Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Compilation Of Known "the Jordas Verdict" Trial Bugs/exploits/skips

Celestics

Patch 17.10.3 fixed a LOT of bugs. Some still remain.

=== PHASE 1 ===

• Host Injector Charge Bug - If you are the host, you may notice that pressing the interact key (default X) while having injector charges may still deplete them without being near Vaporizers. This is a bug that is likely caused by the game assuming you are close to a Vaporizer while you really aren't. If you host the trial, take good care to make sure the interact prompt is displayed while you are NEAR a Vaporizer before you use the charge!
  • Door Out-of-Bounds Bug - Once you complete the Archwing segment of this phase, some players may be trapped outside of the door leading into the next area. This may be due to on of two reasons: (1) the player moves while the cutscene happens and goes through the door before it closes, or (2) the player never gets warped straight into the next zone, and gets stuck outside in Archwing mode. Option (2) seems more likely, and may be due to failure of the game to locate the player.

=== PHASE 2 ===

We have not found any bugs here.

=== PHASE 3 ===

This phase should be safe now.

• Melee-Spore Damage Bug - Meleeing the spore may have a chance to directly damage it. The cause is unknown.
  • Permanent Death Purge Bug - There is a small chance that dying after the 15-second Purge sequence will permanently kill you in the entire mission if you are a client. No Revive/Abort prompt is given, which completely softlocks the game. Completion of the mission with other party members will still net affected players the rewards.
  •  Nerve 2 Vaporizer Bug - If you get off the pads while the Esophage in the center room is trying to move the Vaporizer, it may cause a bug where the Vaporizer never moves but the Esophage will not move it again afterwards.
  •  Nerve 3 Skip - There is a known skip for nerve 3 that allows you to skip destroying the explosive container and entering through the door under the nerve room. The bottom zone Esophage links directly to the Esophage in the nerve room. Activate this lower Esophage with the Vaporizer below. Then, a teammate can use a Punch-Through weapon or melee with large range to activate the Esophage in the nerve room and allow the player in the lower room to take it straight into the room itself.

-----

[ANY INFORMATION BELOW ARE BUGS FROM PATCH 17.10.1]

It appears that DERebecca has responded to this post. I will now update this post as appropriate for patch 17.10.1.

RECENT EDIT: We believe we found out how to fix the Jordas Nerve 1 Bug. Check the below bugs for more info.

Similar format. I'll list down known bugs via phase number.

=== PHASE 1 ===

• Host Injector Charge Bug - If you are the host, you may notice that pressing the interact key (default X) while having injector charges may still deplete them without being near Vaporizers. This is a bug that is likely caused by the game assuming you are close to a Vaporizer while you really aren't. If you host the trial, take good care to make sure the interact prompt is displayed while you are NEAR a Vaporizer before you use the charge!
  • Door Out-of-Bounds Bug - Once you complete the Archwing segment of this phase, some players may be trapped outside of the door leading into the next area. This may be due to on of two reasons: (1) the player moves while the cutscene happens and goes through the door before it closes, or (2) the player never gets warped straight into the next zone, and gets stuck outside in Archwing mode. Option (2) seems more likely, and may be due to failure of the game to locate the player.
  • Decryption Disconnect Crash - Found by Mizucario. Trying to rejoin during the Decryption segment IMMEDIATELY crashes your game and prevents you from rejoining in the future.

=== PHASE 2 ===

Surprisingly, there are few to no bugs during this segment. This may be the fact that this phase is quite short compared to the others.

• Pressure Pad Bug - Sometimes pressing both pads to open the hacking doors may not work. You'll need to step off and step on them again. This is usually a client-side issue.
  • Hacking Door Bug - Sometimes the door to the console will never open upon hacking the console, trapping the player inside.

=== PHASE 3 ===

This is by far the MOST annoying phase in terms of bugs. Most of our runs have died here just because the game wouldn't recognize we've completed a phase.

