The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Solo Players Going To Be Punished Again?

WARLOCKE

Each event solo players have to do 4x the work to get the same points as four player PuG. Playing solo is already a drawback vs co-op, and a big one on higher difficulties,t3 def high wave pluto nightmare ect. But then solo players are FURTHER taxed at events by having to make more points. So, because lack of scaling for game size you have more than enough reason/reward for people to co-op, this further taxation is not needed.

I understand that this post will be fire-boomed and trolled into oblivion because solo is antisocial yo..S.I.A.Y it.

And not to make this into a solo vs coop thread but it needs to be said that thousands of players play solo for many different and respectable reasons. For background I will state I play both modes.

Im just not understanding the reason for the solo tax n events when you already "punish" soloing by a higher diffculty curve. Here we go!

I'm personally hoping these'll be like the V-tron even, in which soloing reigned supreme. My clan is made up of mostly solo players, and we were ahead in that event by a significant margin. All events since, we've come in fourth or fifth...

Personally, I would say surviving solo would be easier, since you only have to worry about yourself.

Muhahaha! bring on the solo-whips!

You shall all be dipped in caramel and rolled in legos.

A clan of soloplayers...nice clan XD

On a more serious note: While it may be harder, maybe it will just be twice as hard...sorry i can't be serious it's to late.

LEEEEGOOOOOSS I TELL YOU!!!

Edited by Lactamid

I'm a solo player and yes, it makes sense that solo players should be punished (or more appropriately, "less rewarded").

The only question is how much. The last couple events were so punishing to solo players that it was completely pointless to solo at all, i think there was a thread on that topic sometime ago.

Yes, this game is co-op. But they put solo in and now they have to deal with it. If an event is not considered plausible by the devs and they're not willing to make solo viable then at the very least advise people of that.

Just saying it's co-op is not enough. We know it's co-op. It also has solo. 

You got a car. Car is powered by electricity and fuel.

You charged the battery but the car is not acting like it should be! It won't ride!

Why? Because fuel is most important.

Some cars can ride without a battery. None of them can ride without fuel.

(for those who didn't understand - fuel = co-op, base of the game, electricity = solo, just a mere addition)

Of course there are electric cars out there... But if you wanted to ride Chevy Impala instead of Nissan Leaf, then well... You need to deal with the fact, that what's the most important thing is the fuel.

Edited by Angius

Yes, this game is co-op. But they put solo in and now they have to deal with it. If an event is not considered plausible by the devs and they're not willing to make solo viable then at the very least advise people of that.

It also has crap weapons and mods.  It's your job to realize that they are bad, just like it's your job to realize solo isn't a plausible approach to the game.

You got a car. Car is powered by electricity and fuel.

You charged the battery but the car is not acting like it should be! It won't ride!

Why? Because fuel is most important.

Some cars can ride without a battery. None of them can ride without fuel.

(for those who didn't understand - fuel = co-op, base of the game, electricity = solo, just a mere addition)

Of course there are electric cars out there... But if you wanted to ride Chevy Impala instead of Nissan Leaf, then well... You need to deal with the fact, that what's the most important thing is the fuel.

3qmx36.jpg

Yea you're right it does have solo, but that doesn't mean that solo doesn't come with drawbacks. Why do they need to advise not to solo in a game with the label "Co-op" on it? "Oh yea this game is co-op so that means it shouldn't be soloed or it should be soloed at your own risk" <---comes without saying.

Fixed.

This game is co-op game.

Yes, solo players will be "punished".

No, the game should not be easier for solo players. If you're going solo, you need to deal with the fact, that there's nobody to revive you or help you in any way.

Yes, I am aware, that there's a solo option in game "for a reason". And the reasons are:

- Bad internet connection

- I'm waiting for an important call, so I need to have the possibility to pause at any time

- I just want to test my new weapon, and I don't want to play with others, because this weapon can be a horrible mistake.

No, solo is not valid way of playing co-op game

Or perhaps some people get so sick of playing Co-op with un co-operative players, that they are completely put off playing Co-op.

Think about it, there are many more reasons than what you listed.

First of all this game is not coop. not anymore or yet at least. it was coop game back to U7. not now. only reason to play in team is to have more mobs on MDs and faster mobs approach on EDs. Ah yes also drop...

Second of all coop is forced now. Sad but true. I was playing NM Cyath yesterday. Solo for the most time. Playing event in coop after that? what really?

Third if you still think this game is coop you are very very very very wrong.

So yeah TS i feel you.

Edited by Althix