Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

lore of umbras and prime theories.

Meicoomon_Prime

The primes was the frames used to bodyguard and protect the orokin in the void. due to them getting energy pulse from the death orbs. backing this theory, every warframe made is getting a prime, as does every frame made has had umbra for taking down sentients. Now, what is the "normal" frames then? my theory on that is they are tenno made frames. archived and cut down just in case of the major fall or needing to make massive amounts of new frames without the orokin if many frames was destroyed.

most orokin systems had BIO aka DNA linked systems. the rad we collect has that DNA to open up the relics, void traces is traces of the void to open up more hidden stuff of the relic.

the Umbras was the first frames, as seen in the sacrifice. 
 the frames was failure due to them all having the minds and then turned on them. explains the horror in the orokin derelict. (Rhinos prime entry of him attacking the orokin). umbras by the tells of it has killing sentients as their perk with the mods and as they are first. the Orokin old war was mainly fighting Sentients. 

The primes was made after the old war, the orokin weaken but with great power with the frames. sayrn Prime was made to cleanse the earth from the infested. Vauban, The croups killer and watchmen. 

my little theory of why their is some frames black, but some is white. the frames that is mainly out in the field has the umbra look to them, as the white frames was mainly at the orokin towers protecting the orokin. the another idea why is how close they can be 7 main powerful Orokin. excal can make perfect protector, blinding the attacks as they come in, use sword dash, and you pretty much get Idea.   

There's no indication that Umbras were before Primes and vice versa.Nor that all Umbras (i guess there can't be more than 10) kept their memories.Primes were made during the Old War and many of them or even all had a mind of their own before the Orokin figured the Tenno can control the frames, the normal frames are lesser versions of the Primes, not Orokin made, this we know so far at least.As for the colors idk.

Yes. “Normal” frames are made by the Tenno. They can’t make Primes without the original blueprints and parts so they make the standard versions for them to use.

I’ve always thought that prime frames are very very rare lorewise, even if most if not all players do have them gameplaywise.

As for primes/umbras? I also think that umbras are the first ones, before the tenno appeared and then they improved the formulae with the tenno.

Edited by Rayden_Tenno

9 hours ago, Meicoomon_Prime said:

The primes was the frames used to bodyguard and protect the orokin in the void. due to them getting energy pulse from the death orbs. backing this theory, every warframe made is getting a prime, as does every frame made has had umbra for taking down sentients. Now, what is the "normal" frames then? my theory on that is they are tenno made frames. archived and cut down just in case of the major fall or needing to make massive amounts of new frames without the orokin if many frames was destroyed.

Devstream 5 (DE Steve):

"The Warframes that you have normally are built by the Tenno and they, kinda, suit what the Tenno are and the primes are the Original designs from the Orokin Era"

Also Umbra certainly has no indication of being "first" It was quite clear that the concept of Tenno piloting Warframes was in place when Ballas made Umbra.

Also it doesn't fit the timeline:

Ballas prepares the Vitruvian for the Sentients talking about the Tenno and the Warframes that were made after the "Bio-Drones" failed, then Ballas talks to Isaah's Father talking about the betrayal (That had already happened), Umbra came after Warframes were established as Tenno transference-surrogates.

Edited by SilentMobius

5 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

Devstream 5 (DE Steve):

Also Umbra certainly has no indication of being "first" It was quite clear that the concept of Tenno piloting Warframes was in place when Ballas made Umbra.

Also it doesn't fit the timeline:

Ballas prepares the Vitruvian for the Sentients talking about the Tenno and the Warframes that were made after the "Bio-Drones" failed, then Ballas talks to Isaah's Father talking about the betrayal (That had already happened), Umbra came after Warframes were established as Tenno transference-surrogates.

okay, during the whole quest when i heard ballas say "the warframes, all of them are failures" until they found the tenno can go into frames, clam them and keep them at peace. ( by how it is said). this whole "theory" is what all linked up in my mind after playing the quest then read codex. if umbra was not the first actual warframe. then what was? excal prime is mindless and had fix the "flaw" of having its own mind still.  now this whole lore don't even make no sense as many lore people is even saying the umbra frames was first frames until they found the way to wipe out the memory of the host (warframe itself).  

Personally I believe Excalibur Prime was the first true “warframe” as we know them to be: powerful, stable, and controllable. Umbra was created later near the closing of the Old War, since Ballas had already betrayed the Orokin and put the plan to send in Lotus as a double-agent in motion. The reason for Umbra’s wildness is a side-effect of Ballas’s intentions: he wanted Umbra to suffer for discovering his betrayal and so ensured that he would be forever plagued by the memory of killing his own son. Umbra imo was no prototype, in fact his increased usefulness against sentients compared to the other Excalibur variants implies a refinement of the Warframe design (which as you all know, was to turn the tide against the Sentients). 

So basically in my mind, Ballas used a improved Helminth formula on Umbra to turn him into a Warframe, and with his knowledge of the transformation process set up a scenario where Umbra’s last/only memory would be killing Issah in order to torture him.

Edited by OmegaZero633

What we know about warframes:

-Primes are the prototype and non-prime are the weaker mass production type. Orokins build the normal warframes too as evidenced by some non-prime warframes involved in the old war (Gara, Mirage).

-The first functional warframe was an unidentified model of Excalibur, presumably the Prime but we never get an evidence.

-The Umbra came at least after the first warframe, presumably the later half of the old war. Hunhow was already losing the war at that time that's why Ballas had to reveal the secret of Lua to him in TS. Helminth was already a thing and various warframes were made at the time albeit most of them failed (going feral, disobedient) and that's why they added Tenno into the plan also to control the feral warframes.

Edited by Marvelous_A