July 19Th: Community Hot Topics

[DE]Rebecca

1. Difficulty & Nightmare mode

We've been making tweaks to difficulty since Update 9, including boss scaling (Level 100 Vor anyone?) and Elite Grineer enemy types. These will continue to be adjusted along the way for balance.

We've also been tweaking Nightmare mode quite a bit, with further tweaks to come. We're hearing a lot of people would like this toggle-able as nodes become Nightmare only, we will move forward with this in mind.

2. Update 9, now what?

See Steve's comprehensive list here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/80898-update-9-next-steps/

3. Continued UI improvements.

We've made a lot of changes with Update 9 (Foundry, Star-Chart), and a lot more UI work needs to done, consider what you see in the Foundry the first step to the coming gradual changes to the UI as a whole.

4. "Pupils"

We have added a new user group for our players who have not yet completed 3 missions in Warframe. Users in the "Pupil" group will be able to read our forums, but not contribute until they have become experienced enough in game. If you accidentally find yourself in this group and know you have completed 3 or more missions, simply log out and in.

5. General Mod Pool

Resistances? Handsprings? We're seeing a lot of continued feedback on what people consider to be useless mods, or mods that should not be mods at all. This is a continued discussion here on what kinds of things we want to be customizable with our mod system.

6. Clan Emblems sans preview?

I think people have a good point that they would like to see what their emblem will look like before it is uploaded. Will make this request known on our end, stay tuned for developments in this area. In the meantime, we will work on putting up an image of "what your emblem will look like" so we can assist in our players getting the desired emblem. For example, what it will look like if you upload a 128 x 128 .png that is photo-realistic vs. black and white symbol. Workin' on this right now!
Tada: 99WSa1u.png

Both of the images uploaded are 128 x 128 .png with a transparent background. This is how they render in game.

What about weapons skins? :-)

Primes and Vandals really ought to be skins instead of being their own weapons. Similarly, the Brokk Hammer feels like it's getting unfair treatment since Vor's Seer gets to be it's own weapon.

edit: Quote from Steve, about weapons skins.

Agreed - we need to do better with our skins, totally.

edit again: Also, dividing up mod slots into pools in which only certain mods could be equipped could affect the mod pool situation. (Must be done very carefully to avoid crippling builds.)

Edited by Lumireaver

Primes and Vandals really ought to be skins instead of being their own weapons. Similarly, the Brokk Hammer feels like it's getting unfair treatment since Vor's Seer gets to be it's own weapon.

Why should they be skins..?

Edited by Notso

4. "Pupils"

We have added a new user group for our players who have not yet completed 3 missions in Warframe. Users in the "Pupil" group will be able to read our forums, but not contribute until they have become experienced enough in game. If you accidentally find yourself in this group and know you have completed 3 or more missions, simply log out and in.

I think people have a good point that they would like to see what their emblem will look like before it is uploaded. Will make this request known on our end, stay tuned for developments in this area. In the meantime, we will work on putting up an image of "what your emblem will look like" so we can assist in our players getting the desired emblem. For example, what it will look like if you upload a 128 x 128 .png that is photo-realistic vs. black and white symbol. Workin' on this right now!

Both of the above are good features. You could maybe try implementing a mentor system, master players can train apprentices. You can have that idea for free.

This is sort of unrelated but its hot outside so will there be any summer themed events like the easter one? You could use swim wear and beach balls.

Edited by Toko

5. General Mod Pool

Resistances? Handsprings? We're seeing a lot of continued feedback on what people consider to be useless mods, or mods that should not be mods at all. This is a continued discussion here on what kinds of things we want to be customizable with our mod system.

Both of the images uploaded are 128 x 128 .png with a transparent background. This is how they render in game.

5) And artifacts too, now that they're mods too, well... actually auras. Scavengers. *shudder*

6) It's just a flat, floating sprite right? That DE logo actually look pretty smexy. The cat... not so fitting. I'm thinking simpler, less-busy designs probably fit into the game better.

1. Difficulty & Nightmare mode

We've been making tweaks to difficulty since Update 9, including boss scaling (Level 100 Vor anyone?) and Elite Grineer enemy types. These will continue to be adjusted along the way for balance.

