Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extremely Abnormal Skill Damage (And Messed Up Body Part Multiplier)

aerosoul1337

There is something wrong with Warframe ability damage.

Then I started to test. Since the armor calculation is more complex, I started with infested

Most noticeable: I cast tons of AoE and couldn't kill a single level 1 Ancient Disruptor.

There was no any other enemy around.

Ice Wave with 100% Power Strength on Swarm-Mutalist MOA

qLy5EwI.jpg

Damage = 1572  (299% of expected damage)

Avalanche with 100% Power Strength on Swarm-Mutalist MOA

K8OKUZZ.jpg

Damage = 3369  (299% of expected damage)

Ice Wave with 100% Power Strength (Frost P max rank, Ancient Disruptor Level 1)

EL5x7Pg.jpg

Damage = 26 (5% of expected damage)

Avalanche with 100% Power Strength (Frost P max rank, Ancient Disruptor Level 1)

1qcs4Kn.jpg

Damage = 56  (5% of expected damage)

cGSEnPV.jpg

Even if we ignore Ancient Disruptor's aura, there are still something unreasonable.

The following results are tested with max rank Frost P with 100% Power Strength.

All skills were aimed for torso, headshots were avoided.

Each result set has been tested for multiple times.

Extremely abnormal results are marked.

(Different browser may have different alignment.)

Type          Ice effect%     Test target            Freeze damage     Ice Wave damage         Avalanche damage

Infested        100%        expected result              350                         700                              1500             

Test result:

Charger                      349                         699                              1497

Leaper                        349                         699                              1497

I.Flesh          50%         expected result              175                          350                               750           

Test result:

Crawler                     175                           349                               749

Volatile Runner              175                           349                               749

Fossilized      75%       expected result              262.5                         525                              1125          

Test result:

Boiler                        262                           524                              1123

Brood Mother                 262                           524                              1123

Swarm-Mutalist MOA          262                          *1572                            *3369

Tar-Mutalist MOA            262                          *1572                            *3369

Ancient Healer               262                           *262                             *562

Toxic Ancient                  262                           *262                             *562

Corrupted Ancient               262                           *262                             *562

Ancient Disruptor              262                           *26                               *56

__________________________________________________________________________________________

If the table is not well aligned for your browser, check this picture:

MCuapQM.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________________

P.S.

Unlike Ancient Healer, Ancient Disruptor's aura can cover itself and other ancients.

Also I tested Saryn's Miasma and Excal's Javelin, they both deal correct damage at 100% power strength against Ancient Disruptor.

EDIT:

MORE Warframe SKILL TEST:

Tested some other skills against Ancient Healer and Disruptor:

(All skills were aimed for torso, headshots were avoided.)

Excalibur

Slash Dash: deals about 50% of expected damage against Ancient Healer, and deals about 5% of expected damage against Disruptor.

Javelin: deals about 100% of expected damage against both Ancients.

E.Blade: deals about 100% of expected damage against both Ancients. (without melee weapon or mod equipped, 100% power strength)

Ember

Fireball: deals about 50% of expected damage against both Ancients.

World on Fire: deals about 50% of expected damage against Ancient Healer.

And deals 5% of expected damage against Disruptor (direct damage is 5, heat proc is 200 per tick, weird enough).

Saryn

Venom: deals about 100% of expected damage against Ancient Healer, but deals "ZERO" damage against Disruptor.

Miasma: deals about 100% of expected damage for both Ancients. (100% power strength and 100% duration)

Rhino

Stomp: deals about 100% of expected damage against Ancient Healer, and deals about 10% of expected damage against Disruptor.

Loki

Disarm: deals about 100% of expected damage against Ancient Healer, but deals about 10% of expected damage against Disruptor.

There is no rule at all.

Ash

Shuriken: This is a tricky one since you can not aim it freely... most of the time it treats like you hit ancient's helm gear behind its head and deals 50% of expected damage for all ancients.

But if the Shuriken does hit the body, it deals about 100% correct damage for all ancients.