• Melee-Spore Damage Bug - Meleeing the spore may have a chance to directly damage it. The cause is unknown.
  •  Esophage Disable Bug - Shooting at an Esophage activates it. If the other linked Esophage is active, you are able to use this trick to jump through the link. However, in the case where multiple teammates shoot the Esophage too quickly, a bug may occur where the Esophage is toggled off and is hence permanently disabled until the next shot after a long delay. This is most disruptive during nerve 2.
  •  Purge Timer Failure Bug - This bug kills most of all failed runs, speedruns or not. The bug is believed to be a HOST/CLIENT issue. We have repoduced it by having the host inside the body when the Purge goes off. Whenever the host never even enters the body, the bug never occurs. For nerves 2 and 3, the host may still enter.
  •  Permanent Death Purge Bug - There is a small chance that dying after the 15-second Purge sequence will permanently kill you in the entire mission if you are a client. No Revive/Abort prompt is given, which completely softlocks the game. Completion of the mission with other party members will still net affected players the rewards.
  •  Nerve 1 Skip/Exploit - You can completely skip the puzzle for nerve 1 by charging the Vaporizer that enables the nerve. Then, by using a melee with a large range (Glaive Prime melee combo), you can stand near the dome separating you and the nerve and charge an attack that explodes under you. This kills the nerve immediately. Punch-through with the Ignis also work.
  •  Nerve 2 Container Vaporizer Glitch - In the nerve 2 segment you need to move the container containing a Vaporizer up to a door in the main zone. Charging this Vaporizer WHILE it goes up may cause a glitch where the serum fields do NOT break the infestation on the console, preventing a hack until the Vaporizer resets.
  •  Nerve 3 Skip - There is a known skip for nerve 3 that allows you to skip destroying the explosive container and entering through the door under the nerve room. The bottom zone Esophage links directly to the Esophage in the nerve room. Activate this lower Esophage with the Vaporizer below. Then, a teammate can use a Punch-Through weapon or melee with large range to activate the Esophage in the nerve room and allow the player in the lower room to take it straight into the room itself.

-----

[ANY INFORMATION BELOW ARE BUGS FROM PATCH 17.9.0]

I talked with Rebecca regarding certain bugs that are hi-priority to be fixed, and I've decided to post a list of known bugs for the current raid here.

You may have been seeing a ton of repeat parties getting top times for the recent trial.
I'm from one of those teams, and for the purpose of helping new teams and players through the trial I've compiled a list of bugs and exploits that you may want to use (hopefully they are not patched hehe) or avoid.

This is in no way a GUIDE to the raid. If you want a guide on how to beat the trial, search on Youtube for a few videos (we do have our speedrun videos posted) or check out the Wiki.

We'll split these into three sections, one for each phase.

=== PHASE 1 ===

• Visual Spore Bug - As a client, destruction of the spore may not actually remove it from the field. You'll see blue spheres remaining when this visual bug occurs. Ramming or meleeing into these "ghosts" of the spores will still move them, so you can still have them hit the next set of walls. Odonata shields and Repel will also move these entities.
  • Host Injector Charge Bug
  • Armor Integrity Death Bug - Being revived as soon as you are downed by the effect of 0% Armor Integrity may immediately down you again as soon as you revive. This is best seen with a Nekros using the Soul Survivor augment.

=== PHASE 2 ===

Surprisingly, there are few to no bugs during this segment. This may be the fact that this phase is quite short compared to the others.

• Pressure Pad Bug

=== PHASE 3 ===

This is by far the MOST annoying phase in terms of bugs. Most of our runs have died here just because the game wouldn't recognize we've completed a phase.

• Melee-Spore Damage Bug
  •  Esophage Disable Bug
  •  Jordas Invulnerability Glitch - I am fairly confident this kills most speedruns for this trial. Dealing too much damage to the Golem after the Purge sequence following the death of a nerve and BEFORE he unhooks from his platform will likely cause a glitch where he is permanently invulnerable. He will never leave his post, which results in an impossible run. There is a small chance that you can kill the Golem in the minutes following after; however, this softlocks the entire mission. There is speculation in our team that having dead teammates in the body will also cause this glitch, although I do not believe this is the case.
  •  Permanent Death Purge Bug
  •  Nerve 1 Skip/Exploit
  •  Nerve 2 Container Vaporizer Glitch
  •  Nerve 3 Vaporizer Range Bug

Edited by Celestics

Glitching the first nerve with punch through still bugs out Jordas.  This can happen easily by accident with melee.  Engines engage but no purge.  He doesn't leave his perch and remains invulnerable.

Edited by Wotca

Glitching the first nerve with punch through still bugs out Jordas.  This can happen easily by accident with melee.  Engines engage but no purge.  He doesn't leave his perch and remains invulnerable.

Just had this happen now too - is punch through the cause? Hearing same symptoms from many with different causes listed. 

-

=== Phase 3 ===

•  Esophage Disable Bug - Shooting at an Esophage activates it. If the other linked Esophage is active, you are able to use this trick to jump through the link. However, in the case where multiple teammates shoot the Esophage too quickly, a bug may occur where the Esophage is toggled off and is hence permanently disabled until the next shot after a long delay. This is most disruptive during nerve 2.

•  Jordas Invulnerability Glitch - I am fairly confident this kills most speedruns for this trial. Dealing too much damage to the Golem after the Purge sequence following the death of a nerve and BEFORE he unhooks from his platform will likely cause a glitch where he is permanently invulnerable. He will never leave his post, which results in an impossible run. There is a small chance that you can kill the Golem in the minutes following after; however, this softlocks the entire mission. There is speculation in our team that having dead teammates in the body will also cause this glitch, although I do not believe this is the case.

•  Permanent Death Purge Bug - There is a small chance that dying after the 15-second Purge sequence will permanently kill you in the entire mission if you are a client. No Revive/Abort prompt is given, which completely softlocks the game. Completion of the mission with other party members will still net affected players the rewards.

•  Nerve 1 Skip/Exploit - You can completely skip the puzzle for nerve 1 by charging the Vaporizer that enables the nerve. Then, by using a melee with a large AoE (Glaive Prime explosion preferred), you can stand near the dome separating you and the nerve and charge an attack that explodes under you. This kills the nerve immediately.

•  Nerve 2 Container Vaporizer Glitch - In the nerve 2 segment you need to move the container containing a Vaporizer up to a door in the main zone. Charging this Vaporizer WHILE it goes up may cause a glitch where the serum fields do NOT break the infestation on the console, preventing a hack until the Vaporizer resets.

•  Nerve 3 Vaporizer Range Bug - In some cases the Vaporizer at the zone underneath the main area on nerve 3 may be difficult to charge due to a bug where the prompt does not reliably show up.

I can attest to most of these bugs.

Due to a response from DE staff, I have edited the original post to include more bugs we have discovered.

A quick statement: I have been seeing a lot of players say that the nerve 1 skip bugs out Jordas. I am confident in saying it is not the SOLE cause. There must be a reason why it's more likely for the glitch to occur when the nerve 1 skip occurs, however, and we are testing to see whether the time at which you kill the nerve affects anything.

I was in the same run as Rebecca and actually the person who shot the first nerve. I had my Synoid Simulor with me which appeared to not being able to damage the nerve at all, had to switch to my secondary to destroy it.

But like Rebecca said purge did not happen after that. In such cases one of the first thing i would normally check is if it is a host/client issue. Can anybody here confirm or deny that if a client shoots the nerve you can progress?

But like Rebecca said purge did not happen after that. In such cases one of the first thing i would normally check is if it is a host/client issue. Can anybody here confirm or deny that if a client shoots the nerve you can progress?

No matter if the first nerve is destroyed by the host or the client the purge never works for my party.

Just had this happen now too - is punch through the cause? Hearing same symptoms from many with different causes listed. 

I've had this bug happen on every JV run after 17.10.0, not always would the nerve be killed with a melee/punch through installed on a weapon.

In last 7 attempts (including the pre-patch victorious ones) I had portion of the squad spawn ahead at the elevator and wait for the rest of us to be finished with opening the door :P

Edited by Raniu

I had it happen with my Orthos Prime + Reach which killed the nerve, though I tried shooting it before with my Sancti Tigris + Seeking Fury and it didn't penetrate the glass.

EDIT: I was a client.

Edited by Coolbeans1

I was in the same run as Rebecca and actually the person who shot the first nerve. I had my Synoid Simulor with me which appeared to not being able to damage the nerve at all, had to switch to my secondary to destroy it.

I can even confirm this further. However I WILL be testing to see if it is a host problem or not

i found out how to avoid the nerve bugs, and if its a host/client issue or not

you need to have the host inside golem while you do the steps, but they have to leave before you destroy the nerve, because if host hasnt entered at all/is still in when the nerve is destroyed you won't be able to progress

i found out how to avoid the nerve bugs, and if its a host/client issue or not

you need to have the host inside golem while you do the steps, but they have to leave before you destroy the nerve, because if host hasnt entered at all/is still in when the nerve is destroyed you won't be able to progress

I've been playing around with Host to see if there has been an effect as well.  One run we specifically called on the Host only to destroy the nerves (no skip on nerve 1).  The Host popped all 3 of them and the mission progressed normally.  We completed it.  This seems to contradict your findings.  However, it also does not prove that the Host is required to do it.  Perhaps it is a lag issue when a client destroys it, but as a lag issue it would only occur sometimes.  Kind of like the tram client issue in LoR.

On the next run we disregarded Host altogether and just ran as a normal squad without powering the first box at all until the nerve room was opened.  This was a successful run as well.  For me it's not enough to ask people not to glitch the nerve.  Gotta be sure the box isn't powered at all or you can do the skip unintentionally, maybe without even knowing your squad did so.

Don't know if either of these findings are useful because there are too many variables to nail it down so easily.