We've also been tweaking Nightmare mode quite a bit, with further tweaks to come. We're hearing a lot of people would like this toggle-able as nodes become Nightmare only, we will move forward with this in mind.

2. Update 9, now what?

See Steve's comprehensive list here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/80898-update-9-next-steps/

3. Continued UI improvements.

We've made a lot of changes with Update 9 (Foundry, Star-Chart), and a lot more UI work needs to done, consider what you see in the Foundry the first step to the coming gradual changes to the UI as a whole.

4. "Pupils"

5. General Mod Pool

Eeuuh, how awesome do you guys plan on making this game ? The amount of awesomeness on the part of DE is just too overwhelming, can we expect a nerf soon ?!? Also a little heads up would be welcome on how much more awesome you intend on making this game. Right now i'm having a hard time dealing with this OP'd awesomeness of yours, could we have it as an option as well (like nightmare mode)? I mean, up 'til now online games provided a limited amount of awesomeness. The game would only be as awesome as it was when you first tried it. But you DE, brought this to a whole new level. Every week the game reaches new levels of awesomeness, and I'm not sure i can survive the next level of awesomeness you guys seem to be heading to, any tips on how to deal with this better ? Maybe make a tutorial on it ? Any help would be welcome thanks = )

Oh and BTW ....    KEEP IT BANGING !!!!!!!

I have a suggestion for Vampire mode. Have areas throughout the level have a dark red fog on the floor, this fog triggers the effect of vampire mode, health loss and gain from killing. Do not have this fog on elevators or on the spawn area OR extraction area. Challenge remains, problems solved.

I very much do not like this 1% health fix. As now I can easily just face tank the level with high shields. It removes the urgency and therefore the excitement. Rebecca, I know you're reading this, and I hope Steve is too, because this fix is bad mkay? Put your pink shorts on.

Why should they be skins..?

Several reasons. In no particular order:

• There is a skin system which is being underutilized. Primes and Vandals are fundamentally reskins, but they're not treated as such in-game.
  • Tying them to their base models makes it so that those base weapons remain relevant to your gameplay experience for much longer, taking a bit of the edge off of power creep.
  • Reintroducing them as skins paves the way for more different variations. IE: Infested-assimilated models, or Grineer refittings of Corpus tech.

Huge discussion on the topic here, do keep in mind that being skins doesn't make them any less exclusive, and that they could easily retain their statistical bonuses as skins. 

For testing purposes, would it be possible to assign a texture that isn't in the archived data, say, in a folder in Warframe's installation directory. If the texture is present, it uses that for the client's Clan Logo if they don't have an online Clan Logo. After a relevant Clan Logo has been detected online, the texture is deleted.

Could be helpful for testing your clan emblem before uploading.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

will there be an option to report some clan emblems, I can see some trollin potential with them.

No need - logo's have to be approved by DE before they are uploaded. 

On another note, sure you're aware, but Nova's power colours are still bugged (seems similar to the unfinished weapon colours back before U8). Changing the energy colour does effect the colour of wormhole - but only in singleplayer. In a multiplayer match it reverts to the default blue. 

Should be an easy fix, perhaps it could make it into the new hotfix? Pretty please? @_@

Edited by 11.11.11

edit: Quote from Steve, about weapons skins.

edit again: Also, dividing up mod slots into pools in which only certain mods could be equipped could affect the mod pool situation. (Must be done very carefully to avoid crippling builds.)

i completely agree on them being skins they are just slight look and stat differences would fit in the system much better being skins. would also fix them giving seperate mastery points when they really shouldnt count as another weapon/frame.

i completely agree on them being skins they are just slight look and stat differences would fit in the system much better being skins. would also fix them giving seperate mastery points when they really shouldnt count as another weapon/frame.

Mind you mastery may be exactly why we keep getting new primes in the first place. The max rank keeps increasing, so new weapons are needed so players can earn the mastery to acheive them - but often DE is busy with other content - new tilesets, fixes etc. Primes are an easy way of adding more mastery to the pool, and a sense of variety to the weapon selections - but with only new art assets required, and a tweak of existing weapon coding. 

Work the difficulty of nightmare mode to be an actual nightmare cause it's slowly degrading down to slightly bothersome mode.

And keeping cash for rejected icons i still find kind of weird even though this is probably done to so there isnt any trolling.