buy potatoes are people who are unwilling to wait for 1 month for a potato to become available in an alert.

Your suggestion is to drop that wait time to 2 weeks (time cost of materials included).

So then, only the people who are unwilling to wait 2 weeks will buy potatoes. See the drop in demand?

The economics of this game is based on the time vs. money decision. Your issue stems from the fact that you are unwilling to wait, yet also unwilling to spend.

There is no hope when you reject the foundation that this game os built on.

DE doesn't make money from people using plat, they make money from people buying plat. If the plat is already in the system, whether someone spends it or not doesn't make a difference. At the same time, someone who doesn't buy plat is still able to buy Catalysts/Reactors if they trade prime parts with other players, and in that case, the plat was brought by the buyer for trading. The money has already been deposited into DE's pockets, it doesn't matter where it goes.

The the more people that trade the more plat gets added to the trading scene, thus DE is still making money regardless if players get it from trading or buying it straight from the market. They already made the money regardless if the plat was spent, I can agree with that, but they still technically make money off of potatoes (and basically everything involving plat) because the people who buy the potatoes (or anything) have to get the plat from somewhere. One example is this creating a demand of platinum for the potato buyer, making them get it from a source whom's profit goes to DE by someone buying plat in the first place.

Edited by Vougue

So in a way, the act of Potato purchases and even trading between players in the market aren't directly aiding DE's income. It's that need for a shortcut that makes people buy plat. If people don't want to farm for prime parts or syndicate stuff, they'll buy plat to trade with others. If people don't want to farm prime parts and sell them to other players for plat, they'll buy plat. If people don't want spend a week to gather 8 forma BP, wait 9 days to make 8 formas and combine them into a Potato, which the BP might cost like 100k credit, they're still going to buy plat and spend it on a Potato.

Plats value to customers is based on the fact that only certain items can be bought with it.  When people spend plat, they maintain that value and keep plat's value from getting diluted.  Consequently, people spending plat does contribute to DE making money.  Allowing people to trade forma for taters would deal a pretty sizable blow to Plat's perceived purchasing power and thus would lead to a lesser amount of money being spent on plat overall.

Also, plenty of people have forma stockpiled and already built, and even more people have a massive pile forma BPs (I've got 92 and that's on the low side compared to a lot of people).  They aren't so hard to farm that it'd take a week to farm 8 forma BPs.  100k credits isn't exactly that much either.  That's 20 minutes on sechura/seimeni.

Edited by Aggh

Not really.  Forma are so obnoxiously easy to get in the void and plenty of people have piles of them in their inventory.  There'd be a massive down turn in tater purchases from most higher mastery rank players if DE allowed this kind of conversion.

If they're built, maybe.

Aside from that, that's literally using 280,000 Credits, 8 Orokin Cells, and waiting literally over a week for a single potato. I can't see that as anything other than a waste when I could wait probably the same amount of time for a blueprint to go on Alert and use a fraction of the resources to build it.

I have piles of Forma..................... blueprints. I build them when I need them. So maybe that's just my methodology talking.

Edited by Camelslayer

If they're built, maybe.

Aside from that, that's literally using 280,000 Credits, 8 Orokin Cells, and waiting literally over a week for a single potato. I can't see that as anything other than a waste when I could wait probably the same amount of time for a blueprint to go on Alert and use a fraction of the resources to build it.

I have piles of Forma..................... blueprints. I build them when I need them. So maybe that's just my methodology talking.

280k credits and 8 orokin cells are a drop in the bucket for most late game players who are spending millions of credits to level up mods and have piles of resources they're not spending.  Especially if it means a guaranteed potato every 8-9 days.

Edited by Aggh

Ive potatoed all my frames and most of my weapons at MR19. There is nothing weong with the current system. DE tosses enough oportunities for Catalyst BPs and Reactor BPs. It also isn't hard to buy the potato. 20 plat isn't to hard to come by in trades. Buying one Prime Access to the second level will give most frugal players more plat than they know what to do with. We do not need the ability to convert resources.

Now I wouldn't complain if DE added Catalyst and Reactor BPs to several void loot tables as a very rare chance.

Edited by Crewell