Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The PERFECT Nezha Rework

Bluknight34

Everyone knows that Nezha may be the worst frame in the game.....actually he is. I really want to main him but as bad as he is it isn't possible. These are the changes I would like to see.

1. firewalker- firewalker is ok but as similar as it is to volts speed, it really should be a duration based ability not energy drain.

2. blazing chakram - This ability in my opinion has potential but needs to be tweaked just a little....that being said, remove the healing from the ability. Then, add a second part of the ability that is a charged attack that works similar to the zenistar and have it scale off melee mods or power strength.

3. warding halo - The ability is fine accept the range of the stun is so low its almost useless so it needs to be increased slightly. 

4. Divine spears - Now for the second big change to Nezha's kit that will bring all the synergy together. Please remove that terrible terrible slow animation from the ability and give it something similar to frost ground slam animation. Now for the ability itself. Spears will cascade outward in a radius impaling any enemies hit for a duration. Killing impaled enemies restores warding halo.

Please do this. It would go perfectly with the Nezha deluxe skin.

7 minutes ago, Bluknight34 said:

Everyone knows that Nezha may be the worst frame in the game.....actually he is.

Strong start. Really sets expectations.

These are either buffs or require total animation changes or are contrived attempts at synergy.

Wow some really "fire" ideas here!!!! Pun intended. I personally like meggss first ability as a toggle but I mean geez your the first to propose such a solid fix while adhering to there original design. Scaling that second ability to melee most would just be sick. An exalted glaive almost which maybe could even replace the fourth alternatively and synergize with the second. If they are, however, hell bent on the spears then this is the way to go.

how can you Like nezha, But not like anything about him? lol 

you would seriously have them remove his unique animation that distinguishes him from a crowed and have them replace it with a another warframes animation? essentially making him a smaller frost clone and remove his personality? 

that aside, and you might think im bias here, because of the first two statements, But i also do not agree with any of the ideas. The current nezha is a walking Apocalypse and he is not the worst just because your Nidus-build doesn't work the same for him. with the right mods, he can destroy more then that syran frame. at least mine does, but i used 7 formas in it. The only thing i would agree with them doing to nezha is buff's. but like i said, he doesnt need it. 

Another "Nezha main" here.  Not so bad, but I'll forgive your hyperbole.

1. That just makes it more like Volt's speed, but sure, I like getting energy regen while on fire.  Sounds good.

2. Please don't take my heals; I don't get to pull it off that often, but when I do... healing as Nezha is awesome.  Scaling with melee mods is something I've been hoping for, and I hope it comes after melee rework.

3. Seems fine with me.

4. +1 for faster animation, but there's no need to make it a boring repeat of an existing one. This one matches his persona as a playful trickster.

I never said i didnt like anything about him. If I didn't like him, then why would I even care for a rework? I said that its not worth making him a main in his current state. 

And thats fine if you want to keep that animation but i suggested the change because I don't think the animation would work well with a faster animation speed.

Lastly, I said similar to Frost animation not the same one. Try not to assume...My point was that it needed to be something faster and also make sense for spears coming out of the ground.

37 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Strong start. Really sets expectations.

These are either buffs or require total animation changes or are contrived attempts at synergy.

These would definitely be buffs.

The animations do not necessarily have to change. The current animations are fine I just believe that the 4 ability animation would look a little weird if it were faster and it's just way too slow for what the ability is.

And yes its definitely an attempt at synergy.

For example the first can be used always because it isn't draining and can focus on strengths of other abilities. I personally do not like having to mod into one ability and if I do i want the others to work well with it. Now for the 2,3, and 4. Cast warding halo, cast spears, charge chakram and kill impaled enemies while restoring warding halo. The reason i asked for the halo restoring on the 4th is because just buffing warding halo would turn him into Rhino and I don't want him to be Rhino.

23 minutes ago, Bluknight34 said:

Lastly, I said similar to Frost animation not the same one. Try not to assume...My point was that it needed to be something faster and also make sense for spears coming out of the ground.

Fair enough, but no assumptions made.  Current animation is summoning, rather than a "push the ground and the ground pushes back" like Frost or Atlas, so it makes perfect sense.  Any push/push like that is boring in comparison even if personalized, since this one is unique.  Any thoughts on keeping the healing, then?

Edit: Sweet thoughts, thanks for clarification.  I mainly use it on teammates as well, and agree it can be tricky to pull off.  It's a minor part of his kit, but I use it probably more than most.

Edited by mactrent

Just now, mactrent said:

Fair enough, but no assumptions made.  Current animation is summoning, rather than a "push the ground and the ground pushes back" like Frost or Atlas, so it makes perfect sense.  Any push/push like that is boring in comparison even if personalized, since this one is unique.  Any thoughts on keeping the healing, then?

My thoughts on keeping the healing is that I find it pointless when you're supposed to be invulnerable right?

That being said, the only way to keep the healing is it would really only work as a team heal. The range and duration of enemies being marked is slim to none, plus, the randomness of the bouncing and all i can say is just whoa! It's just bad and I felt the suggestion of adding the charged attack which would be a big part of the synergy and kit entirely that something had to be sacrificed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-08-31 at 2:17 AM, (PS4)RockstarJungle said:

you would seriously have them remove his unique animation that distinguishes him from a crowed and have them replace it with a another warframes animation? essentially making him a smaller frost clone and remove his personality? 

that aside, and you might think im bias here, because of the first two statements, But i also do not agree with any of the ideas. The current nezha is a walking Apocalypse and he is not the worst just because your Nidus-build doesn't work the same for him. with the right mods, he can destroy more then that syran frame. at least mine does, but i used 7 formas in it. The only thing i would agree with them doing to nezha is buff's. but like i said, he doesnt need it. 

never laughed so hard at a Statement :'D

On 2018-08-30 at 8:17 PM, (PS4)RockstarJungle said:

If Nezha is a walking apocalypse then why do you also have a thread listing buff ideas? I mean anybody with a kill count higher than "Syran" clearly doesn't need a buff. If anything they should probably be nerfed. 😕