And headshot got 2x damage correctly but it's a bit hard since the helm gear seems to have large hit box, it even covers the FRONT side.

Blade Storm: deals about 50% of  expected damage against Ancient Healer, and deals about 5% of expected damage against Disruptor.

Welp, even FinishHer Finisher damage is not reliable.

Blade Storm hit Ancient healer. It is supposed to deal 2000 damage, but deals 998 damage instead.

mNiyoeX.jpg

It can not take proc damage in this picture because level 1 ancient is killed by 998 damage directly.

I have to test blade storm on low level enemies otherwise the chain effect and the camera is way too hard to handle.

Blade Storm hit Ancient Disruptor. It is supposed to deal 2000 damage, but deals only 100 damage.

But its proc deals 350 damage per tick (supposed to be 700).

67ADUVA.jpg

Atlas

Landslide deals 50% of expected damage against both ancient healer and disruptor.

Oberon

Smite deals 50% of expected damage against ancient healer, and deals 5% of expected damage against disruptor.

However, projectiles after this initial smite deal 100% of expected damage against disruptor, sometimes even 200%.

Reckoning deals 50% of expected damage against ancient healer, and deals 5% of expected damage against disruptor.

All Ancients takes half expected damage from certain skills. It has something to do with its helm gear behind its head.

Disruptor's aura reduces certain skills' damage by 90% further. But some skills are not effected.

Other fossilized enemies (Boiler and Brood mother) have no such issues.

Conclusions

1. Body part damage multiplier is completely messed up for a lot of warframe ability.

Especially non-Humanoid I guess.

Ancient's helm gear behind its head seems to take 0.5x damage.

And it is bugged for some warframe ability that takes that 0.5x multiplier no matter it's a radial effect or direct damage type.

But there are some victims as well...

Moa type enemies (except Anti MOA) seem to take 3x damage from certain radial skills.

Anti MOA has sightly different figure and it takes correct damage.

I think AoE/Radial ability should hit torso and use 1.0x damage multiplier on all enemies.

2. Ancient Disruptor's aura effectiveness is very weird.

It reduces CERTAIN (but not all) abilities damage by 90%. (did the reduction use to be so high?)

And it DOES cover itself and other ancients.

Ancient's aura should NOT cover itself or other ancients.

3.Anyways, CC abilities are not effected by both aura, CC for the win.

Edited by aerosoul1337

Disruptor aura has always been like this since launch, you can have MASSIVE damage in your abilities, but the moment these guys show up you will hardly scratch them. Hence the need for weapon damage, which they can hardly handle, unlike Healers.

If you really want to test it try it with some other frame, i've had 500k damage stored on Equinox day form, and with a Disruptor around that damage becomes useless. Is it OP? Wouldn't really say so, this is not something that is new to Warframe. Ever since Ancients got auras, these Disruptors have always been one of the top priorities because of this ability damage reduction.

Simply put, get your priorities straight, kill ancients first, ALWAYS, unless you feel like having heavy tankers around.

From the wiki: "Casts an aura that reduces radial and power damage received by nearby allies", aura may work on himself. It kinda fits your power table up to frost only, icewave and avalanche are radial attacks (not sure on icewave, seems areal), while freeze isn't. What I find odd is that miasma and radial javelin worked fine. May be a bug though, on either case, perhaps its damage reduction was intended but is bugged.

Edited by nms64

Excalibur

Slash Dash: deals about 50% of expected damage against Ancient Healer, and deals about 5% of expected damage against Disruptor.

Javelin: deals about 100% of expected damage for both Ancients.

E.Blade: deals about 100% of expected damage for both Ancients. (without melee weapon or mod equipped, 100% power strength)

Ember

Fireball: deals about 50% of expected damage for both Ancients.

And deals 5% of expected damage against Disruptor (direct damage is 5, heat proc is 200 per tick, weird enough).

Saryn

Venom: deals about 100% of expected damage against Ancient Healer, but deals "ZERO" damage against Disruptor.

Miasma: deals about 100% of expected damage for both Ancients. (100% power strength and 100% duration)

Rhino

Stomp: deals about 100% of expected damage against Ancient Healer, and deals about 10% of expected damage against Disruptor.

Loki

Disarm: deals about 100% of expected damage against Ancient Healer, but deals about 10% of expected damage against Disruptor.

There is no rule at all.

Ash

Shuriken: This is a tricky one since you can not aim it freely... most of the time it treats like you hit ancient's helm gear behind its head and deals 50% of expected damage for all ancients.

But if the Shuriken does hit the body, it deals about 100% correct damage for all ancients.

And headshot got 2x damage correctly but it's a bit hard since the helm gear seems to have large hit box, it even covers the FRONT side.

Blade Storm: deals about 50% of  expected damage against Ancient Healer, and deals about 5% of expected damage against Disruptor.

Blade Storm hit Ancient healer. It is supposed to deal 2000 damage, but deals 998 damage instead.

mNiyoeX.jpg

It can not take proc damage in this picture because level 1 ancient is killed by 998 damage directly.

I have to test blade storm on low level enemies otherwise the chain effect and the camera is way too hard to handle.

Blade Storm hit Ancient Disruptor. It is supposed to deal 2000 damage, but deals only 100 damage.

67ADUVA.jpg

Conclusion: (All these are tested as U17.2.2)

1.All Ancients takes half expected damage from certain skills. It has something to do with its helm gear behind its head.

2.Disruptor's aura reduces certain skills' damage by 90% further. But some skills are not effected.

3.Other fossilized enemies (Boiler and Brood mother) have no such issues.

4.I don't believe those skills work as intended, it need to be fixed.

5.If you don't want to bother with this bug with infested, use Excalibur or Saryn for quick runs if needed.

Edit: Rhino Stomp deals blast damage instead of impact damage. I corrected the expected damage.

Edited by aerosoul1337

Excalibur

Javelin: deals about 100% of expected damage for both.

E.Blade: deals about 100% of expected damage for both. (without melee weapon or mod equipped, 100% power strength)

Ember

Fireball: deals about 50% of expected damage for both.

And deals 5% of damage against Disruptor (direct damage is 5, heat proc is 200 per tick, weird enough).

Saryn

Miasma: deals about 100% of expected damage for both. (100% power strength and 100% duration)

Rhino

Stomp: always deals about 150% of expected damage against Ancient Healer, and deals about 15% of expected damage against Disruptor.

*Ancient has no weak spot that takes 150% damage, this is BS.

So I tested impact damage again, this time

Loki's Disarm: deals about 100% of expected damage against Ancient Healer, but deals about 10% of expected damage against Disruptor.

There is no rule at all.

Ash

Shuriken: This is a tricky one since you can not aim it freely... most of the time it hit on ancient's helm gear and deals 50% of expected damage for all ancients.

And headshot got 2x damage correctly.

But it's proc deals 350 damage per tick (supposed to be 700).

Conclusion: (All these are tested as U17.2.2)

1.All Ancients takes half expected damage from certain skills.

2.Disruptor's aura reduces certain skills' damage by 90% further. But some skills still deal correct damage.

3.Other fossilized enemies (Boiler and Brood mother) have no such issues.

4.Ancient Healer + Disruptor can cover each other perfectly now...

5.I don't believe this is intended, it need to be fixed.

Yeah that's f*cked up.

From the wiki: "Casts an aura that reduces radial and power damage received by nearby allies", aura may work on himself. It kinda fits your power table up to frost only, icewave and avalanche are radial attacks (not sure on icewave, seems areal), while freeze isn't. What I find odd is that miasma and radial javelin worked fine. May be a bug though, on either case, perhaps its damage reduction was intended but is bugged.

Still there is still something wrong for other ancients, most skill deals halved damage.

And I believe Slash Dash and Blade Storm is "direct hit" instead of  radial effect.

Two things:

1. Body part damage multiplier is completely messed up for a lot of warframe ability.

And it is bugged for some warframe ability that takes that 0.5x multiplier no matter it's a radial effect or direct damage type.

Moa type enemies (except Anti MOA) seem to take 3x damage from certain radial skills.

Avalanche with 100% Power Strength on Corpus MOA

YuQeshu.jpg

4492 damage (removed shield for easier reading

direct damage Robotic health: Cold should deal 100% damage)

4500 damage is basically 3x damage of Avalanche's 1500 cold damage.

It reduces CERTAIN (but not all) abilities damage by 90%. (did the reduction use to be so high?)

Edited by aerosoul1337

At what range, you tested the ability with other frame?

My theory is, your ability will deal unexpected damage only if you're in certain range of the ancient.

For example, with Ash's Bladestorm, you literally use finisher on it, so you must be in close range, thus the damage reduction.

While with Exaliber's Javelin you can do it far from the ancient. Therefore, no damage reduction.

At what range, you tested the ability with other frame?

My theory is, your ability will deal unexpected damage only if you're in certain range of the ancient.

For example, with Ash's Bladestorm, you literally use finisher on it, so you must be in close range, thus the damage reduction.

While with Exaliber's Javelin you can do it far from the ancient. Therefore, no damage reduction.

From point blank to max range, all tested.

All are the same.

I think you don't know how ancient's aura work.

It's not where you are...

Ancient Heal can not cover itself and other ancient. -> The point of test on healer is "multiplier is applied incorrectly".

The reason why it does 3x damage on moas is because it hits the fanny pack which is the critical hit spot.

And that is why I have always fought corpus with frost :)

Of course I know, that's the point of the title.

Radial ability is supposed to hit on TORSO for all enemies.

Edited by aerosoul1337

I think you don't know how ancient's aura work.

It's not where you are...

Ancient Heal can not cover itself and other ancient. -> The point of test on healer is "multiplier is applied incorrectly".

I know how ancient's Aura work. The reason I ask is I want to know whether they has some "Secret" aura that debuff warframe instead, which is not the case here.

Beside, more data = better.

Oh boy, those are certainly interesting numbers.

Hopefully they'll look into it soon!~

Because that's really strange regarding the polarizing damages.

Weird enough right?

But how come no body noticed that...

World on Fire is so broken...

Deals about 50% of expected damage against Ancient Healer.

Disruptor aura reduces power damage by 90%, and Fossilized health resists Cold by 25%.

For the moas, you're hitting the Fanny Pack with your AOE, which explains the 3x damage.  

Didn't you read the Conclusions?

It reduces CERTAIN (but not all) abilities damage by 90%.

AoE/Radial ability is supposed to hit on TORSO (1.0x multiplier) for all enemies.

But certain abilities deal only 50% expected  damage on ancients (before Disruptor aura effect).

Those skill hit 0.5X body part (head gear below ancient's head).

And if you did read other frames' skill test, you will know it's completely messed up.

Excalibur

Javelin: deals about 100% of expected damage for both Ancients.

E.Blade: deals about 100% of expected damage for both Ancients. (without melee weapon or mod equipped, 100% power strength)

Ember

Fireball: deals about 50% of expected damage for both Ancients.

Saryn

Rhino

Loki

There is no rule at all.

Ash

Even FinishHer Finisher damage is not reliable.

mNiyoeX.jpg

67ADUVA.jpg

Edited by aerosoul1337

Basically, the only finding in this thread is that Ancients' back plates take 50% damage.  All of your other findings are consistent with what's expected.

I found that in order to get headshots with Fireball, I had to aim for the spot in between the backplate and the face tentacles.  Anything below gave a bodyshot while anything above hit the backplate for reduced damage.  Headshots were trivial to get from a 45% angle upward from the Ancient, but more tricky to do from ground level.  I guess I've just unconsciously been aiming them properly  when I played Ember, and chalked up any non-headshots to auras or w/e.