Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Day I Felt Bad for A Random Grineer Butcher

Asphyxiants

So there I was, another speed run spy mission with Loki. About 20 missions in and my mind is numb. 

For one reason or another as I leap and twist my way along the corridors I take a swing at the 2 Grinner standing there having a conversation. Orthos Prime spins silently through the air but i only hit one. Not in any mood to stop I continue on and complete the mission without being detected. Now this had me thinking about that other Grineer I hadn't killed. Can you imagine how messed up that guy now is?!

Jim - "Anything planned tonight, Bob?"

Bob - "Yeah actually. You know that cute Ballista that's been given me the eye? You know, Jane with the limp? Well I've been working up the courage to....

*Bob violently slices in half*

Jim - "B..b...Bob?" 

Jim had no closure at all. He had no idea a Tenno was there, no alarms went off and no indication of any intrusion or data being stolen. To Jim, Bob just burst in half one day.

I still think about Jim. 

I had a similar incident where I was doing a riven in PoE headshotting Ballistas and in one tower there was a Ballista and one of those AA units having a small conversation before I blew a literal hole in her face with my suppressed Lex P and moved on, Imagine the PTSD that guy must have gone through 😢

Edited by (PS4)Equinox21697

Did you all ever consider what happens to the Grineer you damaged to a inch of their life but they lived after you extracted? What if you hit them with a life-debilitating proc but they had to suffer the rest of their days with this condition and crave death?

Spoiler

warframe__positive_test_results_by_marikbentusi-db8t0br.png

Press F to pay respects to Bombard.

5 hours ago, Asphyxiants said:

So there I was, another speed run spy mission with Loki. About 20 missions in and my mind is numb. 

For one reason or another as I leap and twist my way along the corridors I take a swing at the 2 Grinner standing there having a conversation. Orthos Prime spins silently through the air but i only hit one. Not in any mood to stop I continue on and complete the mission without being detected. Now this had me thinking about that other Grineer I hadn't killed. Can you imagine how messed up that guy now is?!

Jim - "Anything planned tonight, Bob?"

Bob - "Yeah actually. You know that cute Ballista that's been given me the eye? You know, Jane with the limp? Well I've been working up the courage to....

*Bob violently slices in half*

Jim - "B..b...Bob?" 

Jim had no closure at all. He had no idea a Tenno was there, no alarms went off and no indication of any intrusion or data being stolen. To Jim, Bob just burst in half one day.

I still think about Jim. 

Amazing! Lol!  Great Grineer satire.

Edited by Steel027
None

This was pure gold. Makes me think back of the times I ran spy missions killing some units then stalking around the ones that witnessed it until they weren't alerted anymore just to kill them afterwards (or bump into them a few more times and kill them after they are on a full on paranoid state aiming everywhere trying to see their death before it hits them) .

The Grineer remind me of old people, with all their prosthetics and liver spots, so I kinda dont feel super good about killing most of them to be honest. The way they barely lift their legs when they run kinda reinforces the image too. Other than the assassination targets I'm not sure which ones I do feel good about killing.

All in all I generally only ever attack solo targets during missions where Im going stealthy. They don't immediately go for the alarm but it does alert them.

Its kinda why I wish there was another faction in the game composed of actually physically fit people that operated almost like a special forces unit or something, instead of just being tanky and swarming. They'd outsmart Tenno by adapting to their abilities (not like Sentients) or hiding after taking shots, while doing alot of damage because they've honed their marksmanship.

Edited by Bird_God

That remeber me of a mission where i felt really bad for a Corpus crewman, was on a defense mission, he was the last enemy of the wave, and someone just shoted his leg off, he felt in front of me and, i don't know if was an ragdool efect or an actual animation, but i seeme he was desperatelly trying to hang the tip of the riped leg while squirming in pain. I felt really bad about that guy, then started to think about the thousands and thousands of enemys we obliterate every mission... but hey, at least i got Saryn Prime part XD

5 hours ago, Daskrieg said:

if you think what happened to bob was bad just wait till you see what happened with steve and the hydroid.

no one expects to die by drowning in a ship hallway.

Then you haven't seen what happened to mike and nyx. He did not expect to be randomly gunned down by his best friend.

I did that last night, sniping Grineer off one by one Prowling down a corridor with Ivara. I somehow managed to miss that one butcher, despite hitting everybody else between the eyes with my Rakta Cernos.

Bernard the Butcher never even noticed his coworkers dropping like flies or impaling to the walls, he just . . . stood there like nothing was going on in the belfry. I tried to put the poor wretched thing out of his misery, but alas, every arrow missed, regardless of my aim's angle and distance.

I decided it was cosmic fate for him to live, so I crept past him. And as I did, I leaned in to whisper, "Play the Origin System Powerball, brother. You'll make Nef Anyo cry like Darvo after a contraband bust tonight."

I was playing mercury missions, then of all possibilities grineer butchers decides its a good idea to teleport to in front of me.

"Tom - hey Bob see that warframe with a nikana tucked to the hip, see how I go butcher it"

Tom never saw what hit him.